BioGenex

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Krishan L. Kalra

A place to learn, a place to grow

I have been working at BioGenex full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFantastic product line, lot of smart employees to work with, deserving employees get their perks without delays..

ConsNone. As always said there is room for improvement..

Advice to Senior ManagementThis management is far better, where I have worked with. Very understanding and cooperative.

In need of updates.

Fremont, CA

I have been working at BioGenex full-time

ProsThey are willing to provide the training for most skills required for the job. Bagels on Friday mornings.

ConsNot compensating staff for their effort and contribution. The management team needs to be reworked for better management skills. Company is ran via dictatorship.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to value your employees because they are also the heart of the company.

Extremely unprofessional place to work, no feedback appreciated

Fremont, CA

I have been working at BioGenex full-time for less than a year

ProsReagents for diagnostic industry are good, colleagues are good

ConsBenefits are poor, feedback from employees are not considered, instruments they sell do not work reliably

Advice to Senior ManagementYour instruments do not work

One of the worst biotech firms in bay area

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at BioGenex

ProsNone, could have given a negative star if possible,

ConsThe founder of the company is unprofessional and doesn't value talent/people working for him. Get everything in writing before you work here, as they can change terms once you start working and could treat you like slaves. Low pay, bad work culture, no work life balance too many negatives to count. Would not recommend this company to even my enemies.

Advice to Senior ManagementFounders are not worth working for, work here if you have no other place in world and you are running out of food.

An okay experience

Chemist (Former Employee)

I worked at BioGenex full-time for more than a year

ProsA great job for people entering the work force. They celebrate birthdays, free bagels on Friday.

ConsI see people leave and join the company very often. A lot of lifers, but they have low moral.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have the feeling that the company is wishing to get bought out by a larger company. The company has been private for so long.

Horrible place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at BioGenex full-time for more than a year

ProsHardly any. They are trying to compete with the biggies with literally no lab equipments for R&D. If you don't have a job, try this one

ConsBad work environment, terrible and unreasonable management, high attrition rate and long work hours. Bad compensation package.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to learn how to respect employees

Lots of technolgy and challenge, but not applied in the right places.

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at BioGenex full-time for more than a year

ProsThis is not a unique company in that many of the workers are the best I had the pleasure to work with.

ConsFor all its technology, at times management gets involved and the emotional stress and push-back to get things done can be frustrating. The company has come a long way, but still has some to go.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower employees more often.

BioGenex needs new leadership

Applications (Former Employee)

I worked at BioGenex

ProsThey had a great compensation and commission package. They also had nice benefits packages.

ConsSenior Management did not want to listen to the people on the frontlines about product deficiencies and sales challenges

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and listen to your customers!!!

Worst company to join and work for even if one does not have any job or any other alternative.

Applications Specialist (Former Employee)
Hyderābād (India)

I worked at BioGenex full-time for more than a year

ProsReally nothing positive worth mentioning .

ConsWorst leadership which is better caller dictatorship by the CEO.
Most unprofessional, disorganized, unethical organization.
Employee unfriendly, never honors committment even on salary. You can forget about everything other than monthly salary credited to your bank.
Over selling and false information regarding revenue, profit, number of employee, role and every thing else during recruitment.
Unfair and unstated expectations and unreasonable demands/pressure on employees.
Utopian ideas to get the best free of cost.
Not conducive to discharge ones role and deliver anything due to politics promoted by the CEO himself.
No employee is trusted and so asked to leave immediatley once the employee gathers little information/knowhow of the technology/market.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your attitude towards your employees or you will perish.

Good place to work and learn

Developer (Former Employee)
Hyderābād (India)

I worked at BioGenex full-time for more than a year

ProsExposure to work will be good and one is passionate to learn work.This is the right place.

ConsYou cant work here for a long time as a developer because the work here is limited.

Worked for BioGenex? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BioGenex reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BioGenex CEO Krishan L. Kalra. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by BioGenex employees.