Big Fish Games

www.bigfishgames.com

Big Fish Games Reviews in Oakland, CA

Big Fish Games President & CEO Paul Thelen

Paul Thelen

Pros
  • great work life balance, fun to be part of the shifting game industry(in 8 reviews)

• Friendly employees and causal work environment make it a fun place to work(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • However, I found that there was a consistent hiring of C-level employees(in 3 reviews)

• Salaries offered are below industry average for the game industry(in 3 reviews)

1 Employee Review Back to all reviews

Review for Oakland, CA office (Self Aware Games)

UI Designer (Current Employee) Oakland, CA

ProsI can't speak for the Seattle location but here are my thoughts on the Oakland, CA office (Self Aware Games)-

- Everyone is very intelligent, driven, and very good at what they do
    - A slew of wonderful perks and activities: offsite events, parties, physical therapist, kitchen
    - Versatility in projects (at least in the Art Dept.)...you get to work on what you are really interested in/want to get exposed to
    - GREAT work/life balance. It's a strong value here and that's very rare in gaming and tech
    - People here know how to work hard and have fun doing it...every day is a total joy!
    - Relaxed environment with very reasonable deadlines
    - Wonderful health benefits

Cons- Pay can be lower than average (I took a large pay-cut from previous position but it's been 100% worth it)
    - A big disconnect from the Seattle office (our parent company Big Fish Games)

Advice to Senior Management- Put more focus on internal development of your people: offer external learning opportunities, unique challenges, and promote a stronger culture of open communication and feedback.

Worked for Big Fish Games? Contribute to the Community!