100% of the CEO
I have been working at Big Fish Games full-time for less than a year
Pros – I can't speak for the Seattle location but here are my thoughts on the Oakland, CA office (Self Aware Games)-
- Everyone is very intelligent, driven, and very good at what they do
- A slew of wonderful perks and activities: offsite events, parties, physical therapist, kitchen
- Versatility in projects (at least in the Art Dept.)...you get to work on what you are really interested in/want to get exposed to
- GREAT work/life balance. It's a strong value here and that's very rare in gaming and tech
- People here know how to work hard and have fun doing it...every day is a total joy!
- Relaxed environment with very reasonable deadlines
- Wonderful health benefits
Cons – - Pay can be lower than average (I took a large pay-cut from previous position but it's been 100% worth it)
- A big disconnect from the Seattle office (our parent company Big Fish Games)
Advice to Senior Management – - Put more focus on internal development of your people: offer external learning opportunities, unique challenges, and promote a stronger culture of open communication and feedback.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company
2013-12-11 12:21 PST
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a current/former employer or recent interview experience. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –