Biomat

Add Photos

Shinji Wada

Pays the bills

Phlebotomist (Former Employee)

Prosnot that much expected of you, overtime expected at times, performance reviews can net a raise, 401k match, good health benefits, never struggle to get 40 hours a week, closed sundays

Conshard to move into other positions, pay isn't great, employs a lot of entry level employees who get their training in and move on to other workplaces

Advice to Senior Managementstop the holiday hours, put employees first, develop employees who show potential, don't forget to continuously strive to make yourself better--not just your employees

Committed to training

Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsThe company is clearly committed to training and compliance with regulations as they have two training academies that they send management or dedicated floor staff to attend. The company seems to promote from within so growth potential is there if you can get by with the starting salary.

ConsI felt the pay was semi-low being a new college graduate (BS in Health Science)

They are a good place to work if your enrty level. But they dont pay well for experienced employees.

Phlebotomist (Current Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsGood employee benefits, PTO, and company advancement from within. Also with so many centers worldwide the is a great amount of employee travel if your interested.

ConsThey dont pay very well and have horrible raises! Also can be very dangerous because alot of the donors are hard up for money and desperate, they definately need security!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop throwing employees under the bus for your own advancement and realize that we are also a very important piece of the equation!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worth the training.

Phlebotomist (Former Employee) Kennewick, WA

ProsA great place to get training as a phlebotomist. There really is no other reason to work there, except to save yourself anywhere from $500 to $1500 on a phlebotomy program. The benefits are great, I recall a 100% tuition reimbursement program but I don't remember if/what the limit was. Communication between management and employees was great - the corporate structure ensures that. Most managers are great. Great place to learn, if you can get a full unit of plasma out of a tiny vein with a 16 gauge needle, you'll be set to be a phlebotomist elsewhere. Be prepared to be part of a team - 6 or 7 phlebotomists collecting 30 units all at once, teaches you to stay on your toes. Co-workers are GREAT at helping you fix a stick.

ConsHORRIBLE PAY. At my second interview the general manager said "I can do a LOT better than minimum wage!" Then offered me ten cents an hour more than minimum wage. Long hours sometimes, always on your feet, and sometimes you have to deal with some really skeezy "donors" who are only donating so they can buy a bottle (or worse). Some people are just down on their luck, but I'd say at least half had less than desirable qualities.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou make a huge profit off the drugs made from the plasma, the donors receive money for their time, and the medical supervisors get decent pay - maybe you ought to look at the employees on the floor, in the lab, and in the donor room? They're the ones doing the majority of the work. They deserve better.

Bio-mat. Pros and cons from my point of view

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsIf you are in need of employment it is very easy to get hired here. Train in lab, phlebotomy or front office w/o the need for pricey school or certification programs.

ConsIt's so easy to get hired here because of the lack of talent, tact and professionalism of those already employed by this company. There were few very nice and genuine people who I worked with, but not nearly enough to compensate for the rude, trash talking 'stuck in high school' crowd that overpowered this workplace. Also, the lack of professionalism could cost you your LIFE! There were many time I caught employees throwing sharps into regular waste baskets! I would never want to set foot through those doors again.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe fraternization that happens here is sickening and make for an unpleasant environment. Watch for employees not disposing of equipment correctly, eventually you will get sued for their laziness.

Was a great experience

Senior Researcher (Former Employee)

ProsGood ambient, good people, freedom to research that you want

ConsThe low Salary, bad actualization of their equipment,

Poor management, shady workers.

Phlebotomist (Former Employee)

ProsDecent pay for people with at least a year's experience.
    Some donors were nice to talk to.
    Some co-workers became friends.

ConsManagement spent most of shifts browsing the internet or playing on their phones.
    Management constantly taking breaks.
    Management promising the same things to multiple people.
    People that were promoted were not competent, and often had power trips.
    Supervisors often talked about how they got paid to sit around.
    All around, staff were lazy, and felt entitled to do whatever they pleased, instead of working as a group, and making the workplace better for all.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your high horse and realize that staff morale is low, and it's because you display on a daily basis that you don't care, and play favorites, and are being paid more than double line staff salary, and doing half the work.

Horrible I would never recommend working here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery easy to hired someone who has only been in fast food could get a job here no problem.
    Medical benefits are really good .
    The medical supervisors that are there are really great people to work with.

ConsFirst thing is starting pay I took a 7$ hourly pay cut when I started working here they start you out for around 9-10$ hourly which for someone who is not previously trained or certified in reception phlebotomy or lab is ok but even if you are certified it wont matter your paid just the same as someone who has never had any previous medical training.
    All the centers I worked at were extremely low staffed so we were always there very late working 10hr or longer shifts and then made to take longer lunches, coming in late or leaving early so we wouldn't be allowed to have overtime. Even though were working very hard and earned the overtime hours.
    Management is very biased and would pick favorites.There were several staff members that would show up to work late everyday and then get to leave early while making others work later, If someone they weren't as fond of showed up late they would be written up immediately. This also goes if there were any type of employee problems such as someone not getting along cutting corners and safety precautions to get procedures done quicker. If a favorite was doing these things there were no consequence's as if another was it was a automatic written warning which wasn't fair because alot of newer employee's were trained to do things these ways. In my case I had problems with trainers leads and management due to all these issues Im a very quiet person and through out my employment there I was being harassed, targeted and bullied I always brought issues to management in a very professional manner only to have management go and tell the persons I had issues with and then allow those persons to curse me out and yell at me in front of other staff and donors. Not to mention most of the staff smoke pot and come to work high and management knows it happens and has done nothing about it.
    One of the centers I was working at was not a very high volume center but we were always there late and busy due to the way management and leads had us working. it was very unorganized and the leads and management were VERY VERY LAZY . while everyone else was working hard to try and get things done leads were joking around talking to management and quality about what they were doing that night or for the weekend . most of management was in the facility manager's office joking around laughing and playing games. this was all day they would rarely help us when it got busy and even when they did they would only be there for about 20 min get frustrated and overwhelmed and go back into the FM office or pretend to be doing something in the stock room so they diddent have to help us.
    Overall the pay is not worth it your going to be working all the time and pretty much have no time with your family or friends because of the hours they will have you working any center you go to is going to be very clicky just like in high school no matter how severe a problem is if its with a favorite employee management will do nothing but make it worse for you. your going to be sick tired exhausted and stressed out all the time. Its just not a good place to work hope this helped !

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is nothing I could say that would make them change the way they work. Corporate needs to make some surprise visits and random drug test there employee's more frequently

Filfilling

Quality Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsValuable work experience in this field

ConsNot too many avenues to advance

Grifols, Inc Biomat USA - Great Company!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBe proud that your work makes a difference in peoples lives. This is a large, stable company that cares about people and employees.

ConsWork is under tough regulation. Be prepared to do things by the book! This is actually a good thing because it ensures that the products are safe.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love the recognition you give to employees and your desire to have nice facilities to work in. Keep up the good work! Happy employees are good employees.

Worked for Biomat? Contribute to the Community!