Betacom

2.7

Randy Bowe

Ok company

I have been working at Betacom

Pros

They pay on time and have good benefits. They have new dodge diesel trucks. They give per Demi when you travel.

Cons

Your always on the road and never home. They tell you one thing and then do the opposite. Communication is limited

Betacom is a hostile work environment

I worked at Betacom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Enticement of employment with sligthly higher wages and benefits that look good on paper

Cons

The company has limited structure, training, or leadership. The culture of the company shows no respect towards its employees. The turn over rate is unlike anything I've witnessed. Opposed to more stringent and detailed hiring process and developing talent within, Betacom would rather just fire their employees. The company does not promote a teamwork atmosphere but rather a point your finger CYA environment. Leadership is unapproachable. Working at Betacom felt more like enslavement than employment.

Take some ownership of your poor business decisions when you over-employee personnel based on your projected workload. Show some respect for your employees opposed to the overwhelming culture of making everyone feel incompetent. Deliver what you promise. Employee after employee I've spoke to were told one thing during the hiring process and were expected to go far beyond those promises once employed.
    Have some compassion for the people and their families when you make decisions about their lives and present it as "needs of the business."

it was a learning curve for my career.

I worked at Betacom full-time

Pros

i learn a lot about my field of work.

Cons

there were things that went on that made working there uncomfortable.

Run away

I have been working at Betacom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some of the people are good to work with.

Cons

Company is run by absent owners, They know little about the day to day operations, yet ALWAYS seem to know better. They have a 70% turnover rate......Do I need to say anything else! Working 60+ hours a week on salary is not the way to do things. Not nearly enough support staff to deal with the companies growth (or should I say over-growth)

Your employees are the ones making the money. Don't forget that.

It has been a great experience overall.

I have been working at Betacom full-time

Pros

Great benefits to go along with a good staff. Company has many locations so that transfer between facilities is plausible. Staff is willing to train if you have no experience or little experience.

Cons

Although willingness to train is great, there is no standard therefore, training can be sometimes a bit unorganized.

This kind of Telecom company is more of a glorified construction company than an actual Telecom engineering company.

Current Employee - Tower Tech in Coral Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Tower Tech in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at Betacom

Pros

Better benefits and pay than similar companies in the state. It has good equipment and vehicles. If you like the field, working with tools and are not afraid of heights then this may be a good place for you.

Cons

Only for the rugged. Degrees or anything you may learn from a book, although not useless, are not valued or appreciated. You have to pay your dues doing the dirty work no matter how knowledgeable or educated you may be.

Must learn to utilize the talent to the best of potential instead of making workers pay dues doing something they are not good at while not giving the opportunity to do what the worker may do best.