Bisk Education

Decent entry level job

Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bisk Education full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free education in return for time there

Cons

Poor Pay along with little opportunity to make more money

GFY

Excellent

Current Employee - Freelance Writer  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Freelance Writer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bisk Education as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I work freelance as a remote content/SEO writer. That's a pro.

Cons

I could use more work.

Send more projects my way. I am flexible and I provide top quality writing well within project time frames.

Hell on Earth!!

Former Employee - Lead Generation Representative  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Generation Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bisk Education part-time for less than a year

Pros

NONE!!!What a joke!! This company lures you in under the belief that the position of Lead Generation Rep is a nice sit down office job where you will be interacting with potential students and assisting them with information as to which college they will attend. It's all a lie!! Most of the customers you'll be making calls to aren't even interested and have already told Bisk numerous times to remove them from the dialer!! My first week I had people using explicit language and threatening me, I had one woman scream so loud that I had to take off my headset. Management won't do a single thing to help you and actually expects you to create leads from the irate calls. The last straw for me was being told by my boss that I would have to stay on the line, and listen to an irate call until THEY hung up!!! I walked out the same day, its not worth the crummy $10/hr they pay you. Its barely above being a telemarketer, RUN FOR THE HILLS!!

Cons

Little support from management
    Low compensation
    Rude customers
    No customer interaction guidelines

Care about your employees
    Set some guidelines for customer interaction

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enrollment Advisor-New England College

Former Employee - Enrollment Adviser-New England College  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Enrollment Adviser-New England College in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bisk Education full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company has tuition assistance for colleges and universities they partner with and the atmosphere wasn't horrible as call centers go. You make outbound dials all day hoping to catch prospective students. Not a hard job to do and executive management appears to be passionate about the company.

Cons

Pay and benefits are out of step with other companies. Five days of paid time off your first year and no paid holidays and benefits your first 90 days. No 401k until six months in. I was questioned regarding my engagement and whether or not this was the job for me. I only stayed with the company 2 and a half weeks as an opportunity for greater pay and mobility presented itself, but the management style at Bisk certainly didn't persuade me to stay. There appears to be little mobility and this is just a phone job, which was fine, provided the pay was much better. People appear to stay with this company because they are afraid to leave, don't know any better, or are trying to get a free degree and will leave once they are past the tuition assistance payback period. Bisk Education is not a career, but a job.

Starting pay and benefits are atrocious. Out of a training class of four, only one person remains. Low pay and poor management are a huge impediment to buying into the passion that executive management has for the company. Offer opportunities for growth beyond outbound dialing all day.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Instructional Designer  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bisk Education full-time for less than a year

Pros

The employees are professional and extremely competent, and the management has cultivated a collaborative atmosphere. The leadership style is empowering, with each instructional designer encouraged to determine their own processes that fit their style. Deadlines are expected to be met, but no one micromanages you. You're treated like a professional adult and given opportunities to be creative and excel in your area of expertise. It's just a very pleasant place to work.

Cons

Very limited vacation time. We receive 5 days of CPP (compensation protection plan) each year -- to use for sick days, extra vacation, etc., but one case of the flu can take the time away in a week. There are very few holidays off -- It's a long time between Christmas and Memorial Day!

Keep doing what you're doing. The laid-back style and willingness to adopt ideas suggested by others is a huge plus. Thanks for listening to us, making us feel like valued members of the team, and treating us fairly. I appreciate the fact that you understand each of us and bring out the best in us.

Good people, noble goals

Current Employee - Senior Digital Media Specialist  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Digital Media Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bisk Education full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The new president is bringing a positive vibe to the corporate culture.

Cons

Executive turnover causes makes life difficult for veteran workers who have contributed. New bridges have to be re-formed way too often.

Flex time or telecommuting should be available for better work/life balance.

Enrollment Advisor

Current Employee - Enrollment Adviser  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Enrollment Adviser in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bisk Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pretty decent pay. People are very nice.

Cons

Always hiring. Always changing policies.

Don't walk, run away!

Former Employee - Marketing Intern  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bisk Education full-time for less than a year

Pros

My paychecks never bean late.

Cons

I have never seen a company so hard-pressed to find and keep talented employees. Management places little-to-no value on employees. Deception and dishonesty is the norm. There has not been enough parking at the one building for the past 3-4 years. They made me ride a little bus to an over-flow lot like I was mentally challenged in grade school.

Online Education- Easy job... Lots of Pressure

Former Employee - Education Specialist  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Education Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bisk Education part-time for less than a year

Pros

compensation, hours, managements was good, training was easy, rewards for meeting monthly goals, reconigtion, team environment
    Made around $10 an hour. Decent pay for those right out of high school or those in college just wanting a part time job

Cons

High expectations, call center environment, MUST MEET MONTHLY GOALS.
    This position is not for those seeking a career.

Take the pressure off employees. Make it easier to move around in the company, and supply more parking

Just an average company with lower than average salaries

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bisk Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

They reimburse your education- But you have to use their company schools and you have to stay a certain amount of time after the degree is complete.
    Laid-back managers- everyone works very slow

Cons

cubicles, professional dress code mon-thurs, low low salaries, no one seems to really enjoy working here. I heard several employees talk about leaving.

have training programs for new employees, increase salaries

Worked for Bisk Education? Contribute to the Community!