www.biolifeplasma.com

Updated September 29, 2014
Updated September 29, 2014
2.8

CEO

Pros
  • The benefits are good, in many cases better than even government benefits (in 6 reviews)

• You get a lot of interaction with many people, and the pay is good when you are starting out of school (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Open some holidays and every Saturday making it difficult to have a good work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Upper management decisions which make zero sense (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

6 years of experience in a regulated environment...That's all I took away

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I spent years working 40,50,60 and even the occasional 70 hour work week. The only form of gratitude I received was the overtime on the pay check. And OT is each required by or banned entirely, depending on the year.
    Now, what I did walk away with is a strong understanding of regulatory compliance.

Cons

-Completely inconsistent between the 12 regions
    -Typical HR responses when an employee files complaints, so not all bad but they are there to defend the company
    -Local management on all levels does not last for very long. But some of management is very good.
    -Hours vary by facility, but I have experience more obnoxiously horrible then pleasant.

Absolutely Horrible

Current Employee - Sample Prep/Phlebotomy
    Current Employee - Sample Prep/Phlebotomy

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They have a decent benefit package for their employees. Not much else going on.

Cons

They overwork you, their understaffed and don't care about their employee's well-being. They told me straight out I couldn't get moved up in the center because I was a male. Apparently they felt they could only move women up because they needed males for the heavy lifting jobs. The management there is terrible as they disregard any doctor's orders for weight and time restrictions. They don't care and will force you to do whatever they say and then write you up whenever you make any little mistake. They show now respect for their employees and everyone says they can't wait to leave as soon as they come into work.

They will also sell the job to you in your interview and then put you in a completely different position with lower pay once given the job.

Hire people for management with an education and some experience on running a workplace. Have respect for your employees and don't treat them like trash.

Excellent company to work for

Former Employee - Donor Processor in Clarksburg, WV
    Former Employee - Donor Processor in Clarksburg, WV

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, excellent management, good work hours, excellent training

Cons

There really was nothing bad

Keep up the good work!

I like my job.

Current Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Denton, TX

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Saving lifes. Looks great on paper.

Cons

Not much. Except good bye social life.

none

Lean Green Belt

Current Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Findlay, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Findlay, OH

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Exposure to lean management skill

Cons

very limited upward mobility, supervisors sometimes in position for years

I enjoy my career

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services full-time

Pros

I enjoy working with the staff, they are kind and helpful. I look forward to going to work. Pay is good. Occasional bonuses are nice.

Cons

I do not have any complaints.

Only a few weeks and im out

Former Employee - Plasma Center Technician in Mentor, OH
    Former Employee - Plasma Center Technician in Mentor, OH

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I really liked the donor's and knowing that I was doing something to help others. Didn't have enough time there to get any of the benefits (health & other)

Cons

Trainer was about 12 years younger than me, very rude & the attitude of "Im better than you" &she had only been there for a few months when i started suppose to know SOP's with in the two weeks I was there. Asking questions was wrong, everyone was my boss, A lot of employees were rude to donor's (snobby) especially receptionist, some employees could stand around and do nothing while others would work, when was confronted about some things that my trainer said was ok to do - I got in trouble even though your "suppose to listen to trainer at all times" also a fellow employee told me she felt like she was in a cult, & EVERYONE is your boss

I think you need to open your eyes and pay attention to what is going on with your other employees - NOT just the one's you like, you have camera's to watch your employees use them to see who does NOTHING and gets away with it

High demands, no life

Current Employee - Advanced Plasma Center Tech in Sheboygan, WI
    Current Employee - Advanced Plasma Center Tech in Sheboygan, WI

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great insurance and benifits. Good pay

Cons

Incredibly busy center, high stress levels. No constant in scheduling. Center management is lazy and not helpful. Staff morale is super low. Short staffed and management asks to much of the already stressed staff. Maybe they should pull 12 hr shifts......

Get a clue! Be helpful. If there is a waiting list no one should be in their office, at that point it should be all hands on deck. That seems only obvious.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Plasma Center Technician in Cheyenne, WY
    Current Employee - Plasma Center Technician in Cheyenne, WY

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to promote

Cons

Constantly in training for every part of the job.

Be consistent

Very nice company to work for

Current Employee - Plasma Center Technician in Mount Pleasant, MI
    Current Employee - Plasma Center Technician in Mount Pleasant, MI

I have been working at Biolife Plasma Services part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, management cares, excellent opportunity for advancement, great benefits and pay is competitive. Management is organized and care about employees.

Cons

In order to move to upper management relocation is probably necessary.

Biolife Plasma Services Photos