Biomerieux USA

Add Photos

Jean-Luc Bélingard

Good company

I have been working at Biomerieux USA full-time

ProsGood benefits. Diverse workforce that comes from everywhere in the world. A huge portion of even the American employees have at least traveled overseas.

ConsCurrent site has growing pains with a lot of new employees. There are a lot of issues that need to be resolved and improved upon for the site to be successful. The cultural clash between Americans and the large number of French that come here to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a eye on some current management, and don't be afraid to hold them accountable if their performance isn't up to par.

I would also be cautious about just throwing people from France into American offices. It seems like it causes a lot of communication and cultural issues in facilities, and both of these are very important for an organization to thrive internally. I've noticed verbal and written communications issues because of coming from another country with a different language. While this is fine if you just work on the floor, it can be an issue if you are in higher level management positions.

Need improvement in management

I have been working at Biomerieux USA full-time for more than 10 years

ProsVacation time, flexible working hours. Great products, corporate investment to the site.

Conssalary not competitive, often overloaded work turns to working after working hours or weekends. Many good performance employees are overlooked. Depending too much on the outside "talents", high turnover rate.

Advice to Senior Managementbe critical and fair to everyone, take responsibility, not just assign responsibilities

Continuous capacity and management expansion and turnover.

I have been working at Biomerieux USA full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat opportunities for applying solutions to high speed manufacturing and packaging technologies. Corporate sponsorship for new capacity projects allows for long term growth at facility. Great vacation benefits.

ConsHigh employee turnover rates at all levels. High project loading per engineer necessitates not using your vacation days and working weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage project loading for employees.

Excellent product quality.

Microbiology Business Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Biomerieux USA full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompany with high quality of instruments and solutions.

ConsIt is a French company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLevel of micro management is too high.

Very Positive

Vice President (Current Employee)

I have been working at Biomerieux USA full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt has the usual conflicts between cultures in France and the US, but overall, very positive and ethical company. I really did enjoy working there.

ConsDecision-making can be drawn out as the US side is a subsidiary, and not corporate.

Very disappointed. Too many layoffs, too little support, unhappy employees

ProsSalaries and Life saving products

ConsHigh turnover rate. Employees undervalued and overworked. Very litte support, structure, and training. I have seen people work weekends and long hours, and after doing all that, they get laid off. New management does not listen and does not care about employee happiness. Managers have very little knowledge of day to day operations, and keep expecting to accomplish more with less people and training.

If they do not like you, they will find a way to get you out regardless of performance. Purging personnel will not fix your problems. I have seen this strategy many times, looking for the quick fix. I have never seen it work. Value and develop the employees you have.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-read your company principles. Employees are not being treated as your greatest asset.

Black Listed for being educated...

Training Specialist (Former Employee)
Hazelwood, MO

I worked at Biomerieux USA full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExcellent wage, and great benefits. Overall, a nice place to work. A business dedicated to saving lives, all over the world.

ConsCorporate office had great management and communication with employees. However, the manufacturing facility managers' were egotistical, and could not be trusted. You were either in the clique, or definitely treated like an outsider.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to display resentment toward employees who are in pursuit of higher learning. The company has a generous reimbursement plan, but when the employee starts working towards advanced degrees, they tend to be shunned by upper management.

It's above average in the region

I have been working at Biomerieux USA

ProsIt has good medical package and pension. Employees can be flexible in working hours if justified. New employee has 4 weeks of vacation to start with.

ConsIt seems to give lower salary compared to others in the region. The cafeteria food is not that great. The working environment between people within the department is cooperative.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management should get to understand more (not just know) about the people doing daily work and use necessary tools for motivation. Surveying employees opinions is the right direction.

TOXIC

Purchasing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Biomerieux USA

ProsGreat products that save lives

ConsFrench are extremely cheap. Do not expect your annual salary increase above 1%, no matter how good you did in your review. Cannot make decisions without consulting with France and they take forever.
Revolving door and toxic environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop more products!

Never given any guidance...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Biomerieux USA

ProsGood compensation, very nice facility.

ConsAbsolutely no guidance provided. Company overhired then overfired, back and forth...

Worked for Biomerieux USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Biomerieux USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Biomerieux USA CEO Jean-Luc BĂ©lingard . All 17 reviews posted anonymously by Biomerieux USA employees.