Betts Recruiting

Updated December 15, 2014
Updated December 15, 2014
4.7

CAROLYN BETTS

Great place to grow your career, unbelievable exposure to a booming industry

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Betts Recruiting full-time

Pros

Great culture- like-minded people, company hosted events, collaborative team who root for each other to succeed
    Exposure to top sales and marketing candidates and hiring managers
    Everyone has a voice, and can be a part of changes within the company
    Opportunity to make really good money, and be promoted quickly
    Support system, management and company infrastructure, is solid
    Start Up Stuff!- Food, beer, wine, ping pong in the office
    Offices around the country/world!
    Training, both internal and external, is held regularly

Cons

Long hours- if you don't want to work longer than 9-5, this probably is not the right place. People work long, and they pride themselves on their work ethic.
    A lot of change- If this makes you uncomfortable this (or any start up for that matter) is probably not for you. Changes happen quick because they have to

Keep listening to your people! It is working, and will be the reason this company continues to be successful!

Betts Recruiting Response

Dec 29, 2014CEO

Thank you for your review. I'm happy you're enjoying being a part of our growing company!

Carolyn Betts

Truly a wonderful company to work for

I have been working at Betts Recruiting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great culture
    The employees consider each other friends and not just co-workers
    Room for growth
    Supportive team
    Dedicated managers
    Exciting work
    It's clear how you're contributing to the company's success

Cons

Don't expect to not work hard at Betts. People are passionate about their jobs which then lends to there not always being a work-life balance.
    Company is expanding quickly and naturally with that comes growing pains.

Amazing work environment

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Betts Recruiting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The culture is amazing - very high energy and collaborative. It is very fast-paced, which can be difficult at times, but your manager and coworkers are always there to help. There is also huge room for personal growth. If you want to transition to different roles within the company, you can do so very easily. I have nothing but positive things to say about Betts.

Cons

Heavy work load at times

Only wish I would have landed here sooner...

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Betts Recruiting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

--Working with incredible people. Everyone works really hard but knows when it's time to turn it off and have fun.
    --If you have an idea you can approach anyone (even the CEO) and present it.
    --Endless opportunity for growth. If you work hard it'll definitely pay off. I was only with the company a year and had the opportunity to be one of the first people to open the European Headquarters.
    --Incredible office (all the bells and whistles of your typical startup-- ping pong tables, shuffle board, bar, etc.) and so many fun perks (President's Club trips for top performers to Mexico, company wide wine tasting to Sonoma, Tahoe team bonding, spiffs for trips to Vegas, box seats at Giants' and 49ers' games, the list goes on.
    --Opportunity to build your network. Constant happy hours, meetings with CEO's, VP's, etc.
    --Amazing support system. No one wants you to fail. Everyone is always willing to help.

Cons

--This isn't somewhere you come to ride the wave and just coast. It can be a tough job at times. You have to be willing to put in the time if you want to be successful. Take occasional calls outside work hours, meet candidates after hours, etc.

Keep doing what you're doing. As the company grows and scales into new markets it will be difficult to carry on the culture and values, do whatever it takes to do so because that's what makes this place really special.

Great culture with opportunities for tremendous growth

I have been working at Betts Recruiting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Betts is a true startup, that works with some truly innovative companies. The culture at Betts is healthy and our approach to recruiting is refreshing given the general reputation of recruiters.

Cons

With our level of growth there have been many pains. Some have been addressed, but others have been neglected. Focus a bit more on structure and help define roles more clearly.

Don't lose sight of the company's vision and keep focusing on culture/employee development.

The BEST

I have been working at Betts Recruiting full-time

Pros

Opportunity to quickly build a personal network in the VC and startup community, great training programs, lots of happy hours, unlimited vacation, fun performance-base contests

Cons

The NYC office is a startup, so things change often and people have to wear multiple hats within the team

Keep hiring awesome people!

I Wake Up HAPPY To Go To Work!!!

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Betts Recruiting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is the best team I have ever worked for. Everyone is smart, energetic and extremely motivated. We work as a team and everyone is always willing to answer questions or help with any problems. The company and team leadership is outstanding! The best part about working for BRNY is I actually wake up excited to go to work. You never stop growing, you never stop learning and more importantly there's a huge opportunity to be successful!

Cons

There are no cons to BRNY

Just what I was looking for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Betts Recruiting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A great startup culture where you are recognized for great work, and where you are held accountable for poor performance. If you are looking for an opportunity to be challenged, work hard and feel like you are contributing, this is a great opportunity. Don't come by if you are looking to skate under the radar.

Cons

It can be challenging for somebody coming from a large organization, there is little structure in a startup environment. Some people find this difficult or frustrating, but if you are a motivated individual, you will be just fine.

Keep hiring great people and opening new office locations!

THE best culture and career!

I have been working at Betts Recruiting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's amazing to work for a company where everyone truly does have their candidates' best interests at heart. It's easy to love my job when I know that my placed candidates now love theirs! The team culture is close-knit and fun, I'm compensated AND celebrated for my accomplishments, and we're all passionate about what we do.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to find work-life balance because you're running at a million miles per hour. However, work-life balance is ENCOURAGED so there is no sense of guilt when you finally find time for pilates.

A hard-working team with huge growth opportunity

I have been working at Betts Recruiting full-time

Pros

Personal growth
    Promotion opportunities: there are tons of ways to move into a new role after success
    Great time-off policies
    Understanding management
    Fun, young culture

Cons

Young team -- most employees have little relevant experience coming into the role
    It's a start up so policies are constantly changing

Keep up the great work -- and be more hands on with new recruiters