Bestbuy Mobile

Updated October 6, 2014
Updated October 6, 2014
3.1

CEO

Pros
  • They were open to new ideas, fast-past, i learned a lot about myself (in 3 reviews)

• Learned a lot in the sales/ customer service field (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • You will work 50 plus hours, 70 plus during the the holiday months, no weekends off at all, meetings and conference calls on your days off (in 2 reviews)

• Everyone is considered part time even if you work full time hours, and part time people receive no benefits (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun sales position, really depends on general Manager though.

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Bestbuy Mobile part-time (more than an year)

Pros

If your GM and co-workers are people who are friendly and you get along with you really have the opportunity to make lifelong friends as the Mobile Specialty stores are usually 5-6 people tops. The opportunity for bonuses every moth are awesome but are predicated on the store as a whole producing, no special extras for individual bonus. Awesome discount.

Cons

If your protection plan and accessory attachment rate aren't astronomically high you'll always be chided. It's never in a manor that is helpful either as 70% is pretty darn good. Often emphasize the "Non Commissioned Sales" aspect but for the wage given a decent-good sales person would make way more money working at a carrier store for commission.

Remember to live the "Customer Promise." If we have a customer who loses phones or gets them stolen often don't try to convince them that this time they'll be ok and sell GSP instead of carrier insurance, and don't chide sales people for living the promise and giving the "Best solution" for the customer which at times is carrier insurance.

Great training and discounts

Former Employee - General Manager in Norman, OK
    Former Employee - General Manager in Norman, OK

I worked at Bestbuy Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Health benefits and employee discounts.

Cons

Deep cuts and labor and unrealistic demands in sales.

Work a few shifts alone and make your sales expectations. Oh, and please make sure you pick a location without a bathroom. Good luck and happy selling!

Great for students, not a career

I have been working at Bestbuy Mobile

Pros

Works well with schedule if you are a student
    Get to see latest technology

Cons

Retail sales are constantly changing and it makes the job stressful because of constant nagging from management to exceed "goals" which are unattainable

Chill place to work, but not a very secure job.

Current Employee - BestBuy Mobile in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - BestBuy Mobile in Washington, DC

I have been working at Bestbuy Mobile part-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Discount
    - Flexible hours
    - Decent pay
    - Cool people to meet and work

Cons

- Favoritism
    - Job security
    - None commission, yet must meet numbers like commission jobs.
    - Stressful environment at points.

Just keep to yourself. Upper Management doesn't care about what their employees have to say. Just clock in, work hard, and clock off it's really not that hard. At the end of the day, you still have a job, and the one's who complain are generally the laziest people. Just my two cents.

Absolutely no work life balance

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Bestbuy Mobile full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is good, if you are in management, and the company discount is excellent! Love my employees and the dedication to their jobs and company.

Cons

You will work 50 plus hours, 70 plus during the the holiday months, no weekends off at all, meetings and conference calls on your days off. Upper management will work you into the ground, and at the same time you have to push your under paid staff to sell products, without commission for them. The labor management is unproductive, bestbuy will expect your employees to work alone helping 5-10 people at the same time, horrible customer and employee experience. Turnover has reached an all time high, making everyone's work environment unstable and stressful.

Rethink the company model in the mobility stores, they need an asst manager, not leads and more labor to better assist customers and relieve stress of employees. Stop under cutting the notional margins so that bonus's are attainable for our employees.

General Manager

Current Employee - General Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bestbuy Mobile full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great discount, laid back work enviornment, health benefits are pretty decent.

Cons

almost impossible to hit your monthly goals. treated like commission based even though we aren't. company has great values however upper management doesn't impliment them. if you are in school you shouldn't be a GM there isn't really a work life balance at all.

quit pushing numbers and listen to your team when they are discussing business aspects of the store they are in almost daily. we are stressed out enough as is and there are times you dont make it easier.

Sales Associate

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Athens, GA
    Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Athens, GA

I have been working at Bestbuy Mobile part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The discount for accessories is amazing and depending on the work environment it can be fun. Mobile needs is important and it is cool to help people in that manner.

Cons

It is a sales position so you are pushed to sell certain things. Depending on the other employees it may become push sales which is never fun.

Overall management is good.

Great place to work for High Energetic / Creative People

Former Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Bestbuy Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employee Friendly
    Leveraging Technology for the end user community and their own employees

Cons

Only limited in US, there is no development center in India

Would request to open Development Center in India

It was a great place to work, and a great introductory sales job

Former Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Bestbuy Mobile part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work life balance was great, all of the staff is supportive and its definite team attitude when working there. The management was great in assisting in anything i needed help with and was accommodating my needs in regards to time for school.

Cons

There is minimal chances to grow without changing locations and working on special release days or shopping days were a pain.

No real advice to give, it was a great job while I was in school but I'm glad I worked there as it served as a great stepping stone to many other career choices as i moved on.

Love working there

Current Employee - Bestbuy Mobile Specialist in McHenry, IL
    Current Employee - Bestbuy Mobile Specialist in McHenry, IL

I have been working at Bestbuy Mobile part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome employees, great management, decent pay.

Cons

Some jerk customers, but hey, that's retail.

Don't yell at us for using our phone so much, then sit on yours the entire day!!