Bizness Apps

Updated September 8, 2014
Updated September 8, 2014
4.8

Andrew Gazdecki

Industry leading product, fast paced sales process, great team environment

I have been working at Bizness Apps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Being a part of the leading company in any industry is great. That's my favorite part. I'm pretty happy here, I feel like when I have an idea it gets heard, CEO is like a team member and is very helpful / approachable when asked, business is growing, overall I enjoy working here.

Some background, I've worked at Bizness Apps for a little over 2 years. During that time period we've lead the way for mobile apps for small businesses and the changes I've seen happen have been fun to watch. From a small office in Millbrae to an much nicer office in San Francisco, tons of stuff have happened. Too many product upgrades to list, the team has really grown, new processes implemented, Salesforce utlized,, perks & benefits added, etc. I probably won't ever forget my experience here.

I'd recommend working here if you're the type of person who loves a challenge, craves a seriously fun culture, is OK with some processes that haven't been completed ironed out yet, has ideas to fix those processes, wants to have an impact, can add value, liking mobile apps can't hurt, and wants to work along side some pretty fun people in a huge market opportunity. As a young company there's tons of upside in the years to come that it's exciting to see where the company will be in a few years considering the growth in the mobile industry right now.

Cons

It would be nice to be paid more, pay here is good but not the highest in the area, and that comes with a benefit I guess. Work life balance is great compared to some other friends I have in similar roles at different companies. However, they're typically very stressed each day going into work. Other than that, I'd like to see some management roles open up in the future as I'd love to continue to help the company grow and help train new reps as growth continues. I also think more company outings would only benefit everyone. They are key for culture and the ones we've had have been almost too much fun.

I think overall Bizness Apps is on the right track. My biggest concern is as you grow, the culture will move more towards a corproate type setting. Since were in such a fast moving market I think staying nimble is so freakin important. I'd say stay true to what you got you guys to where you are now and everything else will fall into place. Continue to focus on growing the business and being a leader in the space.

Sep 11, 2014COO

Thanks for the review. We will take your advice to heart.

Cool product, fun atmosphere, young company

I have been working at Bizness Apps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- young growing company
    - product that businesses need
    - exciting to be in mobile
    - nice people to work with
    - office located by Polk
    - break room isn't too bad
    - PTO time, paid health, perks
    - flat management structure
    - fun company outings
    - learn a lot pretty fast
    - decisions made quickly

Cons

- needs more growth opportunity for entry level employees
    - some of the clients can be hard to deal
    - management team is new but showing promise
    - compensation is fair but could be better considering SF location
    - product communication getting way better from before

If you continue to invest in your product development, management team to create new job opportunities for entry level employees, and in overall employee morale you'll do great. You have a great company but don't forget to reward the people that help you guys grow and your clients. Overall I'm happy but things could improve.

Sep 8, 2014COO

Thank you for your review. We'll look to continue to improve on the points stated.

Good place to get into the industry - but know when to move on

I worked at Bizness Apps

Pros

- If you're right out of college and want to get into the tech industry they will hire you for customer service positions
    - You will make friends as the employees are (for the most part) all good people
    - young atmosphere - This is fun but also a massive negative (See below)
    - The company is small so you can access the CEO very easily to pitch ideas. If some are implemented it can look good on your resume for your next job.
    - If you have a personal situation, management will listen and work with you

Cons

- Low pay - way below industry averages for San Francisco
    - No equity given to employees - This takes the excitement away from working for a start up. You know that if the company makes it, which is unlikely, you will see nothing in return for all your hard work
    - Not many real benefits apart from the standard healthcare
    - Very strict on PTO. They count the days and you will only get 12 max
    - Poor engineering investment/attitude - Engineers are all based overseas apart from one (who is new). This is to save costs and it tells in many releases
    - Many features advertised on their site didn't work and have had done, which, made for some tricky convocations in customer service
    - If you're driven you will hit the ceiling fast at this place with no where else to go within the company
    - Lack of investment means the company hasn't really grown in the last 18 months - not by bay area start up standards
    - Personally, I didn't agree with the business model and the clientele was awful to deal with - because these are the types of clients they targetted
    - The office is in a poor location with no windows - feels like a cave and that is draining
    - young atmosphere - no real experience to pull on. Felt like we were just stumbling through
    - lots of new competition entering the market which management never took seriously. This complacency will probably hurt them one day

- Really push for investment to get some actual experience in the door
    - Revisit the business model - the reseller model isn't scalable and you may have already hit or be close to hitting your market ceiling. We could all see this by the lack of real, significant growth over the last 18 months.
    - Increase base pay, revise commission structures and change peoples titles so it is relevant to their experience. Having a salesman with 1 year of sales experience with the title 'Director of Partnerships' or 'VP of sales' will severely hinder their career prospects moving forward. I know that this acts as a great employee retention strategy for Bizness Apps.

There are some smart people at Bizness Apps and I think some investment will enable them to fix some of these poor practices.

