Best Buy Reviews

5,825 Reviews

Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly
Hubert Joly
1,871 Ratings

Pros
  • Finally the employee discount is one of the best I have ever seen or heard of (in 729 reviews)

• The pay is descent only if you are working for GeekSquad, great discount for employees (in 311 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance only exists under quality General Management which is rare (in 196 reviews)

• full time position due to nobody moving in current full-time positions for higher ones (in 181 reviews)

More Highlights

Employment

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Cape Girardeau, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cape Girardeau, MO

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very flexible with scheduling fun place to work especially getting to learn about the latest and greatest technology.I would recommend this employer to a friend

Cons

Sometimes the management can be difficult to communicate with and job accountability is low. Leadership does not really enforce current job behaviors

Great culture and compensation

Former Employee - Senior Director  in  Richfield, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Richfield, MN

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are great! The discount is amazing! The company values are timeless!

Cons

Redundancy makes it tough to get things done. People are allowed to opt in or out of initiatives.

Prioritize and enable value added change

Best Buy can be fun but sometimes very stessful

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time

Pros

The ability to have different options rather then just one specific product or brand. Discount is awesome. Peers are very laid back.

Cons

Black Fridays at Best Buy are nightmares. Shift can range from 8 hours to 20+ hours. leadership need to improve.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful Company

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant  in  Paramus, NJ
    Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Paramus, NJ

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training, caring environment, easy to move up

Cons

days off are rarely approves

Ample Growth Opportunity

Current Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (ARA)  in  Utica, MI
    Current Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (ARA) in Utica, MI

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company is built on having the best employee experience and developing leadership. They take employee privacy seriously.

Cons

Nothing to my knowledge from a company stand point, just annoying customers, but you will get that anywhere.

Keep doing what you do, cut down on costs, and you will dominate the market.

Not too shabby

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Allison Park, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Allison Park, PA

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

A fun environment, management was always nice

Cons

The money isn't great unless you advance passed sales
    the hours can be a little grueling at times.

Work on the scheduling process a little
    sometimes its just too much

good place to work

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Good place to start your job especially if you are in college

Cons

Big jump in pay from sales floor to management and very hard to find a position.

Good transitional job

Current Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros

I was hired right out of college for a position within Best Buy. Pretty basic interview questions nothing too major since they knew upfront this wasn't a lifetime career kind of job for me. I have more pro's than con's to say about Best Buy honestly. It's a great company to work for if you realize you're not going to be working your dream job. But hey, maybe selling electronics is your dream so I can't judge. EASY work, but don't get that misunderstood with un-challenging work. Dealing with customers is what makes or breaks your day. Some are fantastic people and others make you want to hide in the hub, but that's retail. As for my store I do enjoy working there. It is my part-time job so I went in thinking the managers would treat me like a nobody since my other job requires more of my time than here. All of the managers know my name and will strike up conversation when every they walk by, not just the typical sales conversations but really in depth conversations about how I'm adjusting to life out of college and what I hope to do with my degree. The biggest pro of working for Best Buy will be the employees, and not to mention the discount.

Cons

Retail hours, forget about two days off in a row, and standing for up to 11 hours a day. You may get your break you may not just depends on how busy your store is but that's life. What one manager tells you is completely different that the next so you are stuck picking between which one to listen to. Your front end leaders will think they manage more than the store manager. You use a digital time clock and just about the time you get used to using the current system don't worry, they will completely change the format.

When you are talking over the radio for someone to help a customer and we all are already helping customers why can you not at least greet the customer to let them know we will help them when we are done with our current customer. Management seems to try and avoid helping customers outside of their management duties. When two managers are standing talking to each other and a customer is asking for help who will not get help because the department is busy and they see the two managers not helping 90% of the time they will leave. A simple greet would stop this. Also, for the love of everything holy in this mortal world promote from within. Nothing makes an entire department put their two weeks in like when you hire someone from the outside for the SWAT job instead of promoting a warehouse employee.

Developing a marketable skill set

Current Employee - Demand Forecast Analyst  in  Richfield, MN
    Current Employee - Demand Forecast Analyst in Richfield, MN

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Challenging work environment
    Engaged coworkers and diverse business team
    Ability to make a difference within the assigned business category with regard to the industry
    Strong focus on building a well-rounded skill set
    Training is in-depth

Cons

The systems are difficult to grasp, takes a large amount of time to understand the quirks of the business category
    There is a sense of favoritism towards other members of the business team
    Compensation was not negotiable
    While a diverse skill set is encouraged, business category knowledge is lost when moved to newer category

Great Place to WOrk and Grow

Former Employee - Advanced Repair Agent  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Advanced Repair Agent in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great friends people and I learned a lot about running a business

Cons

retail hours are always hard

empower us

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!