BirdDog

Updated November 24, 2014
Updated November 24, 2014
4.0

Todd Skokan

Great company, great product, and great employees!

Current Employee - Recruiting Consultant in Urbandale, IA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Consultant in Urbandale, IA

I have been working at BirdDog full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It is great to work for a company that has a great product that their employees truly believe in! We all work as ONE TEAM and support each other through the highs and lows! We all have have a say in advancements to the product and our opinion truly matters!

Cons

We are a rapidly growing company, so many changes come with that. But, we all are able to express our opinion for changes we would like to see/things that should stay the same.

We have great management at BirdDog! They treat each employee with respect and really cater to our individual needs.

BirdDog Response

Jan 22, 2015Marketing

We're glad you're enjoying being a part of the BirdDog team! We couldn't have the success that we do without the great people we have, so thank you!

Productive and fun workplace with a great company culture!

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Urbandale, IA
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Urbandale, IA

I have been working at BirdDog full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy coming to work everyday because of the people. We are in the business of recruiting the best talent and helping our customers to do the same. Each individual continues to take this company to the next level, and presents passion and dedication with the road map of this company.

Close knit team, Casual dress, coffee, snacks and beverages provided. We have monthly company meetings to discuss whats to come. We have floating holidays where the CEO can choose non-holiday "days" to close the office. IE this year for Black Friday we are closing the office, this way you can save your PTO!!

The types of individuals that fit within the company culture are ambitious, passionate, team players. The opportunity to collaborate and be a part of some of the directions the company as a whole keeps everyday interesting.

Great pay and benefits, I would highly recommend this employer to anyone looking for a smaller company focused on high growth!!

Cons

The company is rapidly growing and with that there are always adjustments that need to be made. Leadership is aware of the pain points and is working to address them. Normal growth stuff.

Tuition Reimbursement would be amazing!!

Family of Great People Supporting Each Other to Make a Business Really Grow!

Current Employee - Sales in Urbandale, IA
    Current Employee - Sales in Urbandale, IA

I have been working at BirdDog full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone helps everyone. Very transparent company from the top to the bottom. I feel close with all of my coworkers and in turn, we are able to make our business grow exponentially. Birthdays, anniversaries, and success is really celebrated here. More importantly, our business outlook is incredibly positive. We all believe in our solutions that's what really makes BirdDog work so well.

Cons

With every business that grows, new steps are put in place to streamline activity/growth. It takes hard work to execute on processes, but it's necessary.

Keep up the great positive reinforcement and transparency!

Open Minds & Solid Product

I have been working at BirdDog

Pros

Leadership is very open minded and open to hearing different strategies and approaches in the direction of the company. It is great having the freedom to work independently or pull on anyone from the team to help get the job done. Flexible hours to take off early and make up your time later in the week a nice touch and go a long way. Individual goals are attainable and everyone is upfront with one another on what is needed to be successful which is refreshing. Several work sponsored events and volunteer opportunities throughout the year bring the team together with exceptional employees being formally recognized in meetings all year.

Cons

SaaS solution is in constant development to meet customer demands and can make it a bit difficult to keep up with updates and testing properly. The company has made such huge strides in service, leadership and revenue growth in recent past, handling adversity in growth and some stretch goals could prove to be the biggest challenge in such an evolving organization.

Continue to have a great pulse on what your team thinks and needs to help them be a successful asset to the company. Continuous improvement can come in reducing some of the confusion around evolving roles and overlapping tasks through more communication and discussion.

What a difference a year makes!

I have been working at BirdDog full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company is set to do amazing things. There has been an amazing amount of change in the last year, but it has been great. The change is what has been needed and the career opportunities, company direction, and your role with the organization is clearly identified. Everything I was told in my interview is true. The transparency that the executive team brings is refreshing and gives a clear indication of where the business is heading and why and I am excited to be on this ride. The great news is there are a lot of rewards in place and it is has been fun.

Cons

There is a lot to do, but that's what makes it exciting.

Keep doing what you are doing and do more of it. Can we find a way to do it faster? I am ready to go!

