Best Version Media Reviews

Reset
4.7
Best Version Media Chief Executive Officer David Durand
David Durand

Pros
  • Best Version Media is a great company to work for (in 11 reviews)

• I can't say enough how happy I am working for Best Version Media (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons to working at/with Best Version Media (in 5 reviews)

• BVM has gotten much better in providing this counsel to the field (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Publisher, Citrus County FL. North Florida Division Manager.

Current Employee - Publisher in Inverness, FL
    Current Employee - Publisher in Inverness, FL

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a publisher for three years with BVM, I am confident in saying that the role of Publisher provides autonomy, esteem, financial freedom, freedom of time and a joyful life. The culture and leadership is unparalleled in that each member of the BVM team embraces professional will, a compassionate heart, a fun-loving spirit and humility. This is an organization in which it is okay to make mistakes. The camaraderie between the Publishers throughout North America is remarkable and the ongoing learning opportunities provided in order to support the continued growth of each individual publisher's business is top-notch. I would encourage individuals who possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit along with a solid, self-driven work ethic and the desire to build a life of financial freedom and freedom of time to really learn more about the opportunities afforded to us at Best Version Media. I am so grateful to be a part of this team!

Cons

To become a successful Publisher you really have to continuously challenge yourself to step outside of your comfort zone. This is often a difficult and somewhat painful process as in doing so you're forced to come to terms with your own shortcomings and weaknesses. The good news is that no one in this company is judging you. You are simply evaluating your own habits, hang ups and mindsets. However, the rewards in challenging yourself to become the best version of yourself far outweigh the discomfort required to get there.

Advice to Management

I would like to thank the founders and leaders of Best Version Media for the personal sacrifices they have made since the inception of the company. The opportunities that they have created for the members of the BVM were made possible only through these sacrifices coupled with their vision, belief and commitment to create the opportunity for others, like myself, to reach amazing places and to continue to grow.

Top Notch Company - Great Management

Former Employee - Associate Publisher in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Associate Publisher in Cary, NC

I worked at Best Version Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management, you could not even hope to have better. A warm and nurturing company culture. Help is always available when you need it. Great income opportunity. Appointments are fun. Cary, NC is an open opportunity at the moment.

Cons

None. My reasons for leaving BVM are all personal and not at all the fault of the company. One must be able to cold call every day in order to succeed, not a con, just a fact of the business.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing.

3. Enjoying meeting new people to write feature stories.

Current Employee - Content Editor in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Content Editor in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Best Version Media (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can be very creative in finding events and writing about new residents that you meet.

Cons

Business support from the local community is vital for receiving new feature stories each month.

Advice to Management

It's important to know the demographics of the population served, one size does not fit all communities with this business model.

5. Publisher

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time

Pros

Great company exciting opportunity as Publisher

Cons

No cons to think of yet

Publisher

Current Employee - Publisher in Gold River, CA
    Current Employee - Publisher in Gold River, CA

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Autonomy / independence. Challenging and rewarding. Amazing training and support system. Current compensation plan. Management. Opportunity / potential. Anybody can do this from any background, you just have to want success more than you want failure. Company culture.

Cons

Working for free for a period of time until you get going.

Advice to Management

I listed management under the "Pro" category because it is a Pro, and you are all pros. Keep doing what you're doing! Also, sometimes there are circumstances that don't fit under a blanket corporate rule and when dealing with people that have an entrepreneurial mind, the type of individuals that typically enjoy flexibility and problem solving, maybe exceptions can be made if it's beneficial to the company such as an area where potential profit is being missed out on.

7. Content Coordinator

Current Employee - Content Coordinator
    Current Employee - Content Coordinator

Pros

Very professional environment! Great group of writer, editors, and designers.

Cons

I can honestly say there are not any cons.

8. Working with BVM has allowed me to grow, in the business world, and personally. The whole company is THE BEST!!!

Current Employee - Associate Publisher in Cass Lake, MN
    Current Employee - Associate Publisher in Cass Lake, MN

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The positivity radiates fullthroughout the organization within every level. From our fantastic tri-fecta in leadership,to handling the small details, BVM has it together to help the passionate succeed!

Cons

A personal challenge exists as every Publisher craves out their own business. If you build it...it will grow.

Advice to Management

Keep on rockin'!

Media

Current Employee - Marketing in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Flexible hours, nice people, set your own schedule and pace

Cons

Little pay or compensation for a lot of hours

Advice to Management

Better training for design team

Best Version Media Response

Aug 4, 2015 – Public Relations Manager

We appreciate this review from anonymous active Publisher and are excited to continue to build with him/her. A few quick points in reply: 1.) We are commission based and we pay the highest in the ... More

Outstanding company

Current Employee - Associate Publisher in Dothan, AL
    Current Employee - Associate Publisher in Dothan, AL

Pros

GREAT company, tremendous product, super effective marketing plan!

Cons

Not a single think - just fantastic!

Advice to Management

keep up the great work. Love the magazines

Great People, Great Work, Great Income Opportunity

Current Employee - Publisher in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Publisher in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The income potential is fantastic, there are great people to work with, and there is tons of support through the BVM community. This job is really one of a kind.

Cons

It's tough to find a downside, but I would say making the outgoing calls in the mornings is the toughest part... but once you get past that, there is not stopping you!

RSS Feed </> Embed