BirdDog Solutions Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.4
Joel L. Sitak

1. Great experience. Fun industry and great management team.

Former Employee - Finance in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Finance in Andover, MA

Pros

Excellent work-life balance. Great culture.

Cons

Personal growth somewhat limited. Time off policies need to be more generous.

Advice to Management

Better communication of Company strategy and long term goals.

It was ok.

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Denver, CO

Pros

Opportunity to make money if you work hard.

Cons

Por management and not employee focused.

Advice to Management

Focus more non employees than the bottom line.

3. Manager

Pros

Great flexibility and ability to affect change quickly. Employees are good, solid, hard-working stock.

Cons

Can't seem to focus on one thing at a time. Lots of constantly changing priorities.

5. Professional, upper management a pleasure

Former Employee - Logistics in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Logistics in Andover, MA

I worked at BirdDog Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits, management worked with you and not against you, rewarded for good work

Cons

Too many things going on and had a great opportunity that they let slip away

Advice to Management

Making money is a great thing but with the correct people and the correct business unit logistics could have been your best money maker and instead of investing in people to do outside sales and an experienced director I fell like they just gave up.

6. Good company, lots of changes which are improving things

I have been working at BirdDog Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great CEO who actually talks to people. Nice office environment. I have kids and the hours are very stable. I can finish on time and count on getting out of the office. Good bonus opportunity.

Cons

Lot of changes especially in managment. I like my current manager, but some of the former managers played favorites. The systems can be very frustrating. Starting salary is low. They are very strict about starting on time.

Advice to Management

Regular employees should have easy way to suggest changes for improving things. Everyone agrees but doesn't seem to change.

Don't Work Here

I worked at BirdDog Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to wear jeans and the office is laid back

Cons

HR department has no clue what they are doing, things are not done on time or properly. Upper management has no clue what is going on they are only focused on bettering themselves.

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention to your employees and you will see why they are so unhappy. Pay your employees better and stop hiring people you don't need and paying them more than the actual people doing the work.

8. Great team environment, to much politics

Former Employee - Information Technology
    Former Employee - Information Technology

I worked at BirdDog Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team environment, good bonus program when company goals are achievable.

Cons

Started to become very political

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, and focus on core strengths.

9. Great starting job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at BirdDog Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They were somewhat flexible with schedules and had great time-off policies. You could use sick days as personal days. It is a small company so I felt that created a warm and friendly environment.

Cons

There was a lot of restructuring. They restructured 3 times while I was there. People were usually let go during each restructure and that was very stressful.

10. Considering working inside sales? Beware: Commisson reversals exceed 50 percent.

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Glastonbury, CT
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Glastonbury, CT

I worked at BirdDog Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice office building in pleasant location; small cafe downstairs serves breakfast and lunch; on the bus line - employees, especially who live in East Hartford, without a car easily use public transit. Free proximate parking.

Cons

Senior management's annual plan excludes necessary critical components to successfully forecast anticipated growth - amateurish. The website for Foley Carrier is very light on content, burdened by too many "add-ons", difficult to navigate, will not load on certain landing pages and competes directly with the inside sales department. Middle management and HR personnel regularly ignore labor laws. You could be hired for one job (and you accept the job offer thinking that's the job you'll be doing) only to discover that you're in another position. Management at all levels is loose-lipped; they volunteered by name that a former salesperson left to serve time in jail. HR recordkeeping at the Glastonbury, CT Foley Carrier Services location is disorganized, HR staff people are marginalized, and the corporate office in MA is not responsive. If you are considering working in sales, beware: your future earnings are eroded by more than 50% due to cancels and non-payments. There is no cut-off date for commission reversals. Women beware: misogyny is the general tone of sales management. Find out the percentage of inside sales reps who are women - was less than a third. The sales department suffers from much higher attrition percentages than similar positions at other companies. If you delay applying when you first see the job posting, don't worry. It will be posted again within 3-6 months. Sales professionals can earn considerably more elsewhere. Other departments chronically do not communicate the same information to customers as does the sales staff, leading to customer and sales staff confusion and frustration, diminished credibility and lost or canceled sales. And, this is in an environment where Foley tries to "own" the new carrier marketplace. For a clearer appreciation of the impact Foley has in its marketplace, read customers' reviews online. Then ask yourself; since much of what Foley is selling is a mandated purchase by DOT, why are so many customers, former customers and potential customers so upset with this company? NOTE: The mandatory new-hire urine test is conducted off the lobby by a Foley employee.

Advice to Management

I cannot help this group. Parent company BirdDog needs to clean house.

11. Great place to work...fast paced environment...very supportive and informed executive leadership team.

I have been working at BirdDog Solutions full-time

Pros

Young company with a "big picture" approach to doing business. We understand how to compete with the "big dogs" and pride ourselves on superior customer service.

Cons

Still getting our name out in the marketplace.

Advice to Management

The Executive Team should send out a company wide email each month giving everyone an update on how we're tracking towards our goals for the year and include a link to our intranet site so we can see birthdays, anniversaries, new hires, etc.. I believe we should also focus on what charity work we can do in the areas where we have offices...great for team building and local recognition.

RSS Feed </> Embed