Beyond.com

Add Photos

Beyond.com President and CEO Richard P. Milgram

Richard P. Milgram

Company that cares

ProsThe people at Beyond care deeply about each other, and are passionate about connecting job seekers with employers. Ultimately, this makes the difference. The company has a start-up mentality, but has been around for over a decade -- consistently evolving in the highly competitive career space to continue to grow and stay relevant.

ConsNot the right environment for someone who requires a strict, stable process.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are a lot of great ideas throughout the company--empower employees to bring some of them alive.

Best professional experience of my career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has a very flat structure, is incredibly agile, and has team-building events that are enjoyable and well-thought-out. Combine that with a low-stress, casual-dress work environment, great people, and emerging technology, and you've got a company that is more like a family than a business.

ConsBecause of how flat the company is, there's not a lot of upward opportunity within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Laying people off and firing those who try.

Sales (Former Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsInsurance, great bunch of people.

ConsUnstable company. No values, compensation is very low. They do not treat their people well. Revolving door.

Advice to Senior Managementnot worth mentioning as they have no idea how unhappy and frustrated everyone is.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unorganized Circus

MM- (Former Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsSnacks are provided. Don't have to dress up in a suit or business attire.

ConsManagement from the top down has no concept of how to lead. Unrealistic goals in place because no one is willing to try a product that is unheard of in the industry. Spend more money on branding rather than bringing people in to dial aimlessly for 8 hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a better compensation plan in place and treat your employees better. You may start to see the turnover rate decrease!

Friendly employees, innovative senior staff.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStartup-like environment, lots of fun social events and competitions.

ConsHorizontal growth, possible stagnant outlook for 2014.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Great company with family-oriented atmosphere and constant focus on the industry and emerging technology.

King of Prussia, PA

ProsThe people and overall work atmosphere are first class. You won't find a more positive or rewarding workplace environment.

ConsNot always being 100% confident of the company's future, executive plans, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work on developing current employees to strengthen both the company's foundation as well as it's future.

Good Company, Great Team, Old School Thinking

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsBeyond is family friendly, the staff is very friendly and the environment in the office is great.

Base compensation and bonus plan are decent in sales role.

ConsEverything is very manual. Contracts, data retrieval, even products like resume search for the clients isn't close to what competition has to offer.

Benefits - if it is for single employee they are great, for a family they are expensive!

Commission percentage and pay out is lacking. In entry level sales max comp is $60k, in middle level sales max comp is $100k (both these are very hard to obtain).

Advice to Senior ManagementAfter exceeding goal and working in your current position for a year there are advancement opportunities.

Great place to Work

ProsEveryone works together to better your skills and help grow the company

ConsCan use more company outings or get together to help get to know everyone in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Awful company don't work there esp if you are in sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsZero that's right they cant keep with the big dogs

ConsManagement has no clue how to run the company. Everyone is given a cushy title yet they have to clue about the industry. They don't advertise at all... when you are going up against CareerBuilder.com, Monster.com, etc it might be a good idea to shell out a few bucks.

Advice to Senior ManagementBusiness 101 ... you have to spend money to make money ...

Great People, but need more of them to reduce workload

Tech Developer (Former Employee)
    King of Prussia, PA

ProsThe people at Beyond are its best asset. Everyone is friendly, very knowledgeable in their field and fun to work with.

The casual environment was also a plus for me. It was nice having some flexibility on the hours and ability to work from home when needed.

For me, the financial compensation was great, but I am not sure if that is true for all of my co-workers.

ConsThe largest Con is the workload due to lack of tech employees. The company was great at hiring more sales and marketing people, but having more of them just increases the work for tech and there were not enough tech employees to support them all.

Another problem was the lack of hierarchy. It was often possible for the CEO of the company to change a tech developer's priorities. Trying manage tasks from company executives and your own manager, plus cross-department support for co-workers was really tough.

Lastly, the Insurance Benefits for family were just too costly. Private healthcare turned out to be much cheaper for about the same coverage.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more tech employees! Most tech people like time for personal development and to not always have to take short cuts to meet deadlines. When I left, there was way too much work load on the tech team.

Worked for Beyond.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Beyond.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Beyond.com CEO Richard P. Milgram. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by Beyond.com employees.