Birst Reviews

Still Loving it!

Current Employee - Product Trainer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Trainer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Birst full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with Birst for over 3 years now and I have to say, I still love it! Not only have I been able to see the rate of growth within the last few years, starting as a humble start up then morphing into a Global World Class Company, I have also had the opportunity for professional growth in Birst. I've gladly worn many hats at Birst as a start up and when the company continued to progress I was given the opportunity to advance into a new role and department. I continue to be challenged yet recognized for my work at Birst.

Spending majority of my week in the office I am very pleased with each team member at Birst. In one way or another Birst team is always ready and willing to help each other, including the executive team.
    Overall, I feel as a company we have a culture that enjoys each other and cares about our customer, the product and the total success of the two!

Cons

Crowded office, but this will change real soon, CAN'T WAIT!

Great work environment, exciting product and wonderful team to work with

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Birst full-time for more than a year

Pros

Birst has the excitement and energy of a start-up, but has established itself as a real competitor in the BI industry. People who work here are motivated and genuinely believe in the company's potential to be the next big thing. Really like how customer-service oriented Birst is, it's a huge reason our customers love us. Also have a social committee that puts a lot of effort into keeping things fun in the office and scheduling events to strengthen working relationship.

Cons

As many have previously mentioned, this is an environment that moves very quickly, you must be ready to wear a few different hats. Also a tight office to work in, but they are flexible with telecommuting and moving to a new, bigger space soon!

Continue to invest in your employees and promote a culture that values it's workers. Encourage more participation in the social events- it's great for team building and morale!

Great company with fast pace, high energy, collaborative environment. Integrity & customer focused culture.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Birst full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of companies give lip service to great technology and delivering customers success. Birst is unique in enterprise software - where the founders truly believe in building the best product to make customers happy - and the culture reflects it. All the employees have a "we can find a way" attitude and a drive to win in the highly competitive BI space. I love the energy level, passion, excitement and belief that we are building a great company. Location in downtown SF is a big plus! There are lots of opportunities to get in front of executives and customers to grow your skill set.

Cons

Birst is not a place to relax in your career. If you are driven, eager to grow new skills, want to build a great product that delivers what you sell (and willing to get your hands dirty) - this is a great place. If you want to work 9-5, have a low level person do your dirty work, or have admins handle your calendar, look elsewhere. Birst is a demanding job attracting certain folks who choose family AND work; but other activities/hobbies wait.

Keep up the great positive energy, transparency, and focus on customer and product excellence.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Quality of the people is incredible, yet still continues to get better and better

Current Employee - Business Development  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Birst full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Customers love us. Anyone who works in the BI market knows this is incredibly rare. We excel in the complex aspects of BI, and we are rapidly closing the gap on the front-end thanks to tripling our product/engineering teams. Cloud CRM, ERP, and HCM have taken off, and BI is only just breaking in. Revenue and customers are doubling every year, and we aren't even close to the tipping point. Industry analysts have recognized Birst as the clear leader in our space. Our opportunity is huge. Come join us!

Cons

It's not a con for everyone, but make no mistake, the company moves at a million miles an hour. If you aren't organized and dedicated, you will definitely need to adapt to run as fast as everyone else. The work/life balance could be better, but ultimately, I think that is as much a result of everyone's inspiration to continue to build something special, as a management directive.

Moving Brad to product full-time is going to give our competitors fits. Hiring Jay Larson is a dynamite addition. Keep hiring well, and we will continue moving up and to the right.

The one request I would have is for more training, but that's become a bigger focus in recent months.

Good People not a great product.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Birst full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will have nice and mature co workers.

Cons

Product is convoluted and tries to be everything to everyone. Its in a really crowded area and other companies like Tableau have already mostly owned it.

Stop trying to make the product do a 1000 things and focus your efforts.

Great place to work and grow in a fast-growing company

Current Employee - Sales  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Birst full-time

Pros

Great team. Everyone is supportive and wants to succeed together. Lots of opportunity to grow and advance.

Cons

Cozy for the time being until we get more office space.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Phenomenal company heading to stratusphere

I have been working at Birst full-time

Pros

Great vision, great great team work with an amazing affinity to do whatever it takes to make stuff happen for the customers AND employees. Driven no nonsense leadership. I highly recommend joining Birst if you are offered the chance.

Cons

The pace of work isn't for everyone, if you are used to sitting back and milking your time this is not the place for you.

Super excited at growing with this company very excited at the work going into the product and the companies we are either doing business with or about to be doing business with. Not sure what else to add here, other than keep it up.

I decided to join Birst because of their Leadership team, excellent product, and bright future.

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Birst full-time for less than a year

Pros

Birst is a true challenger in the BI world. Our products and team behind them are technically superior to the others in our space. Our work culture promotes hard work while keeping employees engaged and wanting to be an active part in the company's success.

Cons

We are growing rapidly and with growth comes a few pains, like not having enough office space. I look at this as a good pain to have.

Continue to improve the products and hire smart people that want to be a part of something special.

A Great Opportunity-Join if you can

Current Employee - Sales Director  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Birst full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity is abound here. The Business Intelligence space is a crowded one. Birst stands out above the rest for its customers and employees. Birst offers a fantastic product with a strong value proposition. Very passionate executive management team with a customer first mentality.

As a sales executive, sales management is a breath of fresh air. The sales management team will jump down in the trenches with you to help you close the deal. They know the product and the sales strategy inside and out. In short, they add value, not overhead.

We have all worked for companies that do not use their own product to run their business. We just hope a prospect will not ask us about how we use the product. Not the case here. Along with my Salesforce login came SSO with Birst Analytics. Always great when you can share with your prospective clients how your own product makes you more effective.

Cons

Typical venture backed, high growth company pains. It is difficult to keep up with the growth and change. The bottleneck is always shifting and you have to wear different hats. As much a pro as a con. Exhilarating and exhausting at the same time. You will either love the pace or hate it.

Keep working hard to scale the company. Keep the momentum on the education efforts.

No Jerks

I have been working at Birst full-time for more than a year

Pros

Aside from the game changing technology Birst is developing, the humility and receptiveness to new ideas the exec team shows truly sets them apart. It's clear to everyone in the building that Birst will only go as far as our customers do, thus a messianic focus upon customer success.
    Like all start-ups, Birst makes mistakes. But what has impressed me most is the executive team's willingness to acknowledge mistakes and commit to resolving them.
    Unbelievable new talent is added to the roster every week it seems. If you want to be around the best and brightest in Analytics, there really is no other game in town.

Cons

Communication - to both employees and customers - could be better. It's not for lack of effort. Rather, I think the company is trying to understand how to effectively communicate when the customer roster has grown from 10s to 1000s and employee headcount has grown from 40 to 200+.

Stay humble and approachable. It's your best attribute.

Worked for Birst? Contribute to the Community!