Bexar County

www.co.bexar.tx.us

Bexar County Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

The focus, agreeable to or not, is always directed at our work product--Kids and their Family.

Probation Officer (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsSecurity,Excellent Magagement, Excellent Benefits, Supportive & Team Driven

ConsAverage to Below Average Pay

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove pay scale

Frustrating workplace

ProsRetirement pension with a fixed growth rate of 7%

ConsSevere understaffing, complacency, lack of communication

Advice to Senior ManagementWorker morale wouldn't be so low and turnover wouldn't be so high if sections were adequately staffed

Experience was worthy, but lacked employee satisfaction.

Criminal Court Clerk (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsOpportunities, Benefits, and also the Experience that is gained.

ConsMicro-managing, lowest paying County in Texas, difficult work environment

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's important to allow employees to feel they are appreciated. There is no need for micro-managing, or enforcing rules that make employees feel claustrophobic.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very little pay for doing one of the dirtiest jobs in the city

Autopsy Technician (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

Prosgood county benefits, set schedule, always leave work at set time

Consvery low pay, poor management, the lower job titles do more physical and mental work but are paid less.

Advice to Senior ManagementHuge salary increase, bigger staff and more days off.

Good benefits but no appreciation for education or respect for experience.

ProsGood benefits; reasonable work schedule.

ConsHighly politicized environment, from the top all the way down to the very lowest employees;

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, particularly when they have a certain expertise or training in a field, and learn to respect employees' experience, education and licensing over employees who glad-handle you, tell you what you want to hear, and acquiesce to whatever you want, even if it is unethical.

Very corrupt and stressful if you value professionalism.

Professional (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsIt's a paycheck, not a large one, but a paycheck.

ConsCorruption and nepotism are the norm. It doesn't matter how competent or hardworking you are, what matters is if you are willing to do your own work and the work of those who are incompetent and lazy but kiss up to the bosses. Very political in the worst way.
    They do have some hardworking professionals, but not too many.
    Also, job security is shaky. Many jobs are contingent on the elections. If you work for a judge who is not reelected you probably lose your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention. Figure out who does the work in your department and who is dead weight. Look at things from a rational, professional viewpoint. This is not your personal, private company, it's a government entity funded by taxpayers. Don't treat taxpayers money like your personal slush fund.

I liked my job but hated the micromanagement above my boss

Attorney (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsWork-life balance, some people were nice to work with

ConsMy department was micromanaged by another department that didn't understand what my department did. That made it very difficult to get things done sometimes.

Good job, but be prepared for LARGE government

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsPeople are nice and helpful. The salary is competitive.

ConsThey are often more concerned with hiring someone who looks like they fit rather than someone who may actually fit.

Great place to work while attending college.

Office Assistant (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsPension, health care coverage, job security under civil service.

ConsA lot of managers are from the "good ol' boy system". Overrun w/ unqualified managers and supervisors.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to stop the coruption and back door deals. Stop wasting tax payer money on useless projects and hire/promote people/employees who care about the tax payer and getting the most out of there money.

Great place for a JOB not a CAREER

Pretrial (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsTons of room for lateral shifts throughout the organization.

ConsNepotism, nepotism, nepotism. People are constantly placed in positions they do not qualify for.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider your employees to be human capital.

Worked for Bexar County? Contribute to the Community!