BioClinica Reviews

BioClinica President & CEO John Hubbard
John Hubbard

1. Grow up!

I worked at BioClinica full-time

Pros

Job Security, Outstanding Products, Customer first culture (for the most part)

Cons

Poor Leadership, Immature middle management, Lack of direction

Advice to Management

Hire leaders for your middle management. Set a firm direction and stop all the re-orgs they kill morale.

2. Employee

I have been working at BioClinica full-time

Pros

Great place to work, growing company

Cons

no comment at this time

3. Not that bad

Current Employee - Project Leader in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Leader in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at BioClinica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Boss is great to work for

Cons

No room to grow in the company

5. Good job if your willing to put the time in.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

I worked at BioClinica (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay out of college.

Cons

A lot of micromanagement, seems like co workers form cliques.

6. Worst company I have ever worked for!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I worked at BioClinica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. The pay was too low, benefits were average, management was incompetent, staff gossiping all day long, managers would stand behind you and watch you work without telling you they were there right away.

Cons

They will lie to your face and say they want to keep you and then fire you. Training is a joke. They are extremely understaffed, so there is no one available to train you properly, and then they will fire you because you ask for help. Morale is super low. During my first week, I heard people talking about how they can't wait to quit. According to my manager at the time, the company had a massive layoff in 2014-2015. This explained why they were understaffed and why everyone is upset. Plus the company keeps taking on new studies without considering the man power.

Advice to Management

You are the worst and have no business running a company. You will keep driving your employees away and will run the business into the ground.

7. Great Company

Current Employee - Travel Specialist in Audubon, PA
    Current Employee - Travel Specialist in Audubon, PA

I have been working at BioClinica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company, not sure what all of the other negative comments are about. The new CEO is is taking the company in a new direction!! Kudos to John Hubbard!! This is an exciting time to be at BioClinica and I'm looking foward to all of the challenges and changes ahead.

Cons

None at this time...seriously, the company is just taking off.

Advice to Management

Keep making the changes you're making....you're headed in the right direction

8. Good place to work

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Audubon, PA
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Audubon, PA

I have been working at BioClinica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm not sure where all the negative reviews have come from. In my experience the company is a good place to work and offers excellent paid time off and decent medical benefits. (Sadly, the days of great medical benefits anywhere are ancient history.) The IT department is very fast paced and embraces cutting edge technologies.

Cons

Work/life balance can get lopsided at times. On-call schedules need to be developed to prevent this from happening.

Advice to Management

Develop on-call schedules for off-hours support. We are an international company yet in this respect we still operate like mom-and-pop. Work on better integration of divisions. We merged with CLP over 2 years ago and Synarc over 1 year ago yet it seems like we are still 3 completely different cultures.

9. Optimistic Outlook

I have been working at BioClinica full-time

Pros

The people are wonderful, hard working and always willing to help when needed. They are also passionate about the work they do and how they contribute to the overall good. Lots of change has occurred throughout the past couple of years and will always occur with growth. This brings great opportunities and learning experiences! With a new CEO comes a new leadership team. What has been seen so far is positive and optimistic for the company! It's a work in progress, but preparation has been underway for much growth in the near future and long-term.

Cons

As stated, it is a work in progress and the following Cons are currently focus points for the management team/company: Process improvement is needed throughout the organization. More focus on employee development and engagement is needed. Slow to offer valuable employees more responsibility and promotion.

Advice to Management

Kudos to the progress that the leadership team has made in the first half of 2015! Remember to walk your talk and stay engaged.

Business more worried about destroying competitors then improving

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown, PA

I have been working at BioClinica (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay, great benefits. There was some great people to work with before the reduction in force had them walked out.

Cons

Management is more about who you know vs what you know, creating a management team that can't elevate their resources. People are laidoff based on personal agendas without thought to why they are there. This leads to jobs being offered back once the company realizes their poor decision.

Advice to Management

Build a management team built from people who will create a more successful culture. Make sure people are qualified for their positions.

Developer

I worked at BioClinica full-time

Pros

- Bioclinica offered plenty of opportunity to grow - There are a number of interesting projects with a variety of complexity - great way to get into the pharmaceutical industry with plenty of networking

Cons

- Lack of vision from leadership - Lack of mentorship from management staff - Teamwork between departments was counter productive

Advice to Management

Improve collaboration between teams and focus on personal growth, not just providing titles.

RSS Feed </> Embed