BioScrip
www.bioscrip.com Elmsford, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

BioScrip Reviews

Updated Mar 19, 2014
BioScrip – “BioScrip, Inc.”

Richard M. (Rick) Smith

A company that utilizes the knowledge and practical experience of it's staff to excel in the marketpalce

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at BioScrip full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBioScrip's specialty pharmacy division treated the whole person along with his particular disease state. A place where as an employee you developed a strong personal relationship with the clientele. A very rewarding experience.

ConsTheir monthly inventories were sometimes time consuming but was necessary to ensure store security and profitability.

Seems to be getting worse every year

IT Ops (Current Employee)
Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at BioScrip full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe co-workers are great, always willing to help and teach you things.

ConsManagement seems more concerned with pointless stats and graphs to make a pretty powerpoint presentation to the chiefs then day-to-day operations, Company seems unsure of the direction it is going in

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement training opportunities and promotion from within and have adaquate staffing so people can actually take their vacations and when you pay out the vacation they couldn't take, don't take a 25% cut

Poorly run company

IT Operations (Former Employee)
Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at BioScrip full-time for more than 8 years

ProsI received a vast amount of experience both on older platforms and practices and on newer ones as well.

ConsBenefits went from good to almost non-existant during my 8+ years. Loyalty went from 100+% to virtually non-existance. Moral is in a deep pit, as well. I was told my job and others had been eliminated only to find out two weeks later on this site and others they are interviewing. Very unethical. Expect legal action but not from me.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs much as 'the bottom line' matters, people matter too. Your employees are and could be your customer base as well. Don't screw them over so much. If you expect sacrifices from your army, prepared to make those same sacrifices and lead by example. Shame on you!

A company that does not care about its employees

RN Infusion (Former Employee)
Durham, NC

I worked at BioScrip full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMeeting wonderful patients and seeing them get well

ConsThis company does not honor FMLA - so don't get sick or any of your family members - you won't have a job to come back to.

Advice to Senior ManagementI hope this company goes under

Present employee

Infusion RN (Current Employee)

I have been working at BioScrip part-time for less than a year

ProsDecent pay - considering everything else and no personal life then it's ok.

ConsWhere do I start...catering to shareholders while the CEO makes 142% increase in pay in one year and they "own" you. They come in and will decimate an organization for more profit while leaving you with barely any benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementI hope the union is implemented...I can only hope.

Corporate Money Maker mentality

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)
New Orleans, LA

I have been working at BioScrip full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis company does offer good pay and usually hire people with good mentality. They recently started to offer tuition reimbursement and also have gotten better with their benefits.

ConsThe corporate mentality comes off as they are not concerned with the little people. The different branches of service makes up the company but are only concerned with big downfalls like when a branch is drowning.

Need to increase brand awareness, have a better national biz development strategy.

Marketing (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I worked at BioScrip full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of changes since the sale of the specialty pharm unit to Walgreens. Hopefully, they have focused their marketing on more local opportunities where their growth will lie.

ConsThey want to grow and be the nation's largest infusion business by buying local home health/infusion businesses. May still be the case.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare best practices throughout organization. Leverage and standardize communications and brand throughout.

This place took years off my life

Pharmacist (Former Employee)

I worked at BioScrip full-time for less than a year

ProsGood clinical resources at corporate level.

ConsNo work-life balance -- it was not uncommon to work 60-70 hour weeks on a regular basis. (Things happen -- we all have long weeks. But it shouldn't be every week.) Benefits (if you would call them that) are terrible. Branch was horribly understaffed. Staff was incompetent and poorly trained. Corporate was reluctant to acknowledge the attention our branch needed until after I had decided to move on. Difficult to thrive here if you really love home infusion.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your people and they will take care of the patient. Simple as that.

Upper management

Miami Lakes, FL

I have been working at BioScrip full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat company with great leadership vision.

ConsNone at this time at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the positive momentum and patient focused care. You will outshine the competition by remaining employee and patient focused.

Bad Atmosphere

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at BioScrip full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe individual branches of the company usually are fairly happy within themselves.

ConsHowever, when these branches work together, there is no cohesion. There isn't the friendly "let's work together" atmosphere that you want in the company you work for. There is a lot of corporate scheming and closed door meetings that promote a secretive malicious atmosphere among it's corporate executives. There is very little supportive involvement of the corporate executives at the branch level. All in all, not a very good company to work for. By doing a good job for this company, you paint a target on your back for those that are involved in the malicious scheming. Those that have the ear of the CEO seem to be the worst of this group so the entire company suffers.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to revamp your entire corporate structure. Your current leaders are more focused on making a quick dollar than they are on building a lifelong company that has the support of it's customers, partners, and vendors. You need to focus on bringing your company together and decisions need to be made with all managers involved, not just the ones that play the corporate game the best. You need to focus on improving worker satisfaction in order to improve their productivity. You are a healthcare company that provides some of the worst healthcare benefits in the industry. Make your workers happy and they will keep your company moving forward. Without them, you cannot survive or succeed.

Worked for BioScrip? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BioScrip reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BioScrip CEO Richard M. (Rick) Smith. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by BioScrip employees.