Binary Group Reviews

Rose Wang

1. Excellence At Best!

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Binary Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I’m very dismayed by some of the reviews posted for Binary Group. From my perspective, they have completely misrepresented Binary.

I came to Binary with a 10+ year background in outside B2B sales. Binary took a big risk hiring me, because I did not have any knowledge or experience in Government sales. They believed in me because of my drive and proven track record in sales. The company provided excellent training and coaching to rapidly bring me up-to-speed on the Government market, contracting process, and our target markets. Armed with the right messaging and marketing support, I have been able to quickly close new sales. In all my years in sales, I have never seen any company provide this level of support to employees.

The level of professionalism of the Leadership team and every Binarian exceeds any other organization where I have worked. I’m proud to have been given the opportunity to work for Binary and wanted to prove to myself and the company that hiring me was worth the risk. Binary wants everyone to feel good when they walk in the door, and I am energized every morning because of the culture they have created and support provided to everyone.

Let’s face it, there are no perfect companies, and some are worse or better than others. I have worked for companies that have not paid commissions, had poor leadership, and left employees to fend for themselves. That is not the case at Binary. Binary leadership is so engaged with everyone, and has an open door policy for anyone to discuss their ideas or concerns, which is so rare to find. This is not micromanagement, but great support and mentoring that is provided throughout the company. Employees make a company successful, and Binary will continue to grow because they have some of the best people in the industry and invest in them to succeed.

The opportunity I have been given at Binary is worth its weight in gold!

Cons

Binary currently does not have sales related training manuals sales hires. I truly believe if this is added would be a huge benefit to the company and all new sales hires

Advice to Management

“Instead of freaking out about these constraints, embrace them. Let them guide you. Constraints drive innovation and force focus. Instead of trying to remove them, use them to your advantage.”

Good management is the art of making problems so interesting and their solutions so constructive that everyone wants to get to work and deal with them.
    Paul Hawken

2. Increasing ability to serve Government Clients in innovative ways

I have been working at Binary Group full-time

Pros

What I like best working at Binary is the direct, open nature of both management and staff, their willingness to take on tough subjects, and their willingness to innovate when current approaches just aren't working. I have been challenged to grow both professionally and personally, and the management team has been pretty open and direct in sharing their own growth and challenges.

Cons

Quite frankly, the Federal consulting business has been extremely difficult in the past couple of years, and the management team has struggled with both strategy and execution. As a consequence, there has been some turnover, particularly with the non-delivery staff. Not only have these losses been hard emotionally, but these have made the environment more challenging, increased workload and stretched those who remain. Some of the back office processes, particularly in HR, have been sorely lacking and mostly neglected for years.

Advice to Management

When focusing the team on target markets, don't underestimate the team's potential to innovate with newer technology that can give an edge and make everyone more productive. Explicitly allow for time to innovate and explore, and make this a shared commitment of both management and the team.

3. Excellent Opportunity

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Binary Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent resume builder, interview was easy and straight to the point (most interview questions are absurd and useless) I was hired and ready to go to work. Loved working for Binary the experience gave me so much confidence and additional training I was not expecting to receive. The HR department is very helpful especially to employees working in other time zones. Highly recommend this agency.

Cons

The positions don't last especaill if they are DOD contracts.

Advice to Management

This company has great potential but it's important to do more than just hire personnel; keeping them employed once hired-on provides a safety net with job security which results in job loyalty to the company and agency.

5. A Different Impression

Former Employee - Senior Program Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Program Analyst

I worked at Binary Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for Binary Group at a client location. I felt I had sufficient support from corporate and was included in their planning and events. The company seems to have focused itself in providing Financial Management support and the personnel has changed to meet that focus.

Cons

Many of the critical comments here seem to focus on the small business nature of Binary. I feel that you have to expect some of that. If you were hired by Binary Group, you knew going into it that they are a smaller size firm. You just aren't going to get some of the benefits and bonuses (financial or otherwise) that you would get from a bigger company. Having worked at a few defense contractors, I feel Binary's benefits are comparable to others.

