BioScrip Reviews

1. Underdog

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I have been working at BioScrip full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good family culture and very relaxed dress code

Cons

Benefits could have been better

Advice to Management

Don't wait til the last minute to take action when a branch is failing

2. Clinical RN

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashland, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashland, VA

I worked at BioScrip full-time

Pros

Nice to get to help patients in their homes, opportunities to teach patients and their families

Cons

Too many responsibilities of keeping up with your hours, patients for the day and then the next day. Travel miles a joke to keep up with. They don't want overtime but I would start at 5am and didn't stop until 8 or 9pm and then start all over again.

Advice to Management

Hire more nurses, so that each nurse can concentrate on the patients and not rushing to get to the next patient.

3. Mixed Bag

Current Employee - Intake Authorization Coordinator in Rutland, VT
    Current Employee - Intake Authorization Coordinator in Rutland, VT

I have been working at BioScrip full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The lower level employees are great people - a lot of little "family" groups. The other staff members are one of the only things enjoyable about being there every day. Great PTO offering, full benefits package including health, vision, dental, 401k, STD/LTD/Indemnity, stock options, service discounts, and pet insurance. There are also some really wonderful patients.

Cons

Company is too greedy. It's all about the money, in a very overwhelming in your face kind of way. Money collection is constantly shoved down your throat. They complicate processes to save a buck (I.e. making ALL charting electronic with a severely dysfunctional system to save money on ink and paper). Company likes to offer "incentive" or "bonus" plans, lead teams on to believe they will meet or have met a goal, only to refuse payout based on "fine print" that lower level employees aren't made aware of before they bust their butt to meet a (technically impossible) goal. Management is a disgrace; no accountability; no follow-through; minimal raises; non-existent training processes; expensive employee-share benefit costs; much more.

Advice to Management

Practice what you pretend to preach - you like to present yourself outwardly as all about the patient - so be that way! Every company needs revenue flow to run, but they also need to treat employees with dignity, respect, and thanks. By treating employees better, you'll improve employee satisfaction, thus naturally improving business.

5. Lots of change

I have been working at BioScrip (More than a year)

Pros

Great team in marketing and sales

Cons

Are they now closing Mpls?

6. Bioscrip cares money only

Current Employee - Pharmacy Tech in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Tech in Houston, TX

I have been working at BioScrip full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really don't know. Bioscrip bought out the company I work for and hasn't really done anything for the employees.

Cons

BBioscrip Cares only about profit

Advice to Management

Start caring for employees and you'll see a big difference.

5 Year Nightmare

Current Employee - Clinical in New Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Clinical in New Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at BioScrip full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Enjoyed job at first not shortly thereafter watched as others take credit for others dedication and strong work ethics

Cons

Upper Management trickles down to extremely poor communication across entire company.
    Middle management a joke
    Not sure where they find these clowns

Advice to Management

Take a really good look at the employees who perform while others take credit for doing zero or riding on others coat tails.
    Start believing that employees do and should have a work life balance. Take a
    good look at your middle management. Disgrace. Extremely poor business decisions which most likely was the destruction of this company

Top heavy and non cohesive upper management team

I have been working at BioScrip full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some dedicated professions on the clinical field arena

Cons

Everything else. Strategic plan is to maintain s top heavy upper management team while sacrificing the clinical structure which compromises patient care and over stresses the branch ops team. This company does not have its finger on the pulse of patient care or interest.

Advice to Management

Cut 1/2 of the upper management financial load and there will be plenty of money for the shareholders.
    Reinvest in a clinical service model that actually has care in your healthcare company

Expectations exceed the organization's ability to execute.

I worked at BioScrip

Pros

Pay and benefits are competitive.

Cons

Top down mentality of decision making makes competing at the community level difficult.

Advice to Management

Listen more and talk less.

I've been with Bioscrip for 2 years

I have been working at BioScrip (More than a year)

Pros

Not many left at this point. The patients are the best part of the entire company and the only reason I stay.

Cons

Every week there's a cut here, a cut there. No appreciation for employees. They email stating how good the company is doing financially and the next email is more cuts. Raises are unimpressive and you are a number. CEO received a 147% raise from 2012 to 2013...and we're lucky if we get 1%.

Advice to Management

You are nothing without loyal, hardworking employees.

Worked for the company for 8 years.

I worked at BioScrip

Pros

It started out as a great place to work, great teams all around. Great teams, fantastic benefits new projects getting started every week, companies merging with Bioscrip. In the middle of the 07-08 recession all companies around where loosing money, we where making profits, everyone else was laying off, we where expanding teams. We where introduced to new technologies, new concepts, very exciting place to work for. I FELT LUCKY AND PRIVILEGED.

Cons

.... until Rick Smith became CEO. He severely slashed benefits, people started to leave... experts who we could not do without, folks who designed and built entire infrastructures. Long story short, everyone who knew anything left. All departments got sold or shut down. Work became a boring grind. Useless incompetent bobble heads advance to director level just to satisfy the CIO's self importance. Now the office is a graveyard. No one know who is in and who works from home, no one knows what projects are done or to be done, when is the boss in town (literally). There is no desktop support, network support locally. Everything is outsourced.

Advice to Management

I have NO advice to management, all of them are just collecting a paycheck. I wish the investors would know what's going on. Oh wait... there are things going on at Bioscip... Securities Fraud Class Action, Shareholders Suit Over Exjade Probe and if one Googles "Bioscrip sawsuits" will find at least 8 more.

RSS Feed </> Embed