Biolife Plasma Services

Updated September 29, 2014
Updated September 29, 2014
2.8

CEO

Pros
  • The benefits are good, in many cases better than even government benefits (in 6 reviews)

• You get a lot of interaction with many people, and the pay is good when you are starting out of school (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Open some holidays and every Saturday making it difficult to have a good work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

• if upper management doesn't like you they will jump at first chance to fire you rather than help you work thru issues (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Philanthropic work, Poor management

Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician  in  Muncie, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Muncie, IN

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company values it's patients above all else. My coworkers were mostly really great, hardworking people who I still keep in touch with. The donors were also really great to talk to. We were able to pay for my wife's college with the paycheck, and it was really helpful when we needed it.

Cons

It is hard to work for a company that you feel like doesn't respect you as an employee. I have a very loyal personality, and I feel like I was taken advantage of and lied to because of it. I was passed up for promotions because of menial reasons that shouldn't have played a part as well as sexism; I was a better worker than over half of the workers they promoted and many of my coworkers agreed. Not a good situation for me and a few others that I worked with.

Be more respectful and kind to your employees. Don't promise promotions and not fulfill them. Do not lie outright to your employees.

This is a great stepping stone if you can make it through the swamp of fecal matter

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are very good and affordable. Immediate availability of vacation time. You gain amazing skills in quality assurance and control. You have the opportunity to meet several personalities throughout the day.

Cons

Hours are awful and inconsistent. There are too many leaders who lack the skills to perform such a job. Its a constant battle to get proper direction or leadership. Management is dishonest, extremely prejudice, bias and self serving. They see you as profits first, a number second, and a human being third. The turn overrate is literally over 60% constantly and they are so desperate to hire new bodies they hire the most under-qualified personnel imaginable. They do not take security seriously and will keep important information from you. An example. A donor committed suicide, and kept a journal stating he was going to come and kill 3 specific named individuals and anyone else in his path. The center has received plenty of threats before. The assistant manager simply got scared and went home for the day leaving the rest of us there to work. Management will bully the hell out of you and will never ever behave professional unless it benefits them to do so. Expect them to take things very personal and retaliate against you. They display absolute cowardice and hold no integrity in keeping their word

Just shut the center down or start from scratch.

Working at Biolife was a decent experience.

Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician  in  Mentor, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Mentor, OH

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time

Pros

Amazing benefits. The pay is decent for an untrained phlebotomist. Biolife loves to hire military veterans. The work is fast paced (if you are on the donor floor or in the lab). The management can be good. If you work hard, are good at your job, and to not partake in the ridiculous amount of gossip that goes on, you will climb the ladder.

Cons

There seems to be some favoritism that goes along with promotions. I saw less qualified personnel advanced over highly qualified, experienced phlebotomists. However, that does happen everywhere. You do not get much of a chance to stay hydrated while working (CLIA laboratory rules). The attendance policy is one of the strictest I've seen.

Work to eliminate the gossip, and create a better attendance policy.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great entry level place for career development

Former Employee - Plasma Center Technician  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Plasma Center Technician in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay and benefits at entry level. Nice tuition reimbursement program.

Cons

FMLA program needs to be better defined. Too many employees abuse the program causing shortages in staff.

FMLA program needs to be better defined and managed. Too many employees abuse the program causing shortages in staff undue stress on remaining staff.

Dedication isn't enough

Former Employee - Center Supervisor
    Former Employee - Center Supervisor

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Health benefits and friendly co workers.

Cons

Processes constantly changing
    Corporate management doesn't bother with everyday employees
    No job security....if upper management doesn't like you they will jump at first chance to fire you rather than help you work thru issues. So no loyalty,trust or respect. One regional manager is Mormon so your job is secure in his region if you are too

Religion should not play a factor in retaining employees. Don't dismiss valued employees who just need some help.

It is good

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services full-time

Pros

They do a great job accommodating to a persons schedules and the people there are so friendly.

Cons

They don't really give room for advancement until your first year in the company.

Pretty good, I have made some pretty great friends there.

Current Employee - Master Plasma Center Technician
    Current Employee - Master Plasma Center Technician

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are great, it's a fast pace environment, donors are friendly

Cons

Some days are pretty hectic

Have to understand the buisness to acknowledge the great Job

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services

Pros

Had a great mentor, the staff (the most of the time) was a good staff and didnt need much direction to do their job properly and efficiently

Cons

Upper management could have used some work in talking and relating to employees, some employees were allowed a little to much leniency that shouldnt have been tolerated

Rewarding

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fond du Lac, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fond du Lac, WI

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Culture of continuous improvement
    -Involve all employee levels in decision making
    -Understand the importance of integrity when making decisions
    -Actually making a difference in the lives of others who need our product

Cons

-Extremely difficult to manage a work/life balance, specifically when the job expectations require quality at a high rate of production

-Improve on reward and recognition..

Horrible place to work if your looking for a decent work/life balance

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services

Pros

I've worked with some great people.
    Very high standards of quality.
    Producing high quality plasma for thousands of people in need of life saving medicines.

Cons

Biolife continues to open up it's hours of operation in order to collect more plasma, expecting its employees to work even more inconsistent schedules.
    The pay doesn't reflect the job expectations, which is exactly why so many great people leave.

Biolife Plasma Services Photos

Biolife Plasma Services

+ Add Photo

Worked for Biolife Plasma Services? Contribute to the Community!