Biomat

Updated November 5, 2014
2.3

Shinji Wada

Great benefits

I worked at Biomat (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits and people (staff & donors)

Cons

Work life balance and extensive hours.

Stop micro managing

WORSE THEN WALMART

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Frederick, MD

I worked at Biomat full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The donors abs the fact I was helping someone help someone in need! And you get phlebotomy experience!

Cons

Management
    Hours
    Corporate
    And the fact all they care about is the money they get from the product!

QUIT ABUSING YOUR POWER!

Nightmare

Former Employee - Anonymous in Nash, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Nash, TX

I worked at Biomat

Pros

Interaction with SOME of the co workers and donors can be positive.

Cons

Lack of competent managers (CQM,CM,OS etc.) And promotions are based on who you have 'dirt on' or who you have slept with and not who deserves it. The hours constantly change and they expect you not to have a life outside of Biomat. The pto accrual is awful and the pay is worse. High stress job and no support from divisional management. The employees that are the bad apples are working and the good/loyal ones are allowed to just walk away or pushed away by management. I could go on but.

It's bad from the top -down/it started from you. Now its all bad.

No life!! Forget making plans

Former Employee - Medical Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Medical Supervisor in Houston, TX

I worked at Biomat full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Interacting with donors.. Decent pay.. Sunday off... Close to home; no interstate traffic jam to and from work!

Cons

Never know when you're getting off!! No beaks.. Lunches are last on managers priority list!!

Take care of your employees and they will go that extra mile!!

Pays the bills

Former Employee - Phlebotomist
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist

I worked at Biomat full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

not that much expected of you, overtime expected at times, performance reviews can net a raise, 401k match, good health benefits, never struggle to get 40 hours a week, closed sundays

Cons

hard to move into other positions, pay isn't great, employs a lot of entry level employees who get their training in and move on to other workplaces

stop the holiday hours, put employees first, develop employees who show potential, don't forget to continuously strive to make yourself better--not just your employees

Committed to training

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor

I have been working at Biomat full-time

Pros

The company is clearly committed to training and compliance with regulations as they have two training academies that they send management or dedicated floor staff to attend. The company seems to promote from within so growth potential is there if you can get by with the starting salary.

Cons

I felt the pay was semi-low being a new college graduate (BS in Health Science)

They are a good place to work if your enrty level. But they dont pay well for experienced employees.

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Biomat

Pros

Good employee benefits, PTO, and company advancement from within. Also with so many centers worldwide the is a great amount of employee travel if your interested.

Cons

They dont pay very well and have horrible raises! Also can be very dangerous because alot of the donors are hard up for money and desperate, they definately need security!

Stop throwing employees under the bus for your own advancement and realize that we are also a very important piece of the equation!

Worth the training.

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Kennewick, WA
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Kennewick, WA

I worked at Biomat

Pros

A great place to get training as a phlebotomist. There really is no other reason to work there, except to save yourself anywhere from $500 to $1500 on a phlebotomy program. The benefits are great, I recall a 100% tuition reimbursement program but I don't remember if/what the limit was. Communication between management and employees was great - the corporate structure ensures that. Most managers are great. Great place to learn, if you can get a full unit of plasma out of a tiny vein with a 16 gauge needle, you'll be set to be a phlebotomist elsewhere. Be prepared to be part of a team - 6 or 7 phlebotomists collecting 30 units all at once, teaches you to stay on your toes. Co-workers are GREAT at helping you fix a stick.

Cons

HORRIBLE PAY. At my second interview the general manager said "I can do a LOT better than minimum wage!" Then offered me ten cents an hour more than minimum wage. Long hours sometimes, always on your feet, and sometimes you have to deal with some really skeezy "donors" who are only donating so they can buy a bottle (or worse). Some people are just down on their luck, but I'd say at least half had less than desirable qualities.

You make a huge profit off the drugs made from the plasma, the donors receive money for their time, and the medical supervisors get decent pay - maybe you ought to look at the employees on the floor, in the lab, and in the donor room? They're the ones doing the majority of the work. They deserve better.

Bio-mat. Pros and cons from my point of view

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Biomat

Pros

If you are in need of employment it is very easy to get hired here. Train in lab, phlebotomy or front office w/o the need for pricey school or certification programs.

Cons

It's so easy to get hired here because of the lack of talent, tact and professionalism of those already employed by this company. There were few very nice and genuine people who I worked with, but not nearly enough to compensate for the rude, trash talking 'stuck in high school' crowd that overpowered this workplace. Also, the lack of professionalism could cost you your LIFE! There were many time I caught employees throwing sharps into regular waste baskets! I would never want to set foot through those doors again.

The fraternization that happens here is sickening and make for an unpleasant environment. Watch for employees not disposing of equipment correctly, eventually you will get sued for their laziness.

Was a great experience

Former Employee - Senior Researcher
    Former Employee - Senior Researcher

I worked at Biomat

Pros

Good ambient, good people, freedom to research that you want

Cons

The low Salary, bad actualization of their equipment,