Biolife Plasma Services

Updated September 29, 2014
Updated September 29, 2014
2.8

CEO

Pros
  • The benefits are good, in many cases better than even government benefits (in 6 reviews)

• You get a lot of interaction with many people, and the pay is good when you are starting out of school (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Open some holidays and every Saturday making it difficult to have a good work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Upper management decisions which make zero sense (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great

Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician  in  Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Boise, ID

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Environment is awesome, and people are really nice.

Cons

They expect their employees to stay late day after day, witch can be nice sometimes but when their are kids involved staying hours after your shift is expected to be over is uncalled for. They have favorite employees also, and most of them slack, while the hard working employees get no recognition.

Don't get rid of the good employees, watch the Masters!

Horrible

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services

Pros

Only that the pay was competitive

Cons

Management was harassing and hostile. They made unsafe decisions in the name of productivity putting donors and employees at risk.

Take complaints serious and don't falsify documentation.

Dedication and Hard work do not pay off here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits the company offers are excellent. Health insurance benefits are better than most work places, they also offer 401k, life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance and they cover domestic partner's and their children. They offer great discounts with various different companies and services. There is a decent amount of PTO available.

Cons

Poor compensation, almost non existent annual pay increases, shady dishonest management, broken promises. There is a lack of communication between the abundance of management and the employees. Schedules are extremely inconsistent. It is hard to get any type of work/life balance. Management does not care about employees as individuals.

Upper management seems to be blind about what is really happening in the various centers. If they want to reduce the employee turn over rate they should hire more experienced center managers who start treating their employees like they are valued.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not bad for temporary, but this job can be spiritually exhausting

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services

Pros

You get a lot of interaction with many people, and the pay is good when you are starting out of school. Far more money than your average LPN LVN position here.

Cons

The business expects more from their employees than can be expected. This causes a lot of employees to be dissatisfied, but the pay is good enough that some push it out. They don't require certifications for any of their phlebotomists, so many don't have the ability to sustain their lifestyles outside of this company, causing begrudging job lock.

While it is important to grow your business, do not treat your employees as interchangable cogs, with no value. Also, realize that a overwhelming majority of the people that donate plasma are going to come, regardless of your hours. So scheduling employees until late at night is not conducive to either business or morale.

Great place but Stressful

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services

Pros

It is such an excellent feeling knowing that you are helping to save lives! The company is very well respected and the pay, vacation, and benefits are good and they will train you on the job.

Cons

If you can't handle very fast paced job that can at times be quite stressful, then this isn't the job for you. They also don't work with you as far as scheduling. The hours are very all over the place so if you have a family, again this probably wouldn't be the place for you. You also are on your feet 9 hours a day so physically it wears you down.

Biolife is about helping others and helping to save lives, but at what cost to your employees? There are many times that the donors get treated better than the staff. Many of my coworkers are quitting because they were physically pushed to far.

Great Place to work!

Current Employee - Phlebotomist  in  Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

pay is decent for the work, benefits, great morale overall

Cons

stressfull at times when really busy

Keep up the great work!

Fast Paced

Former Employee - Medical Assistant  in  Elkhart, IN
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Elkhart, IN

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked with really great co-workers, available training in MA and Phlebotomy

Cons

Management had their favorites, and if you weren't one of them it was very stressful

Be equal to everyone and give everyone a chance at advancing

BioLife

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services

Pros

Flexible work schedule.
    Rewarding.
    Team oriented.
    Overall a great place to work at if you want to help others on a daily basis.

Cons

Variable work hours.
    Plateau quickly.
    Have to work weekend and will only get one day weekends every other week. Consistency would be nice.

Schedule was awful and very little rewards for good employees

Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician  in  Eau Claire, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Eau Claire, WI

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services part-time

Pros

I enjoyed the job itself and working with customers. I also had great co-workers. The 2 weeks vacation was also nice.

Cons

The schedule was very inconsistent. One day I would work until 8:30 pm and the next day I would have to be back at 5:45 am. There was no routine to the schedule. There was very little rewards or bonuses for doing a good job, but we were nit-picked to death. It was very disheartening seeing the donors constantly getting thousands of dollars in prizes and the company couldn't even give us a decent holiday party. Also, wages were very unfair. I worked there for over 3 years and ended at $12.50 an hour and found out after I quit that a girl that has started about 6 months prior was already at $14 an hour! I couldn't believe it. I worked my butt off and wasn't getting paid what I deserved. Also, I hated that they would give an occurrence if you called in sick without getting your own shift covered. Everyone just came to work sick because they didn't want occurrences. One girl even passed out at work. It was ridiculous. Another girl I worked with was 9 months pregnant and dilated for days and the management refused to give her a chair. She had to stand through her 8 hour shifts. When the pregnant employees would complain about pains or discomfort, the assistant manager would tell them "If I could do this when I was pregnant, than so can you." Everything was about business needs and there was very little consideration for employees as humans who had lives.

I truly believe this job needs to pay more and the staff need to be much more appreciated. It was disappointing leaving all the amazing co-workers, but I just couldn't stand the uncaring and critical management anymore. I also hated the constantly changing schedule. If the staff felt appreciated and rewarded, they would want to stay. The turn over rate is embarrassing.

Senior Plasma Technician

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time

Pros

I had a very clear view of what is expected of me.

Cons

It was a very corporate environment

Biolife Plasma Services Photos

Biolife Plasma Services

+ Add Photo

Worked for Biolife Plasma Services? Contribute to the Community!