BirdDog Solutions

Joel L. Sitak

Great starting job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Pros

They were somewhat flexible with schedules and had great time-off policies. You could use sick days as personal days. It is a small company so I felt that created a warm and friendly environment.

Cons

There was a lot of restructuring. They restructured 3 times while I was there. People were usually let go during each restructure and that was very stressful.

Great team environment, to much politics

Former Employee - Information Technology
    Former Employee - Information Technology

Pros

Great team environment, good bonus program when company goals are achievable.

Cons

Started to become very political

Listen to your employees, and focus on core strengths.

Considering working inside sales? Beware: Commisson reversals exceed 50 percent.

Former Employee - Inside Sales  in  Glastonbury, CT
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Glastonbury, CT

Pros

Nice office building in pleasant location; small cafe downstairs serves breakfast and lunch; on the bus line - employees, especially who live in East Hartford, without a car easily use public transit. Free proximate parking.

Cons

Senior management's annual plan excludes necessary critical components to successfully forecast anticipated growth - amateurish. The website for Foley Carrier is very light on content, burdened by too many "add-ons", difficult to navigate, will not load on certain landing pages and competes directly with the inside sales department. Middle management and HR personnel regularly ignore labor laws. You could be hired for one job (and you accept the job offer thinking that's the job you'll be doing) only to discover that you're in another position. Management at all levels is loose-lipped; they volunteered by name that a former salesperson left to serve time in jail. HR recordkeeping at the Glastonbury, CT Foley Carrier Services location is disorganized, HR staff people are marginalized, and the corporate office in MA is not responsive.
    If you are considering working in sales, beware: your future earnings are eroded by more than 50% due to cancels and non-payments. There is no cut-off date for commission reversals. Women beware: misogyny is the general tone of sales management. Find out the percentage of inside sales reps who are women - was less than a third. The sales department suffers from much higher attrition percentages than similar positions at other companies. If you delay applying when you first see the job posting, don't worry. It will be posted again within 3-6 months.
    Sales professionals can earn considerably more elsewhere. Other departments chronically do not communicate the same information to customers as does the sales staff, leading to customer and sales staff confusion and frustration, diminished credibility and lost or canceled sales. And, this is in an environment where Foley tries to "own" the new carrier marketplace. For a clearer appreciation of the impact Foley has in its marketplace, read customers' reviews online. Then ask yourself; since much of what Foley is selling is a mandated purchase by DOT, why are so many customers, former customers and potential customers so upset with this company?
    NOTE: The mandatory new-hire urine test is conducted off the lobby by a Foley employee.

I cannot help this group. Parent company BirdDog needs to clean house.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work...fast paced environment...very supportive and informed executive leadership team.

Pros

Young company with a "big picture" approach to doing business. We understand how to compete with the "big dogs" and pride ourselves on superior customer service.

Cons

Still getting our name out in the marketplace.

The Executive Team should send out a company wide email each month giving everyone an update on how we're tracking towards our goals for the year and include a link to our intranet site so we can see birthdays, anniversaries, new hires, etc.. I believe we should also focus on what charity work we can do in the areas where we have offices...great for team building and local recognition.

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

Pros

BirdDog Solutions pays about average and there isnt much room for growth. Uncapped commissions... Job can pay well.. . .

Cons

MGT is not only focused with closing accounts, they seem to wrapped up in metrics when in the end its all about sales. They have a lot of turnover.

I believe that mgt should take care of the employees better and they might not have so much turnover. I had 3 people in my position over a period of 12 months before I took the position and left in a month.

Worked for BirdDog Solutions? Contribute to the Community!