Best Buy Reviews

Updated April 1, 2015
7067 reviews filtered by

1. My experience working for this company was very exciting. I was not use to selling home theater products.

I worked at Best Buy part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get to see and know all prices on very good home theater, and gaming products. Great team work and Employee discount.

Cons

Long Down times, customers giving me a hard time

2. Awesome place to work!

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I started at Best Buy as seasonal and have worked my way up. There is tremendous opportunity for growth. The company is committed to its employees and has great ways to reward them. You can earn points to spend on merchandise in the store or even from a catalog of external items. Bonuses are great!! Each employee has an opportunity to bonus, earning them almost $1 an hour more.

Cons

The hours. Since it is retail, you are not working a traditional 9-5.

3. Really good

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Good discount, good environment to be around, nice people.

Cons

Bad management, mangers don't care at all.

Improve

5. It was fine

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Fun to learn about technology
    Employees were great

Cons

Managers kinda sucked.
    Responsibility placed on people without paying them more
    Manager (at the time) would pass off tasks to people who already had their own work to do

Don't suck so much. Support employees. Don't give people responsibilities if you aren't going to pay them for it.

6. Multi Channel Sales Associate

I worked at Best Buy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They offer a lot of great benefits for full-time employees. On-going training that keeps you informed

Cons

Management needs to continue basic training to have a basic understanding of each position.

Be sure you have enough of an understanding of each employee's duties before you demand more from them.

7. Super friendly team, great management & benefits, great job if you're still in school

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Best Buy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

At my location at least the staff was all super friendly, most of the younger people hung out and partied together and they encouraged the newbies to come along. You have a lot of freedom, you're not micromanaged unless your numbers start really crashing and then all they do is have a 15 min face-to-face with your manager (mine happened to be a super cool laid back guy so, while he did genuinely want me to be happy there and my numbers to show it, he wasn't condescending or mean about it.) I had several managers up the food chain that were super helpful and took personal interests in their employees' happiness at work. Selling was pretty easy if you know how to talk to people and took the time to get educated about the products, after all most people were there to buy something so all you really had to do was steer them to the right device. You could move up pretty quickly if you were good at selling and worked hard, which included raises. GREAT for people who are going to school, they'll help pay for it! Pretty good benefits. I learned a lot about technology and a variety of devices, which was cool.

Cons

-We were encouraged to up-sell certain things (we knew what made the company the most money and kept your numbers high), sometimes that felt a little scheme-y. But that's sales, and Best Buy was better than a lot of other sales jobs I've heard about. You weren't selling Direct-TV to random, unsuspecting people in Walmart or anything, you actually felt like you were helping the large majority of customers.
    -If you have a tendency to be late (guilty), that might be a problem. Some of the people who had been there for a while seemed to be able to get away with it but while I was there they started cracking down on their late policy. More than 5 minutes late you get a strike. Three strikes, well you know. So you can't be even a few minutes late 3 times ... for me that was a bit of a problem. Oh well. You've been warned, just don't be late!

You guys are super helpful and nice and actually seem to care about your employees' happiness. Keep doin' you.

8. Wonderful Experience

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Fun culture, fast paced, good compensation and benefits. Teams are very welcoming and networking is encouraged throughout the corporation. Leadership is supportive and thankful.

Cons

Holiday season can make the work-life balance a bit more difficult, but that's retail. Internal promotions are common, but can be lacking in some teams.

9. i have had no experience working with best buy. i hope to work there soon.

Current Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than a year)

Pros

i think it would help me with people skills and give me a very good learning experience.

Cons

i will be a little leary at first but i will get the hang of it soon

i will try my hardest to do the work you have selected for me.

10. Good Company to Work For

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Fargo, ND
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Fargo, ND

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

You get to stay pretty busy, so that is good. I worked with some wonderful people and really enjoyed my time with them. You also get an employee discount

Cons

The pay isn't very good and the hours can be difficult with a lot of nights and weekends.

The management was pretty good, I got along good with most of them, not much to complain about.

Great

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Discounts customer service employee perks pay rate

Cons

Hours, work life balance black friday

Great