Biffa

Updated Jun 11, 2014

Biffa CEO Ian Wakelin

Ian Wakelin

Exciting

Production Operator (Current Employee)
    Horsham, England (UK)

ProsIts a great company to work for. You get looked after with lots of benefits. Good pay and lots of chances to progress. Good schemes in place to train you up for roles that you would like to work for in the future

ConsLots of housekeeping which can get quite mundane but understand why it is a must.

Poor company to work for with little Appreciation for my 10 years service

Driver ( All Modes) (Former Employee)
    Nottingham, England (UK)

Prospaid for my hgv and trained me in all Vehicle modes fel rel roro's skips hiab atc,
    Goods rates of pay and bonus holidays.

Conshaving now work 4 years at a rivel waste company i see how far behind biffa where, And how badly run biffa was and how they run up a 1 billion pound detp. spending money on routing software's that cause madness for two weeks only to go back to using the old routes,if i think back to the waste going to land was just Criminal over 50% cardboard some days.

Advice to Senior Managementlook after your good driver or they go to a better run waste company FACT

Okay

Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee)
    High Wycombe, England (UK)

ProsNice people in the office
    Good location

ConsSince the company was taken over by green star it has got a lot better apparently.

Advice to Senior Managementmore variety

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Major steps forward

(Current Employee)
    High Wycombe, England (UK)

ProsOpen access to management, flat structure, focussed business, 1st class colleagues, great brand and still a market leader. Generally, people know what's expected of them and the business is now pulling everyone in the right direction. Although large, the business still has a relatively family feel and if you have issues you want to share with Senior Management there is normally someone you can approach. Focus on Health and Safety is a massive plus with CEO and management team totally committed to keeping us safe in our working life.

ConsHas had a difficult time over last few years but coming back strongly, press speculation over future is unsettling

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pressing on with current programme, actively engage the workforce, take a leading role in the industry

Worked for Biffa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Biffa reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Biffa CEO Ian Wakelin. All reviews posted anonymously by Biffa employees.