Advice to Management

Special events are nice, but the "training days" happening on certain holidays takes precious family time away from employees. Surely there's a better way to handle that. Hopefully that has changed.

Falsification of Favorable Reviews

Former Employee - Sales in Rosslyn, VA
    Former Employee - Sales in Rosslyn, VA

I worked at Binary Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to see first hand such a dysfunctional organization.

Cons

Not honest in representation. Marketing Department petitioned staff to write favorable reviews on Glassdoor to offset the true reviews. This breach of integrity was shocking, especially their assumption that recommended actions were appropriate and that others would follow suit. Aside from the plants, the vast majority of reviews were negative on the company and its leadership. Leadership does not deliver on commission or bonuses promised, but this may be because leadership has run the company into the ground and used up all its cash. After two rounds of layoffs, 12 Binarians, greater than 60% of staff, which included all Sales staff, CFO and HR Recruiter were let go same day without prior notification. If by some chance they hire again, do not come to work here unless you are looking for short-term employment and have no other options available.

Advice to Management

Be fair to remaining staff and give them an honest assessment so they have time to prepare for an imminent shut down.

Feb 9, 2015Director of Marketing

While we respect everyone’s right to an opinion, we do not respect this reviewer’s misrepresentation of facts and take this opportunity to set the record straight:

Fact #1: The Marketing
    ... More

7. Company has questonable direction

Current Employee - Operations in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Operations in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Binary Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- There were some great people working there
    - Flexible work hours
    - Management is fairly easy to access

Cons

- Constant turnover
    - Lack of leadership direction
    - Constant Micromanagement

Advice to Management

With a small company, you definitely will wear multiple hats- Help out employees by putting together a program to help internal growth.

Not a Company it once was

I have been working at Binary Group

Pros

Good people that want to do well and support the customer

Cons

Senior Management needs to change soonest if not to late already

Advice to Management

Have board of directors replace senior management if not too late already

Feb 9, 2015Director of Marketing

Yes, this reviewer is right about one thing - Binary is not the same company. Binary has transformed its business from an advisory assistance firm to a 'quick strike' solutions and capabilities ... More

9. Great job... but this is not for people seeking to move widgets from A to B

I have been working at Binary Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours. Ability to approach senior leadership. Business growth in new and innovative directions. Trust to accomplish one's mission. Ideas and new concepts are heard and implemented where needed.

Cons

Constant turnover of personnel creates undue hindrances in "company operational rhythm". Overall task organization leaves room to be desired. No clear,concise and set way of collectively executing tasks that require involvement from multiple company personnel. Although there have been vast improvements, the problems still persist to various degrees.

Advice to Management

Continue to treat people in the same fashion and maintain overall culture.

Nov 4, 2014Director of Marketing

Binary continues to lead the Government in transformational initiatives. This includes our own transformation, enabling Binary to meet the changing needs of our customers. To some, this ... More

10. Awesome Corporate Culture!

I have been working at Binary Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Out of every company I have ever worked at, Binary has the least drama, hardest working employees, a corporate culture that was developed by the employees that fosters a family atmosphere, management that truly wants to hear your opinions and solicits it, and people that are not shy about stepping up to the plate and accepting responsibility.

Cons

As a small company, it is important to recognize that we wear multiple hats. Those considering employment with Binary should consider this if they have only worked in a large company.

11. Valued for my skill set

I worked at Binary Group full-time

Pros

When I first came on board at Binary. I had struggled so much in civil service because of the way the system was structured. No matter how much or what quality the work that was done you had to wait for time in grade to get the next promotion. Binary was the first place that I ever really worked that I felt truly valued for my skill set and what I brought to the team. So thank you for creating that.

Cons

I don't have any specific cons

Binary Group Photos