BirdDog Solutions

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joel L. Sitak

Great starting job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsThey were somewhat flexible with schedules and had great time-off policies. You could use sick days as personal days. It is a small company so I felt that created a warm and friendly environment.

ConsThere was a lot of restructuring. They restructured 3 times while I was there. People were usually let go during each restructure and that was very stressful.

Considering working inside sales? Beware: Commisson reversals exceed 50 percent.

Inside Sales (Former Employee)
    Glastonbury, CT

ProsNice office building in pleasant location; small cafe downstairs serves breakfast and lunch; on the bus line - employees, especially who live in East Hartford, without a car easily use public transit. Free proximate parking.

ConsSenior management's annual plan excludes necessary critical components to successfully forecast anticipated growth - amateurish. The website for Foley Carrier is very light on content, burdened by too many "add-ons", difficult to navigate, will not load on certain landing pages and competes directly with the inside sales department. Middle management and HR personnel regularly ignore labor laws. You could be hired for one job (and you accept the job offer thinking that's the job you'll be doing) only to discover that you're in another position. Management at all levels is loose-lipped; they volunteered by name that a former salesperson left to serve time in jail. HR recordkeeping at the Glastonbury, CT Foley Carrier Services location is disorganized, HR staff people are marginalized, and the corporate office in MA is not responsive.
    If you are considering working in sales, beware: your future earnings are eroded by more than 50% due to cancels and non-payments. There is no cut-off date for commission reversals. Women beware: misogyny is the general tone of sales management. Find out the percentage of inside sales reps who are women - was less than a third. The sales department suffers from much higher attrition percentages than similar positions at other companies. If you delay applying when you first see the job posting, don't worry. It will be posted again within 3-6 months.
    Sales professionals can earn considerably more elsewhere. Other departments chronically do not communicate the same information to customers as does the sales staff, leading to customer and sales staff confusion and frustration, diminished credibility and lost or canceled sales. And, this is in an environment where Foley tries to "own" the new carrier marketplace. For a clearer appreciation of the impact Foley has in its marketplace, read customers' reviews online. Then ask yourself; since much of what Foley is selling is a mandated purchase by DOT, why are so many customers, former customers and potential customers so upset with this company?
    NOTE: The mandatory new-hire urine test is conducted off the lobby by a Foley employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementI cannot help this group. Parent company BirdDog needs to clean house.

Great place to work...fast paced environment...very supportive and informed executive leadership team.

ProsYoung company with a "big picture" approach to doing business. We understand how to compete with the "big dogs" and pride ourselves on superior customer service.

ConsStill getting our name out in the marketplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Executive Team should send out a company wide email each month giving everyone an update on how we're tracking towards our goals for the year and include a link to our intranet site so we can see birthdays, anniversaries, new hires, etc.. I believe we should also focus on what charity work we can do in the areas where we have offices...great for team building and local recognition.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsBirdDog Solutions pays about average and there isnt much room for growth. Uncapped commissions... Job can pay well.. . .

ConsMGT is not only focused with closing accounts, they seem to wrapped up in metrics when in the end its all about sales. They have a lot of turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe that mgt should take care of the employees better and they might not have so much turnover. I had 3 people in my position over a period of 12 months before I took the position and left in a month.

Worked for BirdDog Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BirdDog Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BirdDog Solutions CEO Joel L. Sitak. All reviews posted anonymously by BirdDog Solutions employees.