Biolife Plasma Services Reviews

Reset

Good company, bad bosses

Former Employee - Plasma Center Technician in Fargo, ND
    Former Employee - Plasma Center Technician in Fargo, ND

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits like good insurance, disability pay, tuition reimbursement. Decent pay and PTO

Cons

Standing all the time at work. Mean co-workers, bosses breathing down your shoulder all the time.

Advice to Management

Don't encourage people who tell on each other - That's how you lost your best employees.

2. Great job but busy to the extreme.

Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Appleton, WI

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services

Pros

Lots of room for advancement for ambitious and hard working individuals. The best health benefits you will ever find. I loved our management. We have monthly meetings that were fun, showing us all of our numbers and recognizing those who are doing a good job. You can move up fast if you continuously show initiative.

Cons

Staff extremely overworked when busy. You start off in medical history, which is insanely easy, just repetitive but can be fun, then most advance into phlebotomy after a few months, where a lot of workers realize after being fully trained, that they can't handle it. The extreme pace of donors and the nasty problems that arise (donors getting sick or blood spill etc) make the job terrible some days. There are a lot of times where you work till 10pm and then have to be back by 5:30am. (you get 5 hours of sleep if you're lucky)

Advice to Management

Management is wonderful, actually.

3. WORST managed company I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - ASPCT in Layton, UT
    Former Employee - ASPCT in Layton, UT

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees (not all) are awesome and donor are fun to interact with.
    Good benefits.

Cons

I had previously worked here for almost 2 1/2 years and have never been employed with a company who cares so little about their employees. Very little pay for extreme amounts of work. Have to work almost every Saturday, you will get scheduled to close till 9:00 then open the next day at 4:45. Management sits in their office while employees drown in work. You a lot of the time go to lunch either 1 hour into your shift or 6 hours into your shift with no extra break. You aren't allowed to go to the bathroom when needed (usually takes 3-4 times of asking before accommodation), you actually have to ask to even go to the bathroom, resulting in health problems (this is for more than a handful of employees), you constantly are being micro-managed with every step you take, literally.

Advice to Management

When employees are drowning and being overwhelmed with work, actually play the role of a leader and help them rather than stand there and micro-manage their every move. Ensure the host is actually aware of their surroundings and each section to send a donor to a phlebotomist who is prepared rather than sending the donor to the first section they see, so you're not overwhelming your employees. Masters are the highest paying position without being a supervisor, so ensure they fulfill the role of being a leader and not standing/bossing others around.

5. Has its ups and downs

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services

Pros

Great benefits - health insurance, life insurance, paid holidays and vacation days. Great pay.
    It's very easy to move up the ladder, but difficult to stay on it.

Cons

Management will never tell you the truth about anything.
    They will not work with your schedule for school or children.
    Management plays favorites on all levels - if they like you, you will advance. If they don't like you, just quit now because you will never change their minds. Certain rules apply to some people and not to others.

Advice to Management

Grow up. Embrace openness. Tell people the truth about everything. Offer opportunities and help for personal growth. Personally train people to be the way you expect them to be.

6. These people need to learn that family/work life needs to balance...

Current Employee - Pct in Sheboygan, WI
    Current Employee - Pct in Sheboygan, WI

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have heard that the benifits are good, but since I started at the begining of the month, I have yet to get a check or help in my benifit choices.

Cons

Over 3 weeks on the job and yet to get a paycheck. I have been trying to get someone, anyone, to help me with a change of address since I freakin started! Everything is computerized, and half the time the computers are out of service. They can change your schedule whenever they want and it is your responsibility to make it work. And split shifts are common, after you are hired...

7. Too much work for too little money. Great place to work if you have no life outside of work.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great commitment to donor satisfaction. Training is typically thorough. Benefits are decent. Great if you like to kiss butt and want to climb the ladder - especially if you're experienceless.

Cons

No work life balance. Center leadership team can be disconnected with workplace reality. Non center leadership team more concerned about being politically correct - Practice what you preach just went out the door...

8. We don't care

Current Employee - Plasma Center Technician in Mounds View, MN
    Current Employee - Plasma Center Technician in Mounds View, MN

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services

Pros

Can`t think of any pros.

Cons

We treat people like assembly line. Fake smiles. And back stabbers.

9. Great place for a foot in the door or a life long career.

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services

Pros

Internal promotion, flexible scheduling, great benefits.

Cons

Too easy to get an "occurance". Limited assigned tasks until properly trained, which can take a while.

No balance between home life/work

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay scale, lots of hard workers-being a phlebotomist at BioLife is a very high stress job

Cons

work-life balance, treat employees like numbers not people, hard to be promoted, upper management doesn't see the big picture

Advice to Management

Care about your employees and maybe they won't keep leaving

11. It was fun at the beginning. I was a PCR/NAT technicain

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services

Pros

Nice pay, great shifts, fun people, rewarding experience as far as helping others and having a purpose, free popcorn and coffee

Cons

Horrible managment, they show favortism, dishonest company, they only care about making money and not the individual, they will bend the rules for individuals who they like and advance those employees

Advice to Management

Stand firm on the rules, don't just bend them for individuals you like.

RSS Feed </> Embed