Bisk Education

Updated October 8, 2014
Updated October 8, 2014
2.9

Nathan M Bisk

Pros
  • There are a lot of great people working there that know what they're doing (in 4 reviews)

• decent pay, relaxed deadlines, good people, job security, good working equipment, great creative director and art directors (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • High expectations, call center environment, MUST MEET MONTHLY GOALS (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management (My boss's boss) made it their priority to make sure we knew who the real bosses were (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

34 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

An outstanding experience with great opportunities to grow

Former Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bisk Education full-time (more than an year)

Pros

education benefits, training and development opportunity easy work environment. management was very flexible and adaptive I had great relationships with almost every person I came in contact with.

Cons

Work became mundane and routine at times. Low initial pay, I received 3 pay raises but felt i wasn't being paid compared to the amount of enrollments I had

Continue your effort on increasing morale and changing the culture

Terrible Place to Work.. Beware the good Reviews!

Former Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bisk Education full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free education....that's it. Get it and get out!

Cons

Management truly doesn't care for employees...at one point we were supposed to have a picnic and it wasn't signed off on for no obvious reason, so even though we met sales goals, they cancelled it last minute...way to keep your word!!! Terrible corporate culture...it says "I just don't care about my employees." All kinds of harassment are rampant, and HR/management won't do a thing! Raises didn't come or were for the "favorites," as are moves into another department. If you love working on the phones and hounding people, then this is the job for you. Otherwise, look elsewhere...the pay is some of the worst I've ever worked for but I got some education, so that's why I stayed.

Change management....change the culture. Upper management needs to know and care what their management team is doing to employees!

Decent entry level job

Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bisk Education full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free education in return for time there

Cons

Poor Pay along with little opportunity to make more money

GFY

Excellent

Current Employee - Freelance Writer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Freelance Writer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bisk Education as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I work freelance as a remote content/SEO writer. That's a pro.

Cons

I could use more work.

Send more projects my way. I am flexible and I provide top quality writing well within project time frames.

Hell on Earth!!

Former Employee - Lead Generation Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Generation Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bisk Education part-time (less than an year)

Pros

NONE!!!What a joke!! This company lures you in under the belief that the position of Lead Generation Rep is a nice sit down office job where you will be interacting with potential students and assisting them with information as to which college they will attend. It's all a lie!! Most of the customers you'll be making calls to aren't even interested and have already told Bisk numerous times to remove them from the dialer!! My first week I had people using explicit language and threatening me, I had one woman scream so loud that I had to take off my headset. Management won't do a single thing to help you and actually expects you to create leads from the irate calls. The last straw for me was being told by my boss that I would have to stay on the line, and listen to an irate call until THEY hung up!!! I walked out the same day, its not worth the crummy $10/hr they pay you. Its barely above being a telemarketer, RUN FOR THE HILLS!!

Cons

Little support from management
    Low compensation
    Rude customers
    No customer interaction guidelines

Care about your employees
    Set some guidelines for customer interaction

Enrollment Advisor-New England College

Former Employee - Enrollment Adviser-New England College in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Enrollment Adviser-New England College in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bisk Education full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company has tuition assistance for colleges and universities they partner with and the atmosphere wasn't horrible as call centers go. You make outbound dials all day hoping to catch prospective students. Not a hard job to do and executive management appears to be passionate about the company.

Cons

Pay and benefits are out of step with other companies. Five days of paid time off your first year and no paid holidays and benefits your first 90 days. No 401k until six months in. I was questioned regarding my engagement and whether or not this was the job for me. I only stayed with the company 2 and a half weeks as an opportunity for greater pay and mobility presented itself, but the management style at Bisk certainly didn't persuade me to stay. There appears to be little mobility and this is just a phone job, which was fine, provided the pay was much better. People appear to stay with this company because they are afraid to leave, don't know any better, or are trying to get a free degree and will leave once they are past the tuition assistance payback period. Bisk Education is not a career, but a job.

Starting pay and benefits are atrocious. Out of a training class of four, only one person remains. Low pay and poor management are a huge impediment to buying into the passion that executive management has for the company. Offer opportunities for growth beyond outbound dialing all day.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bisk Education full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The employees are professional and extremely competent, and the management has cultivated a collaborative atmosphere. The leadership style is empowering, with each instructional designer encouraged to determine their own processes that fit their style. Deadlines are expected to be met, but no one micromanages you. You're treated like a professional adult and given opportunities to be creative and excel in your area of expertise. It's just a very pleasant place to work.

Cons

Very limited vacation time. We receive 5 days of CPP (compensation protection plan) each year -- to use for sick days, extra vacation, etc., but one case of the flu can take the time away in a week. There are very few holidays off -- It's a long time between Christmas and Memorial Day!

Keep doing what you're doing. The laid-back style and willingness to adopt ideas suggested by others is a huge plus. Thanks for listening to us, making us feel like valued members of the team, and treating us fairly. I appreciate the fact that you understand each of us and bring out the best in us.

Good people, noble goals

Current Employee - Senior Digital Media Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Digital Media Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bisk Education full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The new president is bringing a positive vibe to the corporate culture.

Cons

Executive turnover causes makes life difficult for veteran workers who have contributed. New bridges have to be re-formed way too often.

Flex time or telecommuting should be available for better work/life balance.

Enrollment Advisor

Current Employee - Enrollment Adviser in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Enrollment Adviser in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bisk Education full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pretty decent pay. People are very nice.

Cons

Always hiring. Always changing policies.

Don't walk, run away!

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bisk Education full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My paychecks never bean late.

Cons

I have never seen a company so hard-pressed to find and keep talented employees. Management places little-to-no value on employees. Deception and dishonesty is the norm. There has not been enough parking at the one building for the past 3-4 years. They made me ride a little bus to an over-flow lot like I was mentally challenged in grade school.

Bisk Education Photos