BestIT

Add Photos

BestIT CEO Harry Curtin

Harry Curtin

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Innovative company with great people!

Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at BestIT full-time

ProsBestIT tends to work more like an architecture firm, there is no sales department and everyone that a customer might speak with has a lot of value to bring to the table.

ConsWould like to see more team building events to bring the company even closer together.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe more management can share its vision the better. Everyone really respects and enjoys the management. It would be good to hear from them more often.

An awful work environment and dishonest management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at BestIT full-time for less than a year

ProsOn some weeks fruit would be delivered to the break room. There were also some snacks and every once in a while lunch would be purchased. You may be lucky to work with a talented person or two before they inevitably leave or get fired abruptly. Oh, and race cars.

ConsThe only people that seem to stay for any length of time are either too inexperienced to have the same job elsewhere or are essentially stuck because of immigration status. The company basically stays afloat because of one contract while the rest of the customers are second tier and constantly have issues because there aren't resources to handle them. The sales team is constantly over promising while searching for "whale" contracts that the business is totally unprepared to handle.

Aside from the ethical issues with the business, employee morale is low, facilities are inadequate, there are minimal benefits, and the company website is embarrassing.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrom top to bottom there is no accountability or integrity. Eventually the place will burn enough bridges to disappear. Hopefully everyone else be smart enough to move on beforehand.

"Our employees are like children..."

None (Former Employee)

I worked at BestIT full-time for less than a year

ProsThere was NOTHING positive or good about working here! Management (or micro-management) takes a dim view of the employees and feels that they "are like children and have to be treated that way".

ConsNo Training, no real organization structure, no business plan, no strategy, no business models.

Complete Chaos!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou don't have a clue what you are doing. Stick to racing.

Scariest place I've ever worked. If you don't mind feeling insecure about your job at all times work here.

Sales (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at BestIT full-time for more than a year

ProsCoworkers have your back and are very understanding. Unfortunately, it's because you all relate on the incredible pressure you are under and lack of knowing whether you'll have a job one more week.

The pay was competitive and fair for what it was.

Benefits are competitive

Big payout bonuses for sales members...if you are lucky to close a big deal on nothing but cold calls.

ConsThe biggest con is seeing your friends and coworkers get laid off every couple of Fridays with no heads up.

Management has little they can do to help you succeed.

Sales was 100% cold calling. No marketing support. Not even a PowerPoint to run potential customers through your services.

No inbound leads.

Leadership completely unwilling to consider smarter marketing.

Literally hired a 70 year old with old Xerox cold calling training videos on Laserdisc to teach us how to be better sales people.

High turnover.

Dishonest with clients and employees.

No loyalty to hard working performers if they have a poor quarter.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease start using real marketing to grow your company. No more cold calling bought lists.

Be more upfront when you hire people to let them know what their expectations are. That they are likely to be let go at a moments notice if they don't meet their quota for that quarter.

Up and Coming Company

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at BestIT full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat work atmosphere, great people to work with.

Great place to build a career. I have had many experiences, worked with many senior managers who have had careers I can only dream of. The people are what really make this place go, we work hard to ensure great client engagements and projects. We work great as a team, in the past we had gone thru some tough times, but we have come out ahead in a much better place because of the people and the shift in culture of the company. We have an "edge" to drive new business and build the company the right way.

If you aren't afraid of hard work, trust me the pros way outweigh the cons, the CEO will make sure you are taken care of and valued as an employee. You can't ask for more than that. On top of that, great benefits and great compensation and great work life balance.

ConsPressure, but what job doesn't have pressure?

Past senior management no longer with the company built a culture of complacency and handed out raises and job titles to employees who they personally hired for the company. This rubbed many long time employees the wrong way and the culture of complacency led to some rough months. But our current leadership team righted the ship and built the culture to focus on rewarding hard work and valuable employee contributions to the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to key employees, continue to value the people of your organization. They will continue to work hard to ensure the success of the company.

BestIT is not the Best

Database Administrative (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at BestIT full-time for less than a year

ProsCoworkers are friendly, work environment is tolerable.

ConsNo technical leadership, low ethics, company is always cutting corners and morale is low because of extremely high employee turn-over.

Advice to Senior ManagementPray that you will never have to find a job somewhere else.

Very disorganized, will do and say anything for a buck regardless of what they can deliver.

Development Lead (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at BestIT as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI cant think of any.

ConsThe sales team seems to run the place.

Advice to Senior ManagementAct like you appreciate the work people do to make you money.

Better places out there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at BestIT full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are a lot of great people who work at BestIT. HR Department is probably the best thing they have going for them. The people you work with are genuinely good people.

ConsPressure, pressure, pressure! They want things done now. The deadlines they come up with are hard to meet. They push things on customers that the customers don't want or need. They don't listen.

Perspective from both sides-Client and consultant

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at BestIT full-time for less than a year

ProsSome quality employees and consultants on staff. They seem to somehow find some very talented people to sign on with such a small unknown company. Strong recruiting is my only guess how this happens.

ConsStill have dead weight former state workers no need to say more. No accountability takes place and executives all on totally different pages. Odd decisions direction changes and lots of misleading of employees by executive and management. The very top is simply not even close to competent.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement some accountability and have a vision and plan.

Growing Company with Multiple Opportunities Ahead

Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at BestIT

ProsBestIT is a small, yet growing company dedicated to providing expert IT Consulting services to many different types of clients. The majority of our staff works together as a team on a daily basis to not only help our clients succeed, but to grow our business as well. The sense of ownership people have for their work here is wonderful. Every employee's opportunity for growth is apparent. We work together as a team to get issues resolved instead of placing blame which helps us continue to move forward in the right direction on a daily basis.

ConsBestIT is growing at a fairly quick rate, especially compared to some other companies I have been a part of. Overall this is a great thing, however due to our fast growth rate there are some policies and procedures that haven't been established yet. This poses some challenges when coming across new issues and how to handle them. Even though this is a con at the present moment, we are working daily to ensure that proper policies and procedures are established so that BestIT can continue to grow and develop.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would be to keep this growing trend going. We need to keep some of the great benefits and incentives we have here in order to attract the best talent.

Worked for BestIT? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BestIT reviews and ratings in Phoenix, AZ — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BestIT CEO Harry Curtin. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by BestIT employees.