Biz Technology Solutions

Mike Chouffani

1. Good experience

Former Employee - Software Developer in Mooresville, NC
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Mooresville, NC

I worked at Biz Technology Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learned a lot on the job. They don't micro-manage. Got 3 raises in 2 years. I got to dive into programming patterns and software development life cycle.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to focus as you tend to switch from project to project. It is a fast pace work environment. In some cases you wear too many hats; analist, coder and tester at the same time.

Advice to Management

Need to spend more time with staff and less outside the office.

2. It is a good company to work for

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Mooresville, NC
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Biz Technology Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a system engineer you learn a lot because you get exposed to various client environments. That was not the case when I worked for a larger shop. Some of the technologies we deal with are new and pretty cool to work with. I like the work environment as we get to hang with the guys after hours play pool in the warehouse etc. I have been here for couple of years started as lvl1 tech and consider myself as lvl3 now (not sure if they do). I like the fact that they encourage certifications and that the medical insurance package is pretty good. Pay seems to be fair and I got a raise every year. Also, it is a growing company so hopefully the pay raises will continue as they have been.

Cons

Can be stressful at time especially when it gets busy or when you are not familiar with the technology you are dealing with. They want you to follow a number of processes and that gets to be time consuming and pain in the butt. If you don’t like learning new things then this is not the job for you. They have been talking about a new retirement package but I have not seen it yet.

Advice to Management

Don’t focus too much on processes they can sometimes frustrate employees. Relax little on the rules that will make your staff little more comfortable. Get rid of the emergency phone and have a third party company manage it. Allow flex-time for staff.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mooresville, NC
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mooresville, NC

I worked at Biz Technology Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good hands on work

Cons

No policies / bad policies, no code quality, haphazard delivery model

5. Jr .Net Developer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Biz Technology Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Initially maintenance of project. Like validation and solving bugs.
    Develop Application with basic functionality, also worked on SQL like, Store procedure , trigger.

Cons

Want to go for programming.

Mediocre Company with minimal opportunities.

I worked at Biz Technology Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can start any project you want with full support since the company is so small, can start with no experience, half off snacks for sale in the kitchen compared to store prices

Cons

Anything you start will not make an impact in the company because management doesn't approve of change-- that's not even a word in their vocabulary-- so you're basically just doing busy work, false promises left and right, no room for growth, "senior" people have been there from day one so you will not be able to move up from your position, you are frowned upon if you finish your work and go home instead of hanging out at the office pointlessly, you get put on salary and almost required to work over time even if it's not necessary-- you just have to be "available," "senior" employees expect you to get things done there and then-- prioritization never occurs, everything is high priority.

Advice to Management

Change up your leadership team-- it's good to have a fresh perspective from people that bring new talents and experiences to the table. Don't promise me mountains if you can only offer me an ant hill-- realistic expectations are better than false promises. You have to take your job seriously and actually manage me. Set goals with your employees and check in with them weekly to see how they're progressing. Don't paint your company so perfect-- lots of room for improvement. Flexibility is key in this day and time-- don't just agree with that statement-- prove to your employees that that's something that matters to you too.

RSS Feed </> Embed