Aug 12, 2014COO

Thank you for your candid feedback and we'll continue to strive for creating the best work place possible for our employees. We're extremely sorry your experience here was not to your expectations ... More

Great place to work and have fun at the same time

I have been working at Bizness Apps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bizness Apps is a fun company to work at with tons of perks from management that truly cares about employee satisfaction. Full paid health, dental, vision, but no 401k just yet. The company is also bootstrapped with impressive growth. During my time at the company I've learned the ins and outs of the software industry quickly and then some. Tons of free food, company outings, made friends, all with exciting new market opportunities ahead. This place has serious energy. I would highly recommend this company.

Cons

There aren't really cons besides when comparing the company's perks to other start ups that have raised millions of dollars from venture capitalists. For example, theres no catered lunches like at Google or crazy Christmas parties like at Box but they make up for it a genuinely fun culture.

If you're looking for a get rich quick start up this place probably isn't the spot to be, but if you're looking to learn and grow look no further. The few employees I've seen leave, leave happily onto other exciting career opportunities.

Keep supporting your team and continue to open up new opportunities for people to grow into. Hire the smartest people possible. Keep focusing on making the best product in the market.

Jul 3, 2014COO

Thanks for the review and for working with us!

Needs a few major changes

I worked at Bizness Apps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Smart, young, fun loving people working hard for a bigger goal. This is a great place to see self motivated people accomplishing tasks and growing every day, personally and as a company. There is a lot to learn about business practices (what to do, what not to do) at a company that doesn't have a corporate structure - it's live and learn here. We take work hard play hard to a new level. From 8am - 4:30pm, we work hard. After 5pm, there is no thresh hold to the fun that can be had. Work life balance is nice and your coworkers will be your friends.

Cons

With lack of corporate structure comes some downfalls. Not much of a career path set up - Management is still establishing their own career path, how could they establish other people's? Also, there is no 401k program or stock option- For a start up with less than 35 people in office, this is a pretty significant downside. With all of the competition in the bay area, it's hard to convince oneself what the long term goal of employment here is.

Adding training for long term employees, and considering how you show your employees that you care about their long term involvement in the company would benefit you considerably.

Jul 3, 2014COO

Thanks for your feedback and your valid points of concern. While we do not have 401k or stock options at this time we do provide compensation above market rate and provide ample opportunities to make ... More

A fantastic and fun place to work.

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bizness Apps full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked at Bizness Apps for a bit under a year, and I have nothing but good things to say about the whole experience. It's great for learning the ins and outs of working in a startup environment, but I'd say the best part is the company culture. Everyone here is very dedicated not only to the success of our clients, but to the success of the company as a whole (which includes the individuals in it). Great place to start.

Cons

Still a growing company, so there are some snags here and there.

Mar 10, 2014COO

Thanks for the review. We appreciated the time you spent with us!

Working for a thriving software company has been the most rewarding experience in my career.

I have been working at Bizness Apps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Amazing Company Culture.

-Learn Something New Every Day.

-Fast Pace Work Environment

-Working with Domestic and International Clients

-Unlimited Growth

-Passionate Management Team

-Great Work Environment

Cons

Start-Up Environment.

Relatively new company that has a vast amount of room to grow and learn, which is standard for most start ups.

Keep up the great work!

Jan 27, 2014COO

We appreciate your feedback, thanks for the review.

I throughly enjoy working at Bizness Apps and enjoy waking up every day to a such a great job!

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bizness Apps full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best aspect of working at Bizness Apps is my co-workers. For the most part, we all have very different backgrounds and areas of expertise. I have learned so much in the past 7 months that I have been here in all areas of technology, mobile marketing, sales, and customer/tech support. My superiors are extremely approachable and always willing to listen to any and all ideas that our team members may have. Everyone at Bizness Apps is more than willing to help each other at any moment of the day. I feel my work is truly respected and appreciated on a daily basis.

Cons

No real complaints, other than the training/on-boarding process was rather difficult as there are so many different aspects of the company and it's system and platform that I did feel lost during the first 2 months, but everyone was always eager to help me.

Keep up the constructive and appreciative reviews, and keep up the great attitude while still being professional. Great examples for me to learn from!

Jan 7, 2014COO

Thank you for reviewing. We'll look to continuously improve as always!

Fun work environment and a fast growing company!

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bizness Apps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Learned a lot about technology and the start-up world

- Young, casual, and fun work environment

- Great team building outings and activities

- Perfect location in SF!

- Flexible work hours

- Parking for those who are commuting

- Amazing coworkers!

Cons

- Still is a relatively new company so has some room to grow and learn just as all start ups do.

- Give your employees incentive to work hard by making them feel important and not disposable

Dec 20, 2013COO

Thanks for the review and we appreciate the time you spent working with us. Good luck in the next steps of your career!

Fast - paced, fun and hard working Environment!

I have been working at Bizness Apps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A lot to learn about technology and business growth.
    Work closely with entire company, including management.
    Have a say in implementing procedures and policies for the future of the company.

Cons

Start - up environment can sometimes lack core procedures.

Take every opportunity as a learning experience.
    Hire people you think very highly of and invest in them.

Dec 16, 2013COO

Thank you for the review.