Glad I took a chance

I have been working at BirdDog full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I could bore you with listing out all the “Pros” of being a part of the BirdDog team, and doing so would not describe the atmosphere properly. Boring is not BirdDog at all. We thrive in a fast paced environment with rewarding outcomes. When arriving at BirdDog each day I know I will be surrounded by brilliant and positive people who support me to be successful; in turn, this builds a team which is driven to be the best. I personally get to work with the sales and technical team, which is something I have not experienced working at other larger companies. Since joining BirdDog I have been able to advance my knowledge in different areas and this knowledge is invaluable to me as a person who strives to do the best at my assignment.

Cons

The number one con would be “my waist line”. Our environment is based on rewards and team bonding. We have team lunches, pot lucks, and celebratory meals. All of these allow us to take time away from our desk to laugh, enjoy the company of one another, and hear about the success of each division. At major corporations they have the typical parties or department meetings. At BirdDog we are “all one team” no matter which specialty we bring to the company.

Continue the vision of change you have shown us for our future. Continue thinking of new ideas to help us be successful and challenging us to strive to be better as an overall person and co-workers. Keep telling us how important we are and “never” let us feel what major corporations tell their employees “Everyone is replaceable”.

Best place to work - Great Culture, Great People, Great Software!

I have been working at BirdDog (more than a year)

Pros

The people are fantastic! From the new leadership that truly values the employees, to the sales team that are excited and creating new opportunities, to the support team that really cares about the customers - BirdDog has the best people!

Cons

All the food and drinks that are regularly provided are hard on the belt size! Luckily, there is a gym close that co-workers love to go to together!

Keep up the great work! The vision for the future of BirdDog is bright and I couldn't be happier to be a part of it!

My Favorite Job, Ever!

I have been working at BirdDog full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Management is open to ideas and easy to communicate with. My input is asked for frequently. My co-workers are passionate about their work, positive, collaborative, and just awesome at what they do. This is a true team atmosphere, where every voice is heard. I'm not only doing the kind of work that I love, I get to do it with great people and where the management appreciates me.

Cons

Well, there IS a pretty serious caffeine addiction here. Management doesn't seem to notice or care how quickly the free pop and Keurig coffee flies out of the break room, so they are total enablers. Seriously, though, I don't have any. Even when I need to work on something out of my comfort zone (which is both exciting and makes me a little nervous), I feel I have a safety net of a CEO who will help me as needed and co-workers who support my efforts.

Thank you SO much for creating such a positive, energizing, collaborative place to work! It's a pleasure to be here every day.

Innovative SAAS Company

I have been working at BirdDog full-time

Pros

What I enjoy most about BirdDog is the company culture. The "team" support is like nothing I have ever experienced in previous positions. People are passionate about the product and are dedicated to growth of the product offerings.

If you like to be a part of the growth in an organization, and you enjoy sharing ideas that actually impact future decisions - this would be the place for you. If you are driven to succeed you are around like minded professionals.

The management style is very much strengthening and empowering the employees. Hierarchy is non existent. You are cultivated to grow, with any small company you have more opportunity to see a project from start to finish.

Cons

BirdDog is a software company, therefore change is inevitable. It doesn't really bother me, however I have seen others not enjoy change.

Keep up with the changes, we like being a part of the growth.The current transparency is refreshing. New marketing strategies are very exciting!

Growing SaaS Company. Doing all the right things in recruiting software. Amazing opportunity!

I have been working at BirdDog full-time

Pros

New, innovative and engaged leadership.
    Hard work is acknowledged (often) and rewarded (monthly).
    Great team environment- access to people you need, when you need them.
    Strong focus on customer satisfaction that equals raving fans and amazing testimonials (when was the last time you worked for a company that was receiving multiple testimonials a week?).
    Great partner strategy, very partner friendly.
    Nice west side location.

Cons

As at any software company, change is constant. If you are easily frustrated by change or a fast paced environment, this might not be the best fit for you.

BirdDog Photos

Cheers to the New Year! BirdDog wishes you all a happy and safe New Year. We can't wait to see what 2015 brings!
Embrace A Family - Our office participates in the Embrace A Family program around the holidays. Presents purchased by our employees are placed under the tree to be delivered.
Our Office Building