Bills.com Reviews

Bradford Stroh

1. Senior Manager

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Bills.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The team is incredibly talented, they push each other... And everyone works hard on innovation to improve the financial health for American families. Strong in product, design and eng. Great vision and a fun culture.

Cons

The open dev floor can be distracting. Under-resourced and spread thin on the big projects.

Advice to Management

Don't forget what has made you so successful; a great culture, focus on innovation, fun and empathy for clients.

graphic designer

I have been working at Bills.com

Pros

good location and good co-workers

Cons

un-transparent management and company goal

Bills.com Response

Jun 29, 2015 – President

Thanks for the feedback and for your ongoing commitment to the team. We work hard to make our team better with each new member, and good to see the validation that we are adding the right people to ... More

3. Previous review has to be a complete lie

Former Employee - Business Development in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Bills.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free lunch once a month Limited micro management in this company Some good people Decent location

Cons

Middle Management thinks too highly of themselves and act like children openly in the office environment. Some have serious anger issues; some just are very rude too others. Sense of entitlement is very strong and impedes professionalism. Executives turn a blind eye to childish behavior and they justify the office dysfunction. Kitchen was not even stocked with basic things like napkins and cups. I am pretty sure this is silicon valley.

Advice to Management

Take accountability for the culture. Hire people who actually have integrity and can work with others. Stop perpetuating lies for example "We value the heart and $$". I have not met one person in this company that has seen the heart mean anything here.

Bills.com Response

Jul 1, 2015 – President

Thanks for taking the time to submit a review, it's always valuable for us to receive the candid feedback. As a former teammate, you were familiar with the senior leadership structure and the ... More

Bills.com is one of the Best Places to Work in Silicon Valley (for several years running).

Current Employee - Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Bills.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

President and leadership are just terrific and really care about teammates, product, customers and create a good environment. It's a business built around transparency, dis-intermediation, and fundamentally on helping people. The product and culture re-enforce each other in a cool vistuous way.

Cons

My commute is kinda long. I have to multi-task a lot. It's not always perfect, with lots of competing priorities over here.

Advice to Management

Keep the great culture as we scale and grow.

RSS Feed </> Embed