Bethany Rehabilitation

Better than the rest

Current Employee - Nurse in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Nurse in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Bethany Rehabilitation

Pros

Management team has a lot of experience to share with staff. Promotes values that are needed for today's version of a good home, not just a nursing home.

Cons

It's a nursing home, and nursing homes are tough places to work in general. The economy puts a strain on growing out of old ways that don't work. Getting "buy-in," from staff on exciting new ideas is not easy, even if it is best for all concerned. Health care in the U.S. is too conservative for its own good. Even the state surveyors, that inspect the home force management to spend more time on virtually random problems, and not day to day processes.

Keep on trying, make the time to put together well thought out training of all sorts, and encourage "real," buy-in from all involved. Not easy, but worth the effort.

Unfair treatment of employees

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Bethany Rehabilitation

Pros

I was a new grad nurse and they were willing to hire me. It was experience and I learned a bit.

Cons

The managment sucks. They play favorites and if you're not one of the favorites, they hover around trying to catch you in mistakes. They kept adding more non-nursing tasks that took away time from doing real work, like taking care of the residents.

Support the staff instead of finding ways to tear them down. Or just quit so they can hire some competent management.