Better Business Bureaus

Be The First To
Add Photos

Stephen A. (Steve) Cox

Business Relations (sales)

Business Relations (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsHours are great , CEO is wonderful, family type feel, high commission rate

ConsThe sales department is a revolving door. They promise 50k+ in your first year- expect 30-35 if that. Very little training so you better be ready to figure it out on your own. Here is a phone, good luck!

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should try to help the salespeople succeed, other than providing a computer. A little support would go a long way.

Unprofessional upper management

Austin, TX

ProsNice co-workers, free coffee & sometimes food

ConsMicro management, high turnover. I worked here for less then 2 months and I was the 7th person to leave in my department. Instead of investing in their current employees they just hire new ones so you know your time there is limited which creates a stressfull and uncomfortable situation. I had just started working there and they had fired someone and I had to sit in my cube and watch them pack her up and escort her out of the building. Very uncomfortable.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more into your current employees. Don't compare them and expect them to bring in sales at the same rate as people who have been there for 8 years.

Not The Place To Hang Your Boots On The Wall

Busimess Relations (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsOffice Flexibility- 100yr recognizable Brand-great for Resume

ConsOffice is full of Silos- Company Culture is ancient and depressing due to wages it pays- Management isn't interested in changing- New hired management is only interested in bottom line #- and this is supposed to be a non-profit- They continue to try and make the Business Relations position a telemarketing position- Operations and Sales don't mesh well, which causes issues within departments. Takes operations 2 Months to approve business submitted for commission- NO HR DEPARTMENT

Advice to Senior ManagementElect Team leaders- Boost office morale with merit system- Hold managers accountable for statements made and positions held- HIRE AN HR DEPARTMENT FOR THE EMPLOYEES SAFETY AND FOR THE EMPLOYEE TO HAVE A VOICE-

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Relations Backfire

Business Relations Representative (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsCool coworkers. Great benefits. Flex-schedule. No OT.

ConsScript. Old leads. Training not sufficient.

Advice to Senior ManagementWrite-ups and cutting wages will not motivate...it will create turnover and low morale. Three new employees start and are all gone after a month? Something's not right, don't you think?

Great culture and mission, but not a good job.

Business Development Representative (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsGreat people and culture

ConsLow pay, high expectations,

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your business model to fit in with the times

Outdated

Marketing/Charity Analyst (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGood idea overall for a company

ConsOutdated and too much national bureaucracy to adapt to changing market

Advice to Senior ManagementMake an app. Connect to social media sources. Make it more convenient to review companies

Great Company

Marketing Analytics (Current Employee)
    Grand Rapids, MI

ProsLove being in a tight knit environment

ConsThe work is mostly volunteer work, but it is still satisfying.

Don't think for one minute that this is a good opportunity.

Fort Wayne, IN

ProsYou feel great about yourself at first, because your helping your community become stronger thru its small business owners.

ConsSharkTank. In one word, that is how the sales rooms are run. To make it more colorful, it's a straight telemarketing job. Owners who have seen the 20/20 episodes, will SCREAM at you, that you work for a conartist, and to quit your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you know what your staff is doing, and who they are selling accredidations to. There are tons of N. IN members who are unlicensed contractors, have never paid taxes, etc... and these are all things that the 'investigation' team is supposed to make sure doesn't happen, but hey, no new members, no paychecks...so they just shove them thru.

Nice people

Business Development Representative (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsIt was very good training

ConsIt was a challenge to sell the product

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove BBB's reputation

Very hard..... made up income all hype..no facts .. false info for income

Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGreat sells team... very nice people they hire thinking they just found a good paying job then they find out how it works...

ConsNever make the money they say.never get very many co.accreditation .make more co.upset than happy . always have to call and tell them they need to change something . they hate you before they get approved ..they just want the calls to stop. or they already been called a 100 times and want to be put on the do not call list. I think over all it can be real good for some co. and good for the consumer ..But as far as making a living in business relation very very very hard.. Most jobs never get approved ...if you want to make about 22,000.00 high side 36,000.,,, this is the job for you . if yo are the sol income I would tell don't do it . if you just need extra family income great job ....cannot plan on your check ever as far as what it should or will be you need to sell at least 25 to 30 a month and hope you get 20 done and paid on... the month ave. is 13 clear maybe 10....very misleading

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed real leads not ones you use over and over .....the companies are sick of the calls

Worked for Better Business Bureaus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Better Business Bureaus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Better Business Bureaus CEO Stephen A. (Steve) Cox. All 39 reviews posted anonymously by Better Business Bureaus employees.