BeyondTrust

Updated August 20, 2014
Updated August 20, 2014
3.1

Kevin Hickey

Great work life balance, benefits, and overall the company cares about their employee's

I have been working at BeyondTrust full-time

Pros

The atmosphere around the office is an overall pleasant environment. The company offers a great benefit package, generous time off (that can actually be taken) , and the company makes every effort to satisfy their employee's. They provide snacks, soda, coffee, etc! The executive team communicates well with the staff so every understands the long term goals of what the company is working to achieve.

Cons

They could do a better job of training across departments to help the departments work better as a team.

Proud to say I am an employee of BeyondTrust!!

I have been working at BeyondTrust full-time

Pros

Benefits are incredible, and the work environment is very relaxed. Our products are amazing and getting better all the time. We have fantastic perks, such as covered parking, free snacks, coffee and soda. It is very much like working with family! Our leadership team is approachable and responsive, and they have bright plans for the future of BeyondTrust!

Cons

As with many companies, there are always opportunities to improve. In certain job functions, training has been a little thin, however this is currently a main focus of our leadership team, and I have no doubt that the enhanced training program will yield amazing results.

Communication is key to success, from entry level to CEO. If you listen to and respect all of your employees, morale will be exceptional and happy employees = successful company!

New Management Team = Tremendously Improved Company

I have been working at BeyondTrust full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is in a technology area (information security) that is growing a great deal, and their products have improved a lot. The new management team treats the employees with respect and provides much needed positive leadership, and the company really seems to be hitting its stride in terms of technology and sales growth.

Cons

Its a pretty fast-paced environment which doesn't work for everyone, but for those who thrive on a high level of activity, its a great place to work.

Keep focusing on improving the work environment and employee reward mechanisms. There has been much progress in these areas since the new management team took over; always room for more!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Just glad to get out of there alive

I worked at BeyondTrust full-time for less than a year

Pros

Helped me realize what I don't want in a company

Cons

Too many cons to name

8 years employment at BeyondTrust

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Agoura Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Agoura Hills, CA

I worked at BeyondTrust full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Nice, knowledgeable coworkers. Flagship product, PowerBroker Servers, is a money maker. Great product, works very well. Great customer base. Good compensations package.

Cons

Owned by an Investment Group. In my opinion, upper management is ham-strung as profit seems to be the driver for business direction. As a result, layoffs of irreplaceable talent happened.

Stop cutting jobs. Set a business direction, and stick with it.

Decent place to work

I worked at BeyondTrust full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice intelligent co-workers; ability to work from home when necessary via VPN, etc.
    Decent pay, usual benefits, free Keurig coffee and tea.

Cons

No matter how you squint your eyes, it is still obviously a venture capital driven company; lay-offs happen without warning even when the company meets their profit goal if it's deemed not enough.

Treat your employees with more respect, especially those who have been with the company for a long time. If you get rid of all people who know a particular product, you cannot expect that product to continue successfully. Take a more long-term look at the company rather than looking at short-term goals, especially if you are remaining profitable.

Run. Don't look back.

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at BeyondTrust full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hire (and then fire) great people. Decent technology--good market opportunity.

Cons

Upper management (CEO and associated cronies) are horrifyingly bad at what they do. Unclear why people keep giving him money to buy more broken companies--he hasn't fixed any yet. The plan seems to be acquire enough zombie companies to spin a story about scale and breadth of offerings, then turn around and sell.

They then hire smart people, ask them what to do with the whole mess, and when the answers don't match the CEOs previously concocted (and unsupported) ideas, fire them. The revolving door is embittering to anyone who survives yet another round of layoffs.

Communication is sporadic, and awful when it happens: often condescending and hopelessly confused.

Go away. Bring in a competent management team (emphasis: team) to organize and execute in a sane way.

Great company despite upper management

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Agoura Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Agoura Hills, CA

I worked at BeyondTrust full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good technology and ethics, great employees and fair benefits, there is a feeling of being welcomed and you are surrounded by people with great knowledge

Cons

upper management need to go, specially John

Please leave. Invest on employees rather than laying them off; stop purchasing other companies and invest on the ones already under the beyondtrust label

Management does not place a high value on quality people, products, or customers.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at BeyondTrust

Pros

Decent salary, health plan, and matching 401k program, okay working environment near lots of restaurants, shops, bus stops, and convenient to the major highways.

Cons

Bland working environment. A lot of process for such a small company. Lots of politics with no risk taking. Company grew through lots of acquisitions leading to a very scattered work force; I find it irritating to have all the people in charge in one city with no contact with the people who make the products.

I was told it was hard finding quality people near the company's headquarters. I think the problem is with the company itself and that high quality people recognize that their talents will be wasted (because consistent low quality is easier to plan for than inconsistent greatness) and that quality products are not of importance to management since another company can always be acquired.

I think communications is a big problem because of the scattered nature of the company. I suggest either the executives move to where the employees are or start hiring from around headquarters. And hiring teams of people in other countries should only be done when the people already on one continent can work well together.

Worked for BeyondTrust? Contribute to the Community!