Biggby

Add Photos

Bob Fish

Awesome

Shift Leader (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsThe customers are nice, you get tips, and you can have a life outside of work.

ConsNo room for growth after you become a shift leader unless your manager move up to corporate or find another job, also pay don't go up after the one year mark in the position your in. Job is only for high school young adults and people with no career goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive yearly raises and appreciate your hard working employees more often!!

Great place for an outgoing personality!

Store Manager (Former Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsAlways plenty of caffeine! And this is just a fun place to be. I worked at many stores and for several owners, and, if you work for an established store, the tips make up for making minimum wage. :)

ConsCorporate loves to change things CONSTANTLY, so be prepared to keep up. If you have to manage people, it can be difficult, since a lot if people don't take this job seriously.

Down right dirty owners!!!

Shift Leader (Former Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

Pros•co-workers
    •free drink on shift

Cons•EVERYTHING
    •low pay
    •mean cheap owners
    •rude and terrible to employees

Advice to Senior Managementformer bosses inform employees new biggby boss of wrongful hurtful discriminating lies! No communication with owner! it's her way or no way! Owners are vey cheap because of franchise (they pay for everything) DO NOT listen/practice health code standards! HORRIBLY MEAN AND DEGRADING to employees!!! treat us like dirt. Blame us for sales being down but do not take into account they chose a terrible location!! the employees gets blamed for everything that goes wrong in store. EXPECTED to do everything and do it perfect for vey low pay while owner does nothing! constant yelling over money loss, being cheap and cutting cost in wrong places! expected to be assistant manager for 8.15 an hour no benefits!! horrible work, rude owners! overall unfortunate to get hired, save your time! to much crap like your phone blowing up always! buying things for store no reimbursement!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A terrible experience.

Barista (Former Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

ProsThe basic functions of the job seem like fun.

ConsThe management is absolutely horrible. This only applies to the Biggby on State St. although if the company honestly saw fit to promote the hag of a manager, I can't imagine their judgement is good elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to treat your team like people, show some patience, and give instruction, rather than look for a punching bag for your own sad dissatisfaction with your life.

B HAPPY on the outside

Barista (Former Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsGood experience, disciplined first job, fast paced environment, co-workers are nice/helpful depending on location, free drink for each shift, discount items.

ConsManagement is brutal/rude to employees, low pay rate, high stress levels, expectations of perfection is ridiculous, superficial co-workers, expectations in general are above and beyond

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys really need to look at the bigger picture here. Your expectations are superficial and BIGGBY is very far from perfection. Your employees are under paid and you expect them to know every detail about every customer, having a smile on their face 247 and while they're being under appreciated. Open your eyes and listen to your employees, they will WANT to work for you even if it's for 7.40 if you didn't treat them like peasants.

Horrible Management

Barista (Former Employee) Saint Joseph, MI

Prosloved the people I worked with, customers, worked around my schedule

Consmanagement verbally abusive. No oversight of store owners/managers from top management. Abuses left and not dealt with.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease check your stores, talk to the employees one on one. Some of the companies you have out there are being immoral and unethical making it a horribly crippling problem since human capital is the most important thing of business.

okay job, not worth the stress

Shift Leader (Former Employee)

Prostips, can be a fun job sometimes

Consno breaks or lunches, impossible to call in sick, basically had manager-level work without manager-level pay. I made $8.10 an hour as shift leader and regularly was in charge of driving the deposits to the bank, grabbing more milk, whipped cream, etc. from a local store if we ran out, doing the biweekly orders, doing monthly inventory. Owners not appreciative, would not notice you unless you did something wrong. Oh, and had to split tips w/owners when working with them. Seriously?

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize this is a low-end job and adjust your expectations. Not to say expect a crappy work ethic, but to expect perfection is absurd. Also, give your employees breaks! It's the right thing to do, not to mention the legal thing to do as well. Give a compliment to your employees every know and then. It won't cost you anything and the people lining your wallet may actually start to like you.

Biggby Coffee, an o.k. employer.

Shift Leader (Former Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsFun, fast-paced environment. Creative drinks. Friendly co-workers.

ConsManagement is disrespectful and uncoordinated. Not many chances for advancement and low wages.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should keep track of the franchise management more. My specific store-owner was rude and unprofessional on many occasions to myself and other co-workers.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Happy on the outside, dead on the inside

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI first took this on as a summer job, and it was great at first. Then I got promoted, nice to put on resume. that is all.

ConsI thought a 50 cent raise was ok from shift leader to shift leader. Then i was offered an assistant manager position. I got a 15 cent raise. For all the work I have to do, this job is not worth it. I make 8.15/hr to run errands, go to the bank, do ordering, do the schedule. It's a joke. The owner is a great person, but they need to learn how to treat their employees better. Also, have some professionalism.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay is a joke. I could go to starbucks or another big coffee chain and make several dollars more than I make in a lesser position. Franchise owners seem to be unfit to actually run a store. There is a severe lack of professionalism.

A fun and happy place to work

ProsGreat atmosphere, excellent company goals, and great products. A very fun environment and has a set standard for customer service.

ConsStarts at a low rate of pay but there are opportunities to move up and become a shift leader at the store

Worked for Biggby? Contribute to the Community!