Bestway Reviews

8 reviews filtered by
2.7
David A. Kraemer

1. Good company to work for.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Gastonia, NC
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Gastonia, NC

I worked at Bestway full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Family orientated company to work for.

Cons

Hours of work is long and exhausting.

Cut down hours and alternate weekend work.

2. Prepare to lose your life

Former Employee - Assistant Manager, But Technically Delivery Driver in Hartselle, AL

I worked at Bestway full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Start you out with okay pay.

Cons

6 days a week, 10+ hours a day
    Start out as a contractor, not an employer, so no benefits
    Turnover

Don't lie to potential employees. Don't call a job an assistant manager position when it's only a delivery position.

Start everyone out as an employee. If you're going to claim a job as a contract job, then technically the worker would be able to make his own hours and get paid for a job, not by the hour. Trust me, if I was going to be self-employed, working as a delivery driver for BestWay would not be the business I would go into it. If you would do this, turnover wouldn't be so high. The manager at my store had only been there 6 months, and ended up leaving two days after I was hired. Instead of promoting one of us "assistant managers" from within, they hired from outside, and still hadn't filled the position when I left.

One of the delivery drivers quit, and they moved one over from another store, making his commute to work 90 mins instead of the 10 he was driving. He left a couple of days after I did.

One employee was also lied to. He told the regional manager that he had a disability with his feet, and the RM assured him the job was mostly sedentary, but didn't relay that to the store manager who made the employee spend 90% of his time dusting. He quit after a week.

Also let workers know of the risk involved in the job. Since BestWay doesn't require credit, they let anyone rent, and 95% of people don't pay. I spent more time picking up furniture than I did delivering and those people aren't happy. I didn't expect to be verbally threatened, have dogs sicced on me, and guns pointed at me.

3. Credit Manager

I worked at Bestway full-time

Pros

Plenty of hours and work overtime

Cons

Revolving door...newly promoted employees don't know how to manage the business. Old coworkers look out for each other even when they can't do there job effectively.

Pay attention to whats really going on with your stores.

5. Manager in Cullman is very high strung.

Former Contractor - Delivery Driver in Cullman, AL
    Former Contractor - Delivery Driver in Cullman, AL

I worked at Bestway as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Out and about. Pay was 10 an hour, 40-55 hours a week. Not really anything else is good. you learn alot about rent to own business. Meet lots of people.

Cons

manager is very high strung and very hard to work for. unobtainable expectations. Gone through 3 drivers in 2 weeks. Cleaning is more than 2/3 of daily duties. Never put me in payroll. won't tell you how to do something but then yell when not done right.

This store needs a new manager.

6. Too much stress and demands for way to little pay

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Decatur, AL
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Decatur, AL

I worked at Bestway

Pros

The employees get a great discount on the merchandise after they have been employeed there for 3 months. The employee purchases can be deducted from the employee's payroll.

Cons

The hours were long and we had to work 6 days instead of 5 like stated in the hiring process. We worked a minimum of 65 hours a week, with our only days off being Sunday and when they are closed for the holidays.

Make the company a more team playing company. How can you expect the sales manager to continue to get sales when the credit manager is continuing their denial of the potential customers. Also stop putting people on the telemarketing list that you refuse to rent to from again!!!

7. 80 hour workweeks

Former Employee - Manager in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Manager in Montgomery, AL

I worked at Bestway

Pros

As a store manager you can make some great income if the store is doing good. You will trade your life for money.

Cons

constant pressure for unrealistic goals. The constant demands entice employees to be unethical. Its difficult for management to require 100% compliance to integrity issues when it is never appreciated. The employees see no need.

Employees need some time off and overtime should be time and a half. ( It currently pays chineese overtime. Management get a salary and bonus.)

8. its marvelous

Current Employee - Supervisor in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Bestway part-time (more than a year)

Pros

All working staff v. cooperative and working condition so good.

Cons

very strict in office timings and work

Plx add some good %age on every year salaries.

9. Great Cement Trading Company

I have been working at Bestway part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

there are more much which i have learn from this Management Skills , Accounts Skills, Marketing Skills, Best Business Skills

Cons

Starting salaries are less as compare to others cement companies

Starting Salaries & Benefits of employees should be equal to others cement trading companies