Bethel University

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Bethel is a great University that sharpens students skills to be the most effective leaders of our day.

Delegate Team Member (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsChristian environmnet, values, career connections, awesome faculty

ConsNot everyone wants to abide by the covenant

Admissions Counselor

Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsBethel is very good to their employees. Within the admissions office there were countless individuals who were positive, kind, encouraging, and hard working. I always felt appreciated and valued within the admissions team.

ConsMy main concern with Bethel, both in the admissions office and the University at large, was the mild ignorance and naivety. I feel like it was usually by default and not in a vindictive manner, rather, they are just that way because it is all they have ever known. I would have liked them to be more open minded.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the office needs to diversify a bit, not necessarily in ethnicity, but in world views.

I do not recommend working for Bethel University.

Faculty (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsSome great faculty, mission driven (mostly), good football team.

ConsAs a faculty (and most likely a staff member as well), you won't be hired by Bethel unless you meet their Christian faith requirements (which are very conservative). Very complicated (potentially impossible) place to work, especially if you are perceived as skeptical of leadership decisions. If you are a person of color, then this is a much, much more complicated (and potentially unfriendly) place to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot worth the effort.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Big Problems with Diversity and Race Relations

Community Relations (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsBethel University holds true to their conservative, Christian, Evangelical core values. The St. Paul campus is beautiful.

ConsThe culture of the administrators and faculty is catered to Whites. Bethel has an office of diversity matters only to appease the minorities they attract through job solicitation. Once there, support and connections are limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sincere in your engagement and stop using the legal system and $$$$ to shove the problem under the carpet. You are not ready for true diversity or accepting differences. Get rid of Vincent Peters.

Great Place to Work

ConsLow Compensation
    Not Much Room For Career Growth

Great place to work!

Recruiter (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsThe community is unbeatable - working at Bethel has provided me with a sense of belonging and life-long friendships. Working in an institution where Christian beliefs are incorporated into higher education has been beneficial to me on many levels.

ConsIn comparison to other academic institutions, the salary is much lower.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have enjoyed working here!

Worked for Bethel University? Contribute to the Community!