Biolife Plasma Services Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
CEO

Pros
  • The benefits are good, in many cases better than even government benefits (in 6 reviews)

• You get a lot of interaction with many people, and the pay is good when you are starting out of school (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • It is hard to get any type of work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• if upper management doesn't like you they will jump at first chance to fire you rather than help you work thru issues (in 5 reviews)

1. Senior Plasma Technician

Former Employee - Senior Plasma Collection Technician in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Plasma Collection Technician in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services (More than a year)

Pros

Motivating team, stay busy, great benefits.

Cons

Work scheduling, dealing with unsatisfied patients.

Horrible

Former Employee - Plasma Center Technician
    Former Employee - Plasma Center Technician

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entry Level and decent pay, but that's it.

Cons

They micro-managed everything including the way you write--how you write 4's, Y's, dates, etc. They have people who go over the charts just to look for things like this and make you correct them if you slip up and write like a normal person. They don't provide pens, but forbid the use of certain pens, as well. The forbidden are gel pens which is understandable, but I had a non-gel pen approved and later forbidden because they thought the ink looked like a gel pen. When I started the job, we had booths to sit in, but we got a new center and then we were only allowed to stand in one place all day with hot lab coats on. When two of our best employees tried to improve conditions, they were called "negative" and fired. This started a chain of firings including management that had been loyal, good workers at the place for years. The place didn't feel safe and moral was in the toilet. I had a nursing background and I found conditions on the floor to be appalling, but management said it was all healthcare approved. The phlebotomists are high school graduates with no training in IV's, blood reactions, or blood and body fluid precautions except the training that was provided at the facility. They're hanging IV fluids with no understanding--which is something even an LPN or some EMT's can't do. One set of gloves is worn until they become bloody or develop a hole so that set of gloves is used from client to client with no washing of hands. The same applies to the technicians in front who are taking vitals and doing labs. You are not allowed to change your gloves between clients due to time constraints. You can never be good at your job because everyone is expected to do things in the exact same way every time and these things are monitored constantly. In addition, policies change weekly, so you must love change.

Advice to Management

Remove the stick; allow your employees to shine.

Horrible Place to Work : THE TURN OVER RATE IS HIGH

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services

Pros

Numerous opportunities to travel within the company. Great job as far as skills that are taught in a medical setting.

Cons

The management and training staff are immature and at times very unprofessional. They lack critical thinking skills and the setting can easily become very chaotic and unorganized. Depending on the supervisor or management (who ever is near) Standard Order of Procedure may vary. Management encourages staff to enforce rules that they don't apply. They start off at 11.25, the work days are exhausting and 5:15-1:15, 11:30-8pm and we work alternating schedules meaning that you open for a week and close the next. SO SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR SLEEP PATTERN. We work holidays except Thanksgiving,Christmas Day and New Years.

Advice to Management

Get retrained. Be considerate of your staff and get on one accord.

Biolife

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services full-time

Pros

Will hire without any experience. All on the job training. Opportunities to move up within the company. Great benefits.

Cons

Not a consistent schedule. Stressful job without needing to be. High turnover rate.

6. Senior Plasma Center Technician

Current Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Ankeny, IA
    Current Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Ankeny, IA

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work with great people. Lots of PTO. Managment is very respectful. Clean environment. Great work culture. Help save lives. Lots of opportunities for advancement. List goes on...

Cons

Inconvenient work schedule (either work very early or very late shifts). Employees tend to have cliques. Competitive environment for promotions. On your feet your entier shift. Short lunch break.

Advice to Management

Work on stopping employee gossip and employee retaliation. Hourly pay should be slightly increased.

7. Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Center Supervisor in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Center Supervisor in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services full-time

Pros

Helping people every day, saving lives. Awesome benefits, health insurance, dental, eye insurance, vacation sick and holiday pay all from first day of employment. Great starting salary and great people to work with.

Cons

Fast paced and can be stressful, so you need to be able to work under these conditions.

8. Great benefits / you work your butt off for them

Current Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Sioux City, IA
    Current Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Sioux City, IA

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits start immediately and the health insurance is to die for (pun intended). Best around.

Cons

Work schedule needs tweaking. That will be changing first of the year. Except to be on your feet all day long. Phlebotomist work their tail off.

Advice to Management

Give 2 10 min breaks instead of 1 15 min. would make BIG difference and would increase productivity.

9. its ok

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services

Pros

i guess it an okay place to work

Cons

management sucks they should be fire

10. mpct

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Scheduling definitely needs some work

11. Senior Plasma Center Technician

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, good pay for what you do, lots of opportunities to move up

Cons

They act like you're just a number, get in trouble for the dumbest things, if you work 30 seconds over 40 hours they will make a huge deal and write you up. they expect this job to be your entire life.

Advice to Management

treat your employees like they matter

RSS Feed </> Embed