BioGenex

Add Photos

Krishan L. Kalra

Currently working from past 5 years

Researcher (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsNice work environment and corporate culture, reward and recognition for ONLY hardworking and professionals. Opportunity to learn and grow. You get reward, recognition and hike if you can deliver on time.

ConsIf you are not professional, if you do not know what you are doing, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate the role carefully before you hire!

I have been working at BioGenex full time for more than 10 years. Great place and great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsNice and professional people work here.
    Good opportunities for those who work hard and focus on growth and advancement.
    Upper managment always listens and considers the employees opinion and suggestion.

ConsPTO benefit is the same for a new employee and loyal employee who serves over 15 years in the company.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

A place to learn, a place to grow

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsFantastic product line, lot of smart employees to work with, deserving employees get their perks without delays..

ConsNone. As always said there is room for improvement..

Advice to Senior ManagementThis management is far better, where I have worked with. Very understanding and cooperative.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing Mid-Lower Level Employees, Terrible High Level Management

(Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsGood product-line. Free coffee and water, friday bagels (the cheese ones I dip in hot chocolate)

ConsI have worked with the most talented, hard-working low-mid level employees and some great bosses. It's sad to say that I've seen them let go, leave or stay but remain very unhappy with the bad company culture, poor management and low regard for employees and their work.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee Happiness => Efficient and Productive Work => Excellent Products/Services => Customer Satisfaction and High Profit

Do not work here!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI can not remember anything positive.

ConsUnethical practices. Very high turnover so that nobody knows how things are done. All the good people gone. Bad benefits. Low pay.

In need of updates.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsThey are willing to provide the training for most skills required for the job. Bagels on Friday mornings.

ConsNot compensating staff for their effort and contribution. The management team needs to be reworked for better management skills. Company is ran via dictatorship.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to value your employees because they are also the heart of the company.

BioGenex CEO responded to this review

May 15, 2014

Thank you for your comments. We agree that it is important to listen to our staff and seriously consider their input; we are reviewing our policies for recruiting and retaining employees. During ... More

Extremely unprofessional place to work, no feedback appreciated

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsReagents for diagnostic industry are good, colleagues are good

ConsBenefits are poor, feedback from employees are not considered, instruments they sell do not work reliably

Advice to Senior ManagementYour instruments do not work

One of the worst biotech firms in bay area

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNone, could have given a negative star if possible,

ConsThe founder of the company is unprofessional and doesn't value talent/people working for him. Get everything in writing before you work here, as they can change terms once you start working and could treat you like slaves. Low pay, bad work culture, no work life balance too many negatives to count. Would not recommend this company to even my enemies.

Advice to Senior ManagementFounders are not worth working for, work here if you have no other place in world and you are running out of food.

An okay experience

Chemist (Former Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsA great job for people entering the work force. They celebrate birthdays, free bagels on Friday.

ConsI see people leave and join the company very often. A lot of lifers, but they have low moral.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have the feeling that the company is wishing to get bought out by a larger company. The company has been private for so long.

Horrible place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsHardly any. They are trying to compete with the biggies with literally no lab equipments for R&D. If you don't have a job, try this one

ConsBad work environment, terrible and unreasonable management, high attrition rate and long work hours. Bad compensation package.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to learn how to respect employees

Worked for BioGenex? Contribute to the Community!