Binding Site

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Richard Rowland

Had high hopes when I started my employment, but company does not do enough to aid progression.

Laboratory Technician (Current Employee)
Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Binding Site full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNice building and working environment, hours are appealing and colleagues are friendly. Other than that there isn't much.

Conspay is substandard for job role, no room for progression, company doesn't value staff loyalty and wastes money on pointless slogans.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your staff and you'll have a happy and engaged workforce.

Excellent Product, Cosy-club top management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Binding Site full-time

ProsExcellent product, Good scientific and evidence based marketing, good facilities, decent salary

ConsSince takeover by venture capital fund, Senior management operate as cosy club with whimsical and vindictive behavior towards middle and lower cadre; Too much hubris without considering other point of views; avoid the company like plague
Maybe its a strategy to downsize and preparing for exit sale

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach in HR about Just and Fair view towards all - stop bending over backwards to every whim and fancy of a select few who think they wield all power

Modern company on the outside; traditional, slow, and process-oriented on the inside.

Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Binding Site

ProsThe company has recently moved to modern and spacious premises right in the Birmingham city centre. The strength of this company is in its (international) sales and marketing.

ConsIn many departments of the Binding site the process has become the product often under the guise of "quality assurance". Tremendous inefficiencies are masked by strong sales in a small niche market that lacks a competitor for the time being. Should this situation change, it is highly unlikely that the current R&D innovation can take up the slack. Senior management information is passed down by "trickle down" through the babbling of junior managers and HR. Employees flee the premises at the strike of the clock.
Future employees beware; if you are looking for a modern Biotech company in the vein of Genetech you are set to be disappointed. You are likely more likely to find a traditional Midlands manufacturing company in every sense - process oriented, hierarchical, patriarchal, slow. Needles to say this model has not served other Midlands companies well, but this company lacks the vision to see the parallels. I certainly would not recommend this company to anyone who values autonomy, creativity and who is goal oriented.
Please note that this review relates to the UK premises in Birmingham not the international subsidiaries where the situation could be different.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to leadership would be to stop isolating themselves at the top. Educate themselves on the workings of more established big-name Biotech companies ...there is is plenty to learn.

Worked for Binding Site? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Binding Site reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Binding Site CEO Richard Rowland. All reviews posted anonymously by Binding Site employees.