BioScrip

Updated January 16, 2015
Updated January 16, 2015
2.0

Richard M. (Rick) Smith

Top heavy and non cohesive upper management team

I have been working at BioScrip full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some dedicated professions on the clinical field arena

Cons

Everything else. Strategic plan is to maintain s top heavy upper management team while sacrificing the clinical structure which compromises patient care and over stresses the branch ops team. This company does not have its finger on the pulse of patient care or interest.

Cut 1/2 of the upper management financial load and there will be plenty of money for the shareholders.
    Reinvest in a clinical service model that actually has care in your healthcare company

Expectations exceed the organization's ability to execute.

I worked at BioScrip

Pros

Pay and benefits are competitive.

Cons

Top down mentality of decision making makes competing at the community level difficult.

Listen more and talk less.

All work, no play

I worked at BioScrip

Pros

Definitely some dedicated people in the company

Cons

Even though there are "all-hands" calls, there is very little disclosure of the health of the company

Be more transparent and let people know how we're doing. This false sense of security is not good for morale when the hammer has to drop.

Generally an awesome place to work.

I have been working at BioScrip full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good working atmosphere, mostly great co-workers.

Cons

Yearly raises are very small and make you question why you bust your butt to go above and beyond if you're only going to get the bare minimum of 1-2%. Think of that consultant interview from Office Space. Do just enough to not get fired.

Appreciate your hard workers and compensate them accordingly. Don't make us feel like a number when it comes to yearly raises.

Tutorial on how to destroy a promising branch

I worked at BioScrip full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My co-workers were great. Most colleagues at other branches were helpful and nice. They recently started holding "town hall" type meetings with employees and CEO. It was good to hear from the CEO the direction of the company (it was inferred company trying to become more attractive to buyer)

Cons

No work life balance and every decision corporate made about my branch was the wrong one. I cannot stress that enough. My fledgling branch was destroyed by corporate, and there's no reason that branch should be flailing. Little opportunity for advancement unless you are a suck up.

Appreciate your employees. They work hard every day to ensure patients are well taken care of.

Good people trying to do the right thing but upper management could care less. consistent decline and disregard.

I have been working at BioScrip full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great co-workers, at the branch operations and field clinician level

Cons

system antiquated, communication across the board very disconnected. Corporate culture in the gutter. Morale in the same place. Bad and unsupportive environment. Time to go it keeps getting worse and stock is at an all time low. I say cut the fat at the top and invest more in the folks at the branch level especially the clinicians.

Clear concise direction and communication. make your employees believe you care about them and the patients that they serve by providing health insurance that doesn't rape you and provide ongoing education that will benefit the professional staff and their patient's. Worst company I have ever worked for.

The company has changed

I worked at BioScrip full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No pros to this company anymore

Cons

Everything changed, after part of the company got bought out, everything went downhill

Be better to your employees

Flexible in IT dept

I worked at BioScrip as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule working in IT

Cons

low pay, company very slow in decision making, executives are out of touch, departments are not working together

Love my work, hate who I work for.

Current Employee - Administrative in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at BioScrip full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility in scheduling has been good in my the 3 years. The majority of the employees are hard workers at my branch and in others.

Cons

Where to start? Senior management is so busy turning a buck at the expense of every single employee they have no time to deal with building cohesion between all the little pharmacies they bought to create their Home Infusion Conglomerate. We may have name recognition locally under our old name, but even it's credibility is slowing sliding downhill as referral sources have begun realizing we are no more than a 24 hour mini-mart dispensing IV drugs since Bioscrip bought us 2 years ago.
    And understaffed? My one coworker in a MD branch was expected to perform the roles of Intake, Authorization, RN staffing AND as an RN herself, see patients in the field! The same VP that told me and others at my location "staffing isn't the issue so find another reason you aren't performing" has yet to apologize for those words but the job being done by 2 in my office is now barely being handled by 4 of us, and that MD branch now has 2.5 employees for those tasks (we have different volume of patients). Also have learned the majority of is have received a 1% raise in the past 3 years though the demand for us to work has risen by 50% (benefit costs are also off the charts!)
    Best yet is the new Employee Stock Purchase Plan...hmm... Your stock has dropped from $13 to $8 the past 2 years though profits have risen, and the same co you sold your mail order specialty to now wants to buy all you acquired w/that sales money (hello, Walgreens). My guess is the ESPP is to build a small reserve possibly raising stock value as they coordinate the sale of the HIT division.
    And our medical insurance costs...$900+/mo for myself and 1 child to have a $5k OOP but the plan denies everything first forcing all providers to appeal, even prescription benefits.Obamacare has better plans.
    The list is endless as to why one should avoid this company like the plague. I'd give no stars but then I couldn't submit my review.

It slowly went down hill for 5 straight years

Former Employee - Ar Representative in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Ar Representative in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at BioScrip full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Time off, working remote, work life balance

Cons

Training, senior management, nothing is centrally located

Listen to you employees on all levels, learn to better communicate

BioScrip Photos