Birch Family Services

Add Photos

Gerald F. Maurer, Ph.D

Excitiing

Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) Brooklyn, NY

ProsDiverse workforce and opportunity for job advancement, as well as their stellar reputation in the field of innovative programs for individual with developmental disabilities are unequal.

ConsReady for challenges and must be dynamic

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter option for staff in the area of heath care coverage.

Great beginner job

ProsIndividuals, Time off, Plenty overtime

ConsPoor benefits package, No raises

Unprofessional atmosphere and disorganized

Teacher (Former Employee) Bronx, NY

ProsMost staff members are great people and fun to work with. I had fun each day. It was a great first experience.

ConsSalary is very low and no room for advancement unless you leave. My first six months there were great but admin did not appreciate my hard work and did not support me. It was dangerous for the staff and the children.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect and demand that others do the same. Listen to them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Destroyed my career

Administration (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsA lot of days off

Consbad benefits, weak management, bad culture, no advancement opportunities, favoritism, discrimination and could go on

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the organization's mission and also focus on fair practices when it comes to the way you treat your employees. Reviews should not be just negative....

Looking to Move On

Manager (Current Employee) Brooklyn, NY

ProsCaring workers who try to do the best for the people we serve.

ConsPoor leadership. Yelling and pointing fingers is the communication norm. Low employee morale

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by exampe

Disorganized, bureaucratic, but one of the largest & oldest NGOs in NYC

Coordinator (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsBFS has passionate employees at their school and community sites. Many of the co-workers at the main office were very kind. The location of the main office central and less than a few blocks from Penn Station; making the commute for people who lived outside the city easier.

ConsAll departments seemed extremely disorganized and very reactive instead of proactive. There seemed to be no method of healthy conflict resolution and several of the executive management used yelling as a way to communicate to their staff members.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire HR staff that is more proactive and doesn't just throw parties once a month and shows more appreciation for the hard work of the teachers, community managers and the administrators.

interesting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe experience and patience you learn.

ConsSome days can be challenging

Advice to Senior Managementno comment

Worked for Birch Family Services? Contribute to the Community!