Beverly Hospital (Beverly)

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great Company

Registered Nurse PRN (Current Employee) Beverly, MA

ProsContinuing education opportunities. Extensive training.

ConsNo Cons, Great community hospital

It's like going back to high school

OR Assistant (Former Employee) Beverly, MA

ProsUpper management was friendly and knowledgeable. The one day orientation was informative but won't cover many things you'll need to know. Keep your fingers crossed that a direct supervisor will answer any further questions.

ConsA large population of the nurses in my department would joke offensively in front of patients who were waking up from general anesthesia. They would belittle each other & any employee in a lower position . I heard nurses call coworkers inappropriate things (really offensive things that this site won't let me post but let's just say they questioned their intelligence). It's truly sad because most staff wants the workplace to be team oriented one but it's hard when a few bad apples spoil it.

Could Have Been Worse

Access Representative (Former Employee) Beverly, MA

ProsStarting Pay is better than most entry-level positions. The shift differential is also generous.

ConsHealth insurance premiums are far too high, especially considering that this is a hospital. Lack of growth opportunities. Management could use some leadership seminars. There is a consistent inability to properly communicate with employees. Scheduling also seemed to be problematic. An odd system of requesting time off. It had to be done over a month in advance, in my department anyway. The patient population can range anywhere from pleasant to some of the most miserable human-beings that you will ever meet. Unfortunately the negative patient populous heavily outweighs the positive. They slowly eat away at you, and leave you callous and lacking empathy. Management does not pay enough attention to their employees to watch for such burn out.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some leadership seminars, or even management 101. The basic responsibilities of a manager are often overlooked or done poorly. Pay attention to your employees, and watch for burn out. Burned out staff leads to bad patient care and service. Which leads to bad Press Ganeys which is all you care about anyway.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Experience at Beverly

Registered Nurse PRN (Former Employee) Beverly, MA

ProsGreat working environment, good pay

Consworkplace drama between employees got a bit much

Pro=Patients...Con=Management

Clinical Associate (Former Employee) Beverly, MA

ProsThere are a few pros in working at this facility: First, the hospital is close to home; second, working with patients was very rewarding and fulfilling job. Knowing that I was making a difference in making someone's day a little brighter brought me much joy.

ConsThere are also cons to working here: First, higher level management does not care for your wellbeing, and is very rude; second, the clinical staff always formed cliques, which was discouraging at times, especially when I was newly hired.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your employees you care. I was at this place for over 5 years and although I was recognized in my community for my compassion, this company never showed appreciation for myself or my co-workers.

The people there were friendly and helpful to new employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI found that the department gave you plenty of time to learn the skills needed to do your job correctly.

ConsI really did not have any cons. I left because of personal reasons. I would work there again given the chance.

Admin Assistant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible hours good for mothers

ConsWith flexibility comes Rotating weekends and holidays

Beverly hospital is okay

ProsNice staff and area. they are trying to keep ontop of latest medical research

ConsNot the most technolocal hospital I've worked at. Need more staff sometimes

Worked in non-clinical role

Pros- exposure to industry experience
     - decent PTO plan

Cons- lack of fair yearly review compensation system
     - mgmt does not listen to employees
     - CASS system
     - Very "old school autocratic" mgmt style
     - not very flexible for work hours
     - no opportunity for career advancement
     - low job satisfaction culture
     - many unfriendly co-workers
     - 0 training
     - lack of experience/training for mgrs

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees to foster a much better positive working environment

Worked for Beverly Hospital (Beverly)? Contribute to the Community!