Bio-Reference Labs

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bio-Reference Labs Chairman, President, and CEO Marc D. Grodman

Marc D. Grodman

RUN FOR THE HILLS !!!!!!!!

ProsGreat medical benefits and somewhat flexible hours that's about it.

ConsUnless you kiss butt there is no room for growth. Pay is horrible. You are watched as if your child. Lots of favoritism. Not a equal opportunity work environment. Constant change but unless you're management you won't be notified. Horrible communication between management and employees. Employees coming into the department with no experience are getting paid the same as or more than employees that have been there for years.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart paying employees what they're worth. You have good employees that have been part of the department for years show them some gratitude and give them the pay they deserve. Take a look at your team leads and management. Stop treating employees like they are children.

My experience in this company stinks.

Dispatcher (Current Employee) Elmwood Park, NJ

ProsThe medical benefits and all the employee discounts are the real reasons why I am still working for this billion dollar company.

ConsThere is too much diversity, too much favoritism, no advancement unless you kiss someone's butt or sleep with them. The raises are an insult to us as working human beings. When there is an opportunity to try to move up or should I say transfer to a better department, they give it to someone else or make you wait for a year or so

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is look over your managers and supervisors, especially in the transportation department. Very sneaky, and deceiving

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Lab Technologist

Lab Technologist (Current Employee) Elmwood Park, NJ

ProsSteady work and good benefits Something to put on a resume.

ConsMandatory weekends and without rotating shifts, The day shift is a skeleton crew but the over night is packed with people because they only hire for nights. Focus on work output over quality. The pay is below par even with night differential. This is a revolving door company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Extremely competitive market

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsFreedom to run territory as your own business.

ConsLots of pressure to maintain accounts while constantly prospecting for new accounts. Crappy pay. Little resources and support.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people more - you get what you pay for.

VERY unstable SUPERIORS!!!

ProsGREAT HEALTH BENEFITS AT ALMOST NO COST!! FREE LAB WORK!

Consunstable superiors, at least in my department which is the only one i could give you my thoughts. Way too much favoritism, people bringing personal issues into work, everything is just oh so horrible. My "supervisor" quit and left the building cursing, our doctor has a meeting with us blaming the staff for the instability of the supervisor and WE were the reason she quit, the next day she was in the office has if nothing happened!! the director took NO action for her actions!! If you want to suffer from anxiety and depression i recommend you work for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementQUIT !

un professional

Billing Representative (Current Employee) Elmwood Park, NJ

Prosenjoyed some of coworkers, and like my line of work

Consfavoritism, its all cliqs like high school even upper managment dont value the good workers

Advice to Senior Managementdo random drug testing that even managers dont know about , record all customer service calls make sure people are getting promotions based on work ethic not who they are dating or friends with

Ridiculous policies, low pay, how the Grinch stole client service

Customer Service (Former Employee)

ProsGain good industry knowledge. Leader in the industry. Health industry is a good place to be. Wide variety of challenges. Great benefits.

ConsDirector is trying to make changes through process improvement but is driving reckless behavior due to management through fear and unreasonable rules. Workplace becomes heated in mornings and late nights and management has deemed fans as the devils spawn. Bad for older woman going through menopause. While other departments have the luxury of being able to visit the coffee truck, play the radio softly, decorate their sections, we have become stripped of all such activities. Birthdays have been banned. Need to ask permission to have your cell phone handy. Cameras installed everywhere making it feel like big brother is watching. Office has become a very "cold" uninviting environment.

Expected to work the work of three different departments while we are merging into one group. It’s not feasible nor fair for them to expect us to continue on with this increased workload at our current level of pay

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together. The economy is changing and you can't work people to the bone, with little reward and retain quality and motivated staff. companies should avoid "unrealistic" policies.

Get rid of the unrealistic laughable policies such as not allowing employees to celebrate birthdays, let alone have a birthday cake.

bio-reference night shift is not professional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRelax setting and good people

Consnot professional, constant time changes to schedule. Only work if you are desperate

Every supervisor has a supervisor and no one communicates with each other

Phlebotomist (Former Employee) Toms River, NJ

Prosthe location was convenient to home

ConsManagement expects you to do the work of three people and pay you minimum. Too many meetings and nothing gets accomplished

Advice to Senior ManagementGet in the trenches and see what really goes on in your patient service centers. All you ever see is the dollar sign

Former Manager

Mid Manager (Former Employee)

Prosflexible work hours and decent medical and vision plan. good dental plan. Meet some nice people and very talented individuals to develop long-term networking and friendships - mostly the lab techs and screening techs that actually do the work.

ConsPOWER STRUGGLE GALORE!!! faves even amongst uppers with lower/mid-level managers..

some departments are very territorial. Uppers quick to blame others for their mistakes but gobble up praise. Little concern for safety, federal and state regulations with some department heads. Quick to recruit like-minded managers to gang up on other managers who point out blatantly illegal practices and try to help fix them as a team. would rather feign ignorance because its convenient/cheaper than doing something right.

little to no advancement opportunities - had one upper tell me to "create a new job to advance to" but "it's not happening by the way". discourage you from leaving though. had one upper tell one of my employees "jokingly" they would give them a bad reference so they don't leave. employee came to me so shocked and disparaged I had to promise them if an interviewer called I would not let them ever speak to that upper.

don't appreciate most hard working individuals or help managers show appreciation for their employees. uppers focus on key few favorites that do whatever they want instead. more focused on saving money anywhere and pushing potential hires on you just because they'll accept "less money".

some uppers very inexperienced, very manipulative, no email etiquette and not afraid to try and embarrass you in front of others in email exchange.

major HR violations with some upper managers. not afraid to throw around some of your department's issues to other department heads before telling you because they find it entertaining. some will directly make fun of your employees right in front of them.

Advice to Senior Managementbackground check your uppers before hiring or promoting. ensure they have the proper degree and HR training and know-how of operations instead of those who can just save you the most money and trample on others

provide low/mid-level managers with the resources to give back to their staff. routinely search for rising talent amongst the bench-level workers.

train all managers on proper e-mail etiquette.

show loyalty to your staff. foster a community of TRUST. weed out those that do not practice basic good corporate values regardless of their rank.

Worked for Bio-Reference Labs? Contribute to the Community!