Betts Recruiting Reviews

CAROLYN BETTS

1. awesome

Current Employee - The Best Kind in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - The Best Kind in San Francisco, CA

Pros

great work environment, people rule, laugh so hard every day, phone conversations are great, we're all like a family

Cons

impending awesome - growth to come, especially remote offices, internal processes, all of what one would expect from a growing company

Advice to Management

stay classy, keep the culture, make sure new, growing offices maintain the vibe, replicate existing greatness

2. Great place to break into the recruiting world

Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Betts Recruiting (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, very supportive team, fantastic client list, lots of support from management

Cons

Nature of the business is stressful because its very sales driven and when you're dealing with people and new jobs, there is an emotional element that makes it unpredictable so it can be a hard environment but management does the best that they can to be supportive and help you close deals and build a robust pipeline.

3. A Breath of Fresh Air

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Most everyone in the office genuinely loves to come to work everyday. It is a very collaborative environment and everyone works in a solution oriented manner. We are growing like crazy and our brand gets stronger by the day. A few things you can be sure to expect from Betts Recruiting: -Professional growth -Warm collaborative culture -Lots of hands on training -A chance to be entrepreneurial -A true meritocracy

Cons

There are draw backs to every job, but I would say the cons at Betts are minimal. This is a company where you will need to put in work on the front end to be fruitful. Imagine building your own company within a company with all the resources you need to be successful- that is Betts. To me that is a huge plus, but it is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep giving people opportunity for growth. Continue to keep employee satisfaction high, as we are only as strong as our people. This will be increasingly important as we continue to grow.

5. Truly a wonderful company to work for

I have been working at Betts Recruiting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture The employees consider each other friends and not just co-workers Room for growth Supportive team Dedicated managers Exciting work It's clear how you're contributing to the company's success

Cons

Don't expect to not work hard at Betts. People are passionate about their jobs which then lends to there not always being a work-life balance. Company is expanding quickly and naturally with that comes growing pains.

6. Amazing work environment

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Betts Recruiting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is amazing - very high energy and collaborative. It is very fast-paced, which can be difficult at times, but your manager and coworkers are always there to help. There is also huge room for personal growth. If you want to transition to different roles within the company, you can do so very easily. I have nothing but positive things to say about Betts.

Cons

Heavy work load at times

7. Only wish I would have landed here sooner...

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Betts Recruiting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

--Working with incredible people. Everyone works really hard but knows when it's time to turn it off and have fun. --If you have an idea you can approach anyone (even the CEO) and present it. --Endless opportunity for growth. If you work hard it'll definitely pay off. I was only with the company a year and had the opportunity to be one of the first people to open the European Headquarters. --Incredible office (all the bells and whistles of your typical startup-- ping pong tables, shuffle board, bar, etc.) and so many fun perks (President's Club trips for top performers to Mexico, company wide wine tasting to Sonoma, Tahoe team bonding, spiffs for trips to Vegas, box seats at Giants' and 49ers' games, the list goes on. --Opportunity to build your network. Constant happy hours, meetings with CEO's, VP's, etc. --Amazing support system. No one wants you to fail. Everyone is always willing to help.

Cons

--This isn't somewhere you come to ride the wave and just coast. It can be a tough job at times. You have to be willing to put in the time if you want to be successful. Take occasional calls outside work hours, meet candidates after hours, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. As the company grows and scales into new markets it will be difficult to carry on the culture and values, do whatever it takes to do so because that's what makes this place really special.

8. Great culture with opportunities for tremendous growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Betts Recruiting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Betts is a true startup, that works with some truly innovative companies. The culture at Betts is healthy and our approach to recruiting is refreshing given the general reputation of recruiters.

Cons

With our level of growth there have been many pains. Some have been addressed, but others have been neglected. Focus a bit more on structure and help define roles more clearly.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of the company's vision and keep focusing on culture/employee development.

9. A hard-working team with huge growth opportunity

I have been working at Betts Recruiting full-time

Pros

Personal growth Promotion opportunities: there are tons of ways to move into a new role after success Great time-off policies Understanding management Fun, young culture

Cons

Young team -- most employees have little relevant experience coming into the role It's a start up so policies are constantly changing

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work -- and be more hands on with new recruiters

10. "Finally Found the Right Job"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Betts Recruiting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at several best places to work in the Bay Area, and this one beats them all. BR is a small company, so there is room to grow if you want to stay at a company for a long time. Your coworkers and supportive and will help you through anything that you need. Management listens, and has even created training programs that weren't previously in place in response to employees.

Cons

It's a sales job, so it has its ups and downs If you're looking for a lot of hand-holding, this job is not for you if you want a job where you can surf the internet all day, and want to fly under the radar, this job is not for you

Advice to Management

Continue to hire good people who are smart and motivated

Most of these reviews are fake, as employees are asked to do them

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Betts Recruiting full-time

Pros

Some kind people Young culture Lots of Social Events

Cons

Long work hours Extremely unprofessional behavior by a boss (getting drunk and falling down at happy hours, mixing personal life (dating) with the office, screaming at people in front of others) No HR department means drinking before noon? Lots of people pitted against each other, or people being shunned by large groups People who are liked get rewarded more than people who work hard

Advice to Management

Pick people to be employees, not your friends.

RSS Feed </> Embed