Betfair

www.betfair.com

Betfair Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Betfair CEO Breon Corcoran

Breon Corcoran

Pros
  • good people, great office in a decent location, ample staff perks(in 6 reviews)

• There are some great people to work with (not always easy to find though(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • takes too long to get anything done, too much turnover amongst senior members of staff and therefore no clear direction(in 5 reviews)

• There is plenty to be desired from the HR as there are no career progression programs, and employees are rarely coached or mentored(in 3 reviews)

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Breakthrough technology, high growth, hit plateau

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat gambling company. Was on great track in USA

ConsNow off track in USA

Betfair's development office in San Francisco is a very friendly environment.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe people are friendly and are willing to help others to be successful as well.

ConsDue to the chaos (like any other start-up environment), getting some answers to issues are a bit delayed at times....but will be received evidently.

Do not recommend

ProsGood location
    Causal environment, you can wear jeans at work everyday if you are the 'blue' fan
    Various snack, wine and beer
    Certain senior management are really good hits.
    Have good opportunities to learn new things.
    Business and product has good system knowledge.

ConsToo much politics, it can be very difficult to work sometimes.
    Less vision and inexperienced in regarding to technology.
    Hardworking taken granted.
    benefits only sound great as in the ad.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe brave to appreciate your employee.
    Do not hesitate to get rid of bad people.
    Be fair and discipline the troublemaker.
    Your employee need to live their life, work and life balance. Do not take granted.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I love my job and the people I work with

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsBetfair is by far the best place I've ever worked for. There's a lot of opportunity to learn new things and the compensation is competitive. The people are very professional and management is on top of things. You should try to work here... if you can get in lol

ConsManagement was trying to hire very rapidly and in the process they hired a few bad apples, but these people didn't last, you have to know your stuff to be last here.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people on a contract-to-hire basis so you can get rid of them quickly if it don't work out. Don't hire FTE off the bat.

Great people, process and investment in technology.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe company is growing fast in San Francisco, picking up more and more talented people. It is a good chance to work with a company that has the look and feel of a start- up with international a foot print.
    Betfair has a great product and will change to face to the betting industry in the US.

ConsAs like many fast growing technology companies some of the managers needs some work on the basic skills of managing people.

Great opportunity for growth and challenge while at the same time making a difference with an exciting mission

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsOpenness, willingness to do the right thing, challenge, mission, scale, experience, people, excitement. It's got good bones and huge potential.

ConsCompany has grown very quickly and it needs to rationalise performance levels across the group

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the easy things are too hard - we need more of the basics polished.

Absolutely no strategic direction...

Product Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsIf the US online gaming market ever opens, a sports exchange will be a next top ten online consumer product.

ConsUntil then - just another company trying to make a penny by chasing Zynga.

Advice to Senior ManagementDifferentiate yourself.

Not recommended

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGood location in SF; decent pay

ConsBetfair US is not a place I can recommend. Senior IT management is incompetent. Opportunities for growth are not as good as you might expect in a large global company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for Betfair? Contribute to the Community!