Bio-Reference Labs

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bio-Reference Labs Chairman, President, and CEO Marc D. Grodman

Marc D. Grodman

It was a very informative and educational experience working for this company.

Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Bio-Reference Labs

ProsThey provide great health insurance with very good options. The overall experience they provide you with knowledge about the company and what they are expecting to accomplish in the future is a great optimistic boost for employees. It is an exciting and fast paced atmosphere

ConsCommunication was sometimes lacking, and depending on who you worked with made a very big negative or positive impact on your daily motivation to work in that department.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to appreciate what employees do and how much effort they put in on a daily basis. Do not look at small mistakes as large dissatisfaction, but look at the overall experience and work ethic such employees provide for the company every single day.

Good place to work if you have kids, flexible schedule

Billing Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Bio-Reference Labs

ProsGood Health Insurance
Flexible schedule
No experience neccesary to start
Good place to learn

ConsNo room for advancement if employee do not kiss the butt at their Managers.
Senior employees are not considerer to get a Team Leader position.
Managers has no have experience and skills to be
Salary no good for people with experience

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead to make team leaders to new employees without experience choose the correct ones who has been working at Bioreference for more than 10 years showing loyalty also, some Managers forgot to give a yearly raise to employees working there more than 9 years.

Compensation is poor and lack opportunities to advance

ProsGood Benefits,fairness and respect

Conscareer Opportutunities is poor, salaries poor

Advice to Senior ManagementReconize employees and better salaries

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

un professional

Billing Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bio-Reference Labs

Prosenjoyed some of coworkers, and like my line of work

Consfavoritism, its all cliqs like high school even upper managment dont value the good workers

Advice to Senior Managementdo random drug testing that even managers dont know about , record all customer service calls make sure people are getting promotions based on work ethic not who they are dating or friends with

Alright

I have been working at Bio-Reference Labs

ProsIts easy and the pay is better than fast food. The job is tedious I didn't need any experience, but had to type all night

ConsIt can get extremely boring and depending on who you work with the job can be hassle, management is poor and coworkers are extremely rude and favoritism is an issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is headed in the right direction, but the work environment needs to have more of a professional feel in some departments.

Bio-Reference. Steady and stable but just the basics and no more.

Medical Technologist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bio-Reference Labs

ProsThe company is stable and is in fact growing. So at the present time with the country in a recession one does not have to fear being laid off.

ConsI would imagine that part of Bio Reference's success is keeping tight control of its finances so there are just what is necessary to get the job done. This might sound ungrateful considering the current economy, but their success results in a very hectic schedule for me at the job with little time to breathe. They certainly get the maximum out of their employees with little time downtime (time wasting ?) for most people.
The appearance of the lab is stark. More akin to a factory than to a lab. I have been to other labs and they are more warmly decorated. I suppose this is in keeping with the whole operation. You get the basics but no frills.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven though the country is in recession you could give a little more. 1.5% increase amounts probably less than $1000 increase annually for most employees - maybe much less.

VERY unstable SUPERIORS!!!

I have been working at Bio-Reference Labs full-time for more than a year

ProsGREAT HEALTH BENEFITS AT ALMOST NO COST!! FREE LAB WORK!

Consunstable superiors, at least in my department which is the only one i could give you my thoughts. Way too much favoritism, people bringing personal issues into work, everything is just oh so horrible. My "supervisor" quit and left the building cursing, our doctor has a meeting with us blaming the staff for the instability of the supervisor and WE were the reason she quit, the next day she was in the office has if nothing happened!! the director took NO action for her actions!! If you want to suffer from anxiety and depression i recommend you work for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementQUIT !

ok

I have been working at Bio-Reference Labs

ProsSupervisor understands the needs of the employee, You get the space you need to work to the best of your abbilities.

ConsNo PLACE TO GROW!!! In the company not everyone is offered the oportunity to apply for higher positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementNotify Phlebotomist and other employees when other positions open maybe in a inter office email or memo!!! There are many great employees you miss out on having in ur management team

Frustrating

I have been working at Bio-Reference Labs

ProsIt has virtually none of the ridiculous regulations of pharma. You can acutally use your brain and be creative. There is very little oversight.

ConsTraining is almost non-existent. There are a lot of politics. If you are geographically close to the home office, it is easier to get what you want and need.

Good Company

Lab (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bio-Reference Labs

ProsGood company, environment to work with. Great Manager, always there to help the team with his vast experience and knowledge. I love to work here.

ConsSince the company is growing, there might be some issues with the employees, down the line the company may excel in all the fields.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll the best to the top management, pls do keep the same efforts for the future as well, we guys are going to rock.

Worked for Bio-Reference Labs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bio-Reference Labs reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bio-Reference Labs CEO Marc D. Grodman. All 20 reviews posted anonymously by Bio-Reference Labs employees.