Binghamton University

www.binghamton.edu

Binghamton University Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Binghamton University – US – “Dept. of Biological Sciences, Binghamton…”

Binghamton University – US – “Dept. of Biological Sciences, Binghamton…”

Harvey Stenger

Pros
  • It is a great place to contribute to the society (in 4 reviews)

• Great co-workers and flexible hours (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very little attention given to your success, was paid minimum wage, hard to navigate HR (in 4 reviews)

• too time consuming hard working (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Binghamton university

Research Assistant (Current Employee) Binghamton, NY

ProsCheap city, good for students

Conssmall city with limited things to do

Advice to Senior Managementimprove university activities

Fun learning experience and a solid on campus job

Resident Consultant (Former Employee) Binghamton, NY

ProsThe work is interesting and easy for anyone to learn how to do. The work is technical and you get to learn technical skills while getting paid. You also get to set your own hours, which helps maintain schoolwork while holding the job. You also get to meet many new people as well.

ConsThe work is inconsistent, and since the job is by the hour, the pay is inconsistent. Really is not a job that someone should try to live off of, but I feel that is obvious.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, it works well and is a great job.

Best of Both Worlds

Student Ambassador (Former Employee) Binghamton, NY

ProsAn intelectual atmosphere that motivates you to push your abilities, become the best version of yourself, and have a healthy competition with your peers.

ConsAuthority acts as if everything is self explanatory.

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor Orientation and Inclusion of Adjuncts

Adjunct Professor (Former Employee)

ProsThis university is very highly rated in terms of bang for your buck. The students were generally hard-working and the chair of my department was reasonably supportive.

ConsWhen I began as an adjunct, there was no orientation to the workings of the university or department. Adjuncts were not included in departmental meetings, so I was nearly as unfamiliar with my colleagues after working there for a year as I was when I started.

Advice to Senior ManagementOrient new employees. Include part-time, adjunct and postdoctoral employees in departmental and division meetings where issues that concern them might be raised.

Good Childcare Center at Heart but poorly run infrastructure and no support to employees

Teacher (Former Employee) Binghamton, NY

ProsNAEYC accredited, they value the care and education of the children

Conspoorly run office, low pay, no support for staff, no room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the needs of your employees and get them what they need. Support your employees and protect them as you do the students.

Teaching at Binghamton University

Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) Binghamton, NY

ProsBeing a teaching Assistant at Binghamton University is a great stepping stone into the world of professional academia. Also a the University as a whole represents a broad range of ethnicity and cultures.

ConsInterdepartmental politics often times has too much of a rule in funding decisions.

The University Call Center is awesome!

ProsWorking at the Call Center teaches you about all the different office we answer for including: Info line, Admissions, Orientation, EOP, Reslife, Registrar, Health Services, and Financial Aid

ConsThe pay starts at minimum wage, you have to get coverage for your shifts, and not everyone comes in when they're supposed to

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being awesome. I hope Jen never leaves. Keep getting great mentors

research on several fields: energy building, privacy, wireless sensor network and hardware design

Research Assistant (Current Employee) Binghamton, NY

ProsStudy while researching, free, cozy and do anything came from your mind

Consmaybe salary is not that much, but as a student , it is good to have a on-campus job while pursuing a degree

People are nice, especially in the Research Foundation.

ProsTraining is good. Most professors are nice.

ConsSmall campus. There is a new lab/teaching complex located outside of campus.

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible hours, good pay and simple work

ConsOccasional call at bad hours (i.e. late night prior to an exam)

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for Binghamton University? Contribute to the Community!