Biaggi's

Add Photos

Todd Hovenden

easiest job I've ever had

Hostess (Former Employee) Perrysburg, OH

ProsI got along with most of the other servers/hostesses/bartenders
    Good hours
    Scheduling was good, and easy to switch with people (usually)
    As a hostess, very easy work. Get to do homework or read when the front isn't busy.

ConsManagement
    At least for hostesses, no room for any raises in pay.

Not good at all and fast too fire!!!!

Waiter (Current Employee) Champaign, IL

ProsThe food you get when work is over

Consthe pay really sucks and the hours were at the worst time

Way too many bosses.

Food Runner/Host (Former Employee) Champaign, IL

ProsYou get a 50% discount on most of the food served at Biaggis. Besides the bosses the people were great to work with for the most part.

ConsWalk in the door and have up to 7 people managing me for an easy position. Little room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen there is extra food made, try not to take so much joy into throwing it away in front of employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

easy hours, easy work

Prosgood money for not alot of hours, good job if going to school

Consnot alot of moving up

No work/life balance whatsoever!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe staff and the guests. The volume of business constantly keeps you on your toes.

ConsAbsolutely no value in your life outside of work. The will say that this is a priority when you first start with them, but then you will receive lectures form your superiors, proudly stating that they have only been to 1 of their sons soccer matches in the past 3 years. But your family should understand that this is what you have to do to support them.

Advice to Senior ManagementBudget enough in your P&L for each team to be properly supported so they can some sort of quality of life outside of work.

Very Stressful, Micro-managed, and favoritism, TIP OUT IS HORRIBLE!

Server (Current Employee) West Des Moines, IA

ProsGood rushes.
    Hot schedules.
    Co-Workers are nice.
    Some managers care about you and not their bonus's.

ConsTip Out is 1/4 of all of your tips, even bar if no drinks are ordered. IF you ask for a lower tip out because you got stiffed by customers they wont, so it costs you 4% for the customer to eat.

Stressful during rushes, and they triple seat. Your tip percentage has to be over 18%, which mostly isn't your fault if people are cheap. Managers just want their bonuses, so BEWARE that you can be fired for low percentages. They almost make you dry clean your clothes which can be about 2.50$ a day. Lunch shifts the tips are low, you wont large tables or wine rooms. They have favorites, and it's not a fun place to work. Everything is about standards and not having fun with the guests and its way too CORPORATE.

The captains will always be the captains, and they lesser guy just gets screwed.
    This is my opinion but go somewhere that cares about and not about the corp. giant.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk servers what they want, they will tell you. Servers are the heart of a resturant if you don't make them happy, then they wont be and they will quit like me.

Great company to work for.

Chef (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsNo micro managing, let you run it like its your own, yearly trips for GM & Chef, great food.

ConsI have no cons for this company

Management is a complete joke

Line Cook (Current Employee) Victor, NY

ProsCo-workers, hotschedules makes switching shifts easy.

ConsManagers care only about themselves and their quarterly bonuses, employees have little to no ability to move up in the business. Managers at Biaggi's do not care about their employees concerns and issues what so ever. When sit-downs are scheduled, an employee will express their problem and the managers will go off on a tangent about something semi related and then end the meeting while you feel confused and frustrated.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit.

Set up for success through the atmosphere, but management policies and the clientele brought in completely ruin it.

Server (Current Employee) Deer Park, IL

Pros-Medium to High Prices
    -Independent Work
    -Well-off clientele
    -Great Drinks and Menu Items

Cons-Fixed, extremely high tip-out (3.75% even if bussers not present, you seat yourself, etc)
    -No corking fee for wine, so you are out of luck if customer brings bottle in
    -No gratuity, ever (even for parties)
    -Never an adequate amount of glassware on the floor (we run out every night)
    -Over-the-top micromanagement on any given day (even for the best servers there)
    -GM never on the floor, acts as if knows how to run a restaurant but rarely shows potential
    -Under $5 paychecks, consistently
    -Management tells you one thing, but does another
    -Even on a slow day double, YOU WILL BE THERE ALL DAY (managers don't cut well)
    -Under-staffed is a regular issue
    -Dishwasher dry cycle has been broken for years; they won't fix it
    -Will force you to work days you've always had off
    -Maximum 50% food discount, employee meals are not made to same level of customer meals

Not the best place to work

Server (Current Employee) Eden Prairie, MN

ProsCo-Workers, scheduling, location, not much else

ConsGeneral Manager, customers, certain employees, no ability to move up within comapny

Advice to Senior ManagementLet GM go

Worked for Biaggi's? Contribute to the Community!