Bethesda Memorial Hospital

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Roger Kirk

Great staff and working experience for new RN

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Boynton Beach, FL

ProsI received great training for my first RN position. The charge nurses and fellow nurses were extremely helpful. Best first experience I could have hoped for out of school.

ConsIt's a not for profit hospital so resources, equipment and basic supply items are sometimes in short supply, broken or out dated.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better your reasons when making major changes. Your staff's moral is often low and we are made to feel obsolete.

Poor management and leadership

Non-Clinical Role (Former Employee)

ProsOn site day care, covered parking coverage, decent benefits.

ConsThe lack of training for management and director levels is scary. Very reactive company that works super lean regardless of employee satisfaction and patient happiness (ie layoffs, mandatory pto, supply freezes, high turnover). This is a place where people in admin. can barely use a computer or know how to read a report. The worse part was those in management that are suppose to "lead by example" were not following the policies and procedures in place. Unless you a RN you will not be treated fairly or have someone put their neck out for you. Extremely poor pay, lack of development and growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementTRAINING!!! Human Resources needs to be a better tool to the organization and to get rid of the bad talent within the organization. Stop working with a skeleton crew and expecting to get great or even good results. If you want better results overall, create a better and efficent team of employees otherwise you get just okay.

like working at a sweat shop

Chef (Former Employee) Boynton Beach, FL

Prosyou get to go home after work

ConsFood Service Manager and Director have no clue as to what is going on. Dietary Supervisors have no Food Service experience at ALL............................

Advice to Senior ManagementCome out your office and work..

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I had a great experience working at Bethesda

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBethesda has, a Family atmosphere, leadership development, and is community oriented.

ConsNot enough advancement opportunities for non nurses

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a career advancement program for non nurses

Registered Nurse

ProsThe schedule is flexible most times. Most employees are friendly and will to assist you when needed.

ConsToo much favoritism, management under educate, doesn't care for staff, poor pay and benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to staff more

Nurses are easily replaceable

RN/ANM (Current Employee) Lake Worth, FL

ProsFriendly staff. Small Community Hospital.

ConsSalary for nurses are terrible and not competitive. Nurses have no voice. Uniform colors. Overtime is discouraged. Hospital is losing money and being bought out by Baptist Health.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your nursing staff, the heart of your hospital

Unit Coordinator

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosyou are off 3 days back to back and you create your own schedule

ConsThe pay is very low

You get to meet people from all cultures, and walks of life

Supervisor Environmental Services (Current Employee) Boynton Beach, FL

ProsThere is a family type atmosphere working at Bethesda

ConsYou will see a lot of sorrow in some of the patients

Decent Hospital

Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay was reasonable
    Good benefit package with dental and especially dental. You could get full treatment of braces for about $1300 out of pocket.

ConsManagement is usually the downfall of many organizations. There was some favoritism and some managers outright did not like me but it was not enough to bother me though.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis isn't to everyone but treat your staff with respect.

Well, they just laid off 60+ employees...

Pca (Current Employee) Boynton Beach, FL

ProsNice environment to work in and employees are nice to work with. We all get along like a family.

ConsWe aren't treated well or valued by HR or upper management, we are simply replaceable and they also take advantage. We get floated or cancelled often and then expected to pick up extra if they need us. We are pawns, they will use you.

Advice to Senior ManagementCARE about employees and also INVOLVE yourself with what's going on in the hospital with patient care, policies, procedures, etcetera.

Worked for Bethesda Memorial Hospital? Contribute to the Community!