Big Boy Restaurants

Big Boy Restaurants Reviews

Updated July 26, 2014
Updated July 26, 2014

Keith E. Sirois

Handled particularly irate patrons by diffusing the situation using tact and ensuring recurring business.

Current Employee - Server  in  Middletown, OH
    Current Employee - Server in Middletown, OH

I have been working at Big Boy Restaurants full-time for more than a year

Pros

Results-driven, quick and passionate individual with 2 years’ experience in providing excellent tier-one services to restaurant customers. Well versed in greeting patrons, providing them with menus, taking orders and relaying the same to kitchen. Particularly effective in exceeding customers’ expectations by ensuring professional demeanor and light humor. Proven record of ensuring accuracy and efficiency of orders.

Cons

not having alot of bussiness

The most amazing job I've ever had and love.

Current Employee - Busser  in  West Branch, MI
    Current Employee - Busser in West Branch, MI

I have been working at Big Boy Restaurants part-time for less than a year

Pros

The employees here are so wonderful and treat you like family. Our coworkers and managers will help with any problem you may have. Everyone here helps out one another. Best feeling in the world when your staff has got your back on an issue. We believe in this company and put our hearts into our customers.

Cons

Having a bus roll through is always the most stressful time. Everyone rushes to get prepared making sure the dish room is caught up and on the floor. Rush hours are always the worst time. Having to make sure you have dishes wash to our hungry customers in the busiest time. Getting backed up as a bus boy is always the worst feeling and stressful thing in the world. Another thing I noticed is that when you work. Some days it seems just never ending.

Dishwasher

Former Employee - Dishwasher  in  Grand Haven, MI
    Former Employee - Dishwasher in Grand Haven, MI

I worked at Big Boy Restaurants full-time for more than a year

Pros

Able to listen to music

Cons

During rush hours people don't understand that washing a dish takes time. It a science.

Maybe bring on two dishwashers when you know you will have high demand (breakfast buffet on sunday)

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nothing Special, the people were the only thing that kept me there.

Former Employee - Server  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Big Boy Restaurants part-time for less than a year

Pros

fellow employees worked well together as a team. Not too much supervision.

Cons

no room for growth, short scheduled hours. very stiff management. I worked very hard and was never commended for it.

Good except for the manager that fired me. This actually happened years before 2010.

Former Employee - Waitress  in  Traverse City, MI
    Former Employee - Waitress in Traverse City, MI

I worked at Big Boy Restaurants part-time for more than a year

Pros

No special education required. Hired on the spot because of previous employment with co. in another city. Supposed to be nice environment. Not supposed to be like cocktail waitressing.

Cons

I had a table of drunks come in during the afternoon. It is supposed to be a family envorinment. They were obnoxious and rude and the other customers in my section got up and left. They kept calling me over to the table for more attention over silly things like the amount of ice in their glasses, etc. dirty jokes..... When I muttered "what do they want now" under my breath, far away from their earshot the manager walked up and fired me.

When a group of drunk young men(ages 16 to 20 yo) enters your family environment in the afternoon and clears out your establishment: 1.Do your job-don't be a chicken sh*t- ask them to leave 2. if they won't leave call the police to get them to. 3. NEVER fire a good employee over a bunch of drunks...be supportive of your staff. BTW that Big Boy went out of business and is now a Brewery. Figures

Privatel owned is the way to go

I worked at Big Boy Restaurants

Pros

I have worked for a privately owned and a corporately owned Big Boy. The privately owned Big Boy was great. The Managers were great and the co-workers were fun.

Cons

The corporately owned Big Boy I worked at was awful. The Managers didn't care about the place and the employees did their own thing- they never showed up when they were supposed to or did any thing good.

Great Opportunity Good Company Good Food And Service

Current Employee - Manager  in  Pompano Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Pompano Beach, FL

I have been working at Big Boy Restaurants full-time for more than a year

Pros

Meeting New People Daily Operations

Cons

Not Many Downs Just A Lot Of Hours

Go Back To Old School Prep On Foods Etc.

Great stepping stone that will help you build character and introduce you to the workforce.

Former Employee - Waitress
    Former Employee - Waitress

I worked at Big Boy Restaurants part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people that you work with are a great help and they each know different things. Make sure to spend time getting to know each of them so that you can work off of each others strengths. At the same time you also know who to call when you need help.

Cons

Sometimes you work for long hours (in the middle of the day and into the night) and don't make a lot of tips. You're on your feet constantly, so make sure you wear good shoes!

My supervisor was great and I really appreciated the work ethic he instilled in his team as well.

Working at Bobs

Former Employee - General Manager  in  El Cajon, CA
    Former Employee - General Manager in El Cajon, CA

I worked at Big Boy Restaurants full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The restaurant was beautiful and it started great. It had great parking as well as great employees that cared about their work environment.

Cons

The restaurant due to the poor conditions in the economy specifically in the city of El Cajon ultimately had to close its doors also due to the fact the owner had monetary issues.

Get paid in Cash

Depending on the flow of business this can either be a rewarding job or the worst job ever.

Current Employee - Waitress  in  Madison Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Waitress in Madison Heights, MI

I have been working at Big Boy Restaurants full-time for more than a year

Pros

When the business is booming you make a very good amount in tips.

Cons

Dry periods when there is no business whatsoever. When there is business the tips are terrible. It's not a very steady or reliable source of income.

Have more respect and consideration for your employees. Don't have so many people on the floor that its almost impossible to make any money.

Big Boy Restaurants Photos

big boy

+ Add Photo

Worked for Big Boy Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!