Best Western

Best Western Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Best Western President and CEO David T. Kong

David T. Kong

Pros
  • Great management, easy work, good pay for what you do, fun environment(in 5 reviews)

• Great people to work with, no micro-management(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Tough work for low pay but that is the hotel business(in 11 reviews)

• low salary, no real room for advancement(in 6 reviews)

Great management, fun staff.

Bartender (Former Employee) Puyallup, WA

ProsGreat co-workers and flexible hours

ConsNot many benefits for part-time employees.

Chelmsford, MA

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chelmsford, MA

ProsMostly friendly employees & opportunity for growth within company

ConsLack of training, not paid as well as other local hotels, poor current leadership

Advice to Senior Managementget a full time general manager who hastime to take control.

franchise company

Director of Sales (Former Employee)

Prosnice people flexible with person time

Consfranchise. no benefits. obviously working holidays is a drag.

Advice to Senior Managementput commission structure on paper so there isn't an argument come bonus time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

MY experience at the Royal Plaza was ok.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Marlboro, MA

ProsYOu should consider working here if you enjoy working in the hospitality industry and have a thick skin.

ConsGuests complain about lack of upkeep to the hotel which is not something you are in any position to comment on.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate hotel and provide amenities for all rooms (ie microwaves and mini fridges)

Great temporary opportunity!

Front Desk (Former Employee) Juneau, AK

ProsGreat benefits, and amazing management make this place. I love overtime potential and there was plenty of that available.

ConsThe only con was the location's social life. There is nothing to do in the city except during tourism's summer months.

Individual owners, lots of variation.

Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsDepending in the owner; pay, benefits, and environment can vary greatly. My property owner was a micro-manager but had a great property.

ConsVariations between Best Western tiers aren't well known. Many Best Westerns drag down the overall potential of the flag.

Advice to Senior ManagementStricter regulations on poor performing properties must be implemented.

A great company to work for!

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsI work with the most awesome, caring people! The benefits are good and the 401K program is awesome!

ConsSr. leaders are on the road most of the time so visibility to this level of leadership is limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementSr. leaders could make better use of video technology to communicate with employees more regularly.

I really liked working with Best Western I learned a lot I was with them19 years.

Rooms Division Manager (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsIt was like a family away from home. Very comfortable place to work.

ConsIt was had not having free continual breakfast.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a little more staff meeting about what's going on with the hotel

Best Western Plus in San Diego/Miramar

ProsCo-employee is easy to get along,

ConsNo Maintenance on the property on the afternoon and the worst is no maintenance on the weekend, No House person in the afternoon.

Advice to Senior ManagementHiring the right person is the key of all problems they need additional housekeeping (PM) and Maintenance (PM/weekend)

Front Desk Associate

Front Desk Associate (Current Employee)

ProsLearn how to work well with others and build up your professionalism. You're able to get discounts at other Best Western and learn how to use Best Western computer systems. The owner is a great guy, some of the employees are amazing. You get to meet people from all over the world.

ConsDon't get raises very often even if an employee has been working here for 3 years or even since the hotel has been open. No benefits offered.

Worked for Best Western? Contribute to the Community!