Biolife Plasma Services

www.biolifeplasma.com

Biolife Plasma Services Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Biolife Plasma Services – US – “Biolife Plasma Services”

Pros
  • Benefits are good, advancement opportunities exist, and lots of interaction with people every day(in 5 reviews)

• You get a lot of interaction with many people, and the pay is good when you are starting out of school(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Open some holidays and every Saturday making it difficult to have a good work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

• if upper management doesn't like you they will jump at first chance to fire you rather than help you work thru issues(in 3 reviews)

Great place but Stressful

ProsIt is such an excellent feeling knowing that you are helping to save lives! The company is very well respected and the pay, vacation, and benefits are good and they will train you on the job.

ConsIf you can't handle very fast paced job that can at times be quite stressful, then this isn't the job for you. They also don't work with you as far as scheduling. The hours are very all over the place so if you have a family, again this probably wouldn't be the place for you. You also are on your feet 9 hours a day so physically it wears you down.

Advice to Senior ManagementBiolife is about helping others and helping to save lives, but at what cost to your employees? There are many times that the donors get treated better than the staff. Many of my coworkers are quitting because they were physically pushed to far.

Fast Paced

Medical Assistant (Former Employee) Elkhart, IN

ProsWorked with really great co-workers, available training in MA and Phlebotomy

ConsManagement had their favorites, and if you weren't one of them it was very stressful

Advice to Senior ManagementBe equal to everyone and give everyone a chance at advancing

Great Place to work!

Phlebotomist (Current Employee) Appleton, WI

Prospay is decent for the work, benefits, great morale overall

Consstressfull at times when really busy

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

BioLife

ProsFlexible work schedule.
    Rewarding.
    Team oriented.
    Overall a great place to work at if you want to help others on a daily basis.

ConsVariable work hours.
    Plateau quickly.
    Have to work weekend and will only get one day weekends every other week. Consistency would be nice.

Schedule was awful and very little rewards for good employees

Senior Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) Eau Claire, WI

ProsI enjoyed the job itself and working with customers. I also had great co-workers. The 2 weeks vacation was also nice.

ConsThe schedule was very inconsistent. One day I would work until 8:30 pm and the next day I would have to be back at 5:45 am. There was no routine to the schedule. There was very little rewards or bonuses for doing a good job, but we were nit-picked to death. It was very disheartening seeing the donors constantly getting thousands of dollars in prizes and the company couldn't even give us a decent holiday party. Also, wages were very unfair. I worked there for over 3 years and ended at $12.50 an hour and found out after I quit that a girl that has started about 6 months prior was already at $14 an hour! I couldn't believe it. I worked my butt off and wasn't getting paid what I deserved. Also, I hated that they would give an occurrence if you called in sick without getting your own shift covered. Everyone just came to work sick because they didn't want occurrences. One girl even passed out at work. It was ridiculous. Another girl I worked with was 9 months pregnant and dilated for days and the management refused to give her a chair. She had to stand through her 8 hour shifts. When the pregnant employees would complain about pains or discomfort, the assistant manager would tell them "If I could do this when I was pregnant, than so can you." Everything was about business needs and there was very little consideration for employees as humans who had lives.

Advice to Senior ManagementI truly believe this job needs to pay more and the staff need to be much more appreciated. It was disappointing leaving all the amazing co-workers, but I just couldn't stand the uncaring and critical management anymore. I also hated the constantly changing schedule. If the staff felt appreciated and rewarded, they would want to stay. The turn over rate is embarrassing.

Senior Plasma Technician

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI had a very clear view of what is expected of me.

ConsIt was a very corporate environment

Philanthropic work, Poor management

Senior Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) Muncie, IN

ProsThe company values it's patients above all else. My coworkers were mostly really great, hardworking people who I still keep in touch with. The donors were also really great to talk to. We were able to pay for my wife's college with the paycheck, and it was really helpful when we needed it.

ConsIt is hard to work for a company that you feel like doesn't respect you as an employee. I have a very loyal personality, and I feel like I was taken advantage of and lied to because of it. I was passed up for promotions because of menial reasons that shouldn't have played a part as well as sexism; I was a better worker than over half of the workers they promoted and many of my coworkers agreed. Not a good situation for me and a few others that I worked with.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more respectful and kind to your employees. Don't promise promotions and not fulfill them. Do not lie outright to your employees.

This is a great stepping stone if you can make it through the swamp of fecal matter

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsBenefits are very good and affordable. Immediate availability of vacation time. You gain amazing skills in quality assurance and control. You have the opportunity to meet several personalities throughout the day.

ConsHours are awful and inconsistent. There are too many leaders who lack the skills to perform such a job. Its a constant battle to get proper direction or leadership. Management is dishonest, extremely prejudice, bias and self serving. They see you as profits first, a number second, and a human being third. The turn overrate is literally over 60% constantly and they are so desperate to hire new bodies they hire the most under-qualified personnel imaginable. They do not take security seriously and will keep important information from you. An example. A donor committed suicide, and kept a journal stating he was going to come and kill 3 specific named individuals and anyone else in his path. The center has received plenty of threats before. The assistant manager simply got scared and went home for the day leaving the rest of us there to work. Management will bully the hell out of you and will never ever behave professional unless it benefits them to do so. Expect them to take things very personal and retaliate against you. They display absolute cowardice and hold no integrity in keeping their word

Advice to Senior ManagementJust shut the center down or start from scratch.

Working at Biolife was a decent experience.

Senior Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) Mentor, OH

ProsAmazing benefits. The pay is decent for an untrained phlebotomist. Biolife loves to hire military veterans. The work is fast paced (if you are on the donor floor or in the lab). The management can be good. If you work hard, are good at your job, and to not partake in the ridiculous amount of gossip that goes on, you will climb the ladder.

ConsThere seems to be some favoritism that goes along with promotions. I saw less qualified personnel advanced over highly qualified, experienced phlebotomists. However, that does happen everywhere. You do not get much of a chance to stay hydrated while working (CLIA laboratory rules). The attendance policy is one of the strictest I've seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to eliminate the gossip, and create a better attendance policy.

Great entry level place for career development

Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsGreat pay and benefits at entry level. Nice tuition reimbursement program.

ConsFMLA program needs to be better defined. Too many employees abuse the program causing shortages in staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementFMLA program needs to be better defined and managed. Too many employees abuse the program causing shortages in staff undue stress on remaining staff.

Worked for Biolife Plasma Services? Contribute to the Community!