Binary Group Reviews

2.5

Rose Wang

Valued for my skill set

I worked at Binary Group full-time

Pros

When I first came on board at Binary. I had struggled so much in civil service because of the way the system was structured. No matter how much or what quality the work that was done you had to wait for time in grade to get the next promotion. Binary was the first place that I ever really worked that I felt truly valued for my skill set and what I brought to the team. So thank you for creating that.

Cons

I don't have any specific cons

Disastrous.

I have been working at Binary Group full-time

Pros

Can't think of a single one.

Cons

For the last couple of years Binary's sole focus has been on building the business. While this is not necessarily a bad thing, the results for employees has been disastrous. Too many corporate staff have been hired who have brought in little to no new business but have pushed overhead so high that Binary is not competitive. This has resulted in present employees bearing the brunt of no raises and a decrease in benefits. Holidays and PTO have been cut and other benefits have been eliminated while corporate offices were remodeled. Lost holidays were supposedly turned into training days but in reality they have become Binary indoctrination days. This year, length of service awards were instituted. They are a poor substitute for no salary increase and no contribution to our 401K plan. Employees assigned to customer sites receive far more recognition from their customer that they do from Binary. If they expect to keep employees, it is time to start treating employees better.

Put more priority on emplyees.

Small business with great opportunities

I have been working at Binary Group

Pros

Great company. Good collaboration and colleagues willing to help. Company much more focused and willing to invest in team to reach goals. Hardest working leadership team with an open door policy to discuss ideas or concerns.

Cons

The company is taking steps to improve communication with employees that work off site at clients or remotely, using technology to facilitate a better process.

Mentor others to improve their skills so they can take on more responsibilities to help the company grow

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst company I have ever worked for. Toxic. I have witnessed management speak to employees in degrading manner.

I worked at Binary Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Occasionally they land a great client and if you are lucky enough to work at the client site you can forget you work for a company that you are too embarrassed to put on your resume or LinkedIn account.

Cons

Senior leadership is clueless as to what is happening at client sites. They only receive communication from incompetent middle managers that have never done IT consulting and are even more clueless about what teams working at client sites are doing. If you are a true consultant and go into client site with the expectation that you help define their needs and execute deliverables you are "not trusted" by management as their insecurity trumps the need to make the client happy.

Put in place better hiring practices. Too much cronyism and nepotism. When you do get lucky enough to hire someone competent that pleases your client, let them do their job. Let go of David Stephens. He has no clue how to manage this type of company. This is a consulting firm, not a factory. We are people not widgets.

Small company that is still trying to identify and understand its business model

I have been working at Binary Group full-time

Pros

Small, agile, competitive salary, intelligent staff, good client base

Cons

unclear understanding of own business model, leadership is not assertive, lack of direction and guidance, market strategy is muddled and confused, leadership is not invested in its staff, very little support from the company with client issues/resolutions

Understand the goals to be achieved, be direct with both clients and staff, have the courage to recognize and strengthen your weaker teams, stick up for employees, leadership must be more present and accessible, invest in your staff

Absolute clowns

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rosslyn, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

I have been working at Binary Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None, not one. Horrible benefits, mediocre pay and absolutely incompetent executive staff.

How could 20 folks on overhead possibly be bad for a 65 person company... idiots. They surround themselves with 'yes men' who spend more time sucking up than doing anything productive. The non-contributor suck ups are constantly rewarded but hard working pragmatists are passed over and marginalized.

Cons

Unethical, shady, total lack of respect for employees. Woefully incompetent leadership.

Lies to customers and totally overinflates capabilities. Will say and do anything to trick the government into giving them work.

The positive reviews on here are plants that the company has tried to insert to offset the overwhelmingly negative reviews left by real employees.

No loyalty to employees whatsoever. This company has less than two years before it fails.

LIERS

If you are considering working here or contemplating given them work, run away as fast as you can.

Fire David Stevens and hire someone that actually knows what they are doing and get out of their way. Just being 'in charge' does not make you a leader. People are the most important asset and until you learn that you will continue to fail.

High aspirations with poor execution

I have been working at Binary Group

Pros

Hard working colleagues. Approachable management. Flexible work schedule. Entrepreneurial with opportunities for proactive workers to take on new or additional responsibilities and roles.

Cons

Highly disorganized. Little or no use of methodologies. Lacks clear strategic focus. Lack of expertise and knowledge in some areas which they claim proficiency. Poor quality standards. Difficulty following through on initiatives. Inferior adoption / use of technologies. Buzzword happy.

I am happy to work here.

I have been working at Binary Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, flexible hours, friendly co-workers. Overall a great place to work. The company has really gained a sense of direction in the last couple of years, with the management change.

Cons

Money is a bit too important sometimes. Work-life balance could be better. I've heard of people's vacations being canceled because of impending deadlines. Not cool.

Cross train more so that people can take real vacations.

At the beginning it was good and then things went down hill

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at Binary Group

Pros

work life balance with a flexible work schedule

Cons

lack of experience at all management levels, not a good decision making structure, no leadership

hire a good CEO that has vision and experience in building an organization

Salary

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Binary Group

Pros

Small Business with opportunity for company growth. Flexible working hours.

Cons

Executive Leadership has no experience in building a company. The refusal to accept the fact executive leadership does not have the knowledge or experiance.

Find someone who has built a company to $100 and listen to them or put them in charge.

Worked for Binary Group? Contribute to the Community!