BillSoft

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tim Lopatofsky

Great Company to Work For!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsBillSoft has amazing benefits! It provides FULL health, vision and dental plans as well as 401k. When I didn't fully understand 401k, a one-on-one meeting was set up to ensure I understood before registering. On top of these benefits, we have 11 paid holidays, 15 days PTO AND FLEX time! The environment is great and we have a diverse culture! Everyone is hardworking and fun to be around. We have fruit out daily for associates and visitors, as well as pop and Vitamin Water!

ConsThe work load is not overbearing, but you are never bored! We are in two separate buildings that are next to each other- its great on nice days (not so much on the rainy days!)

Run As Fast As You Can

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe only pro I can give is the pay check will cash.

ConsThere are posts that suggest things have changed at BillSoft and Tim has put managers in place. To insulate staff from him. This is not true don’t fall for it. Everything bad that has been published about this company and its owner is true. There is only two employees that have stayed with this company for more than 5 years. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone Tim will never listen to anyone.

Great potential, but not under the owner

Not Disclosed (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsThe software is of better than average quality.

ConsThe owner does not value his people and longevity of career is nearly non-existant

Advice to Senior ManagementThe owner needs to sell and get out of the business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Surprisingly Good Experience

ProsGood pay
    Above-average benefits
      (free employee health insurance, generous PTO, 11 paid holidays)
    Casual workplace
    Friendly employees
    Lenient company policies treat employees like adults

After reading the other reviews of the company, I was a little concerned about working here, but I received an offer and needed the job. I was pleasantly surprised. As long as you do your work correctly and behave appropriately, you have a lot of freedom.

ConsManagement seems distant
    Communication is lacking sometimes
    I worry that there will be some issues arise from the current rapid expansion

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware and cautious of issues that commonly arise with rapid expansion.

Vast improvement in company morale and future growth

ProsOwner has finally recognized that his talent is better served in not managing day to day operations of the firm. His passion and love of the company sometimes comes off as micromanagment. He has surrounded himself with some smart, talented managers that insulate the staff from his "passion"

ConsA few people that were fired (AKA the vocal 10%) have come on here and bashed the company pretty hard. That has lead to a perception that the atmosphere is toxic. While not the best place in the past, it has vastly improved

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep Bill out of the day to day management of the firm. Keep up the good work.

Very difficult environment for growth; would not recommend

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsGood employees, decent benefits, competitive salary.

ConsCEO micro-manager, people cannot voice opinion or bring their experience to this organization. If you've been with large organizations before, forget this one. Don't try to bring your experience here. Be prepared to do things one way, or face repercussions. If you don't mind coming in to work everyday and simply being a glorified secretary to what the owner wants, then give it a try. But if you are looking for a successful career in a fast moving, experienced organization, recommend looking elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees that they know what their doing. Seasoned professionals, but strong bottleneck is executive management. Step out of the way and don't micromanage. Giving direction and mentally abusing your employees are not the same thing. The products and company have potential, but there needs to be a clear direction on where the company is going and how to get there. If employees cannot trust nor look to upper executive management for clear direction, failure is certain.

Trying.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsThe employees of BillSoft were great people who shared a "we're all in this together" camaraderie. They had innovative ideas and worked hard.

ConsUnfortunately, innovation did not appear to be welcomed by management. Nor did work/life balance. The environment was extremely stressful. Benefits were standard. Expectations were constantly in flux, there was no level of security, turnover was extremely high and upper management was, in my opinion, abusive.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop placing people in roles the are neither qualified for nor wish to assume. Extend trust to your management team and step out of the micro-manager role. Treat your employees with fairness and some measure of equality. Stop creating discourse in your ranks. Recognize that your success is the end result of efforts put forth by good, decent and hard working people - and treat them with genuine appreciation and respect.

Fearful and Frustrating

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou will share your misery with plenty of decent people who walked into the same trap you did.
    The paychecks clear.

ConsThe owner lacks a clear vision for the future but the company does continue to make money. Employees were fired semi-regularly for what I felt was an unclear definition of poor performance. It created a general feeling that you could be unemployed at any moment. Low morale. Benefits aren't great but do exist. 2 weeks paid time off for sick days, personal days, vacation, etc. 401k was 50% matching up to 10% of paycheck. You'll want to ask for $10K more than your ideal salary (not your minimum salary) to make working for this company worth your while.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to the owner. Focus on hiring managers you trust to run your company and allow them to make important decisions. The company has great ideas and zero ability to execute under fear of making a mistake that will likely cost them their job.

Worked for BillSoft? Contribute to the Community!