Bizness Apps Reviews

Updated February 6, 2015
20 reviews filtered by
4.8
Andrew Gazdecki

Awesome company with a lot of potential

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bizness Apps full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers that make work fun! The culture at Bizness Apps is AWESOME! A great company to learn and grow alongside with, while being given the opportunity to take on new tasks and challenges. Leadership is there to guide you as needed, but does not micromanage. I loved working here and will miss everyone and the company!

Cons

There are bumps in the road like any other startup, but the company does their best to learn from these mistakes to not repeat the situation again.

Feb 9, 2015COO

Thank you for reviewing and best of luck in your next position!

It was an absolute Pleasure Bizness Apps!

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bizness Apps full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Fun place to work and learn
    -Unlimited sales resources (Insidesales, Clearside, Salesforce, Yesware, Hubspot, Ring Central, Gotomeeting,
    SalesGenie, etc. )
    -Lots of room for growth
    -Lots of out of the office activities.
    -Close group of professionals that are welcoming and helpful
    -Young and fast paced atmosphere
    - Open floor plan
    -Company happy hours
    -Domestic and International sales experience
    - Sales office is exciting - Multiple closed deals a day!
    - Impossible to not making friends at Bizness Apps
    - Mandatory breaks to play HD Big Buck Hunter, foosball, or video games.

Cons

- Some growing pains but that is expected with any startup
    - Lacking consistency in the sales department.
    - Way too much junk food snacks everywhere

- Stay on top of the industry with innovative new features.
    - Keep up the good work and continue to push your employees.
    - Set up a company 401k and match program.
    - Continue to reward your hard working employees with your great parties and happy hours.

Jan 13, 2015COO

Thank you for the review and the time you spent working with us! We are already putting your feedback into action. Best of luck in your next role.

3. Best sales job I've had so far

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bizness Apps full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hands down the best place I've ever worked. I worked at Bizness Apps for almost 3-years in sales and had a blast the entire time. Made some amazing friends, learned & grew my skill sets that lead me to an exciting new career, and I can't say enough good things about this place. CEO is a really laid back guy, smart, driven, and down to earth. He was always available to coach you through anything or just to joke around with you. You could tell management really cares about the work environment of their employees. It's a rare quality to have a CEO that you can consider a friend and a mentor. Your co-workers are people you'll thrive energy off of and learn from... and then head out to happy hour on Friday with. I've worked at other companies and when comparing them to Bizness Apps I can't help but smile thinking about all the great times and successes had here. When I worked at Bizness Apps the company grew like a rocket ship and still hasn't even touched it's maximum potential. This company rocks and I wish them all the best as they continue to dominate the mobile app industry!

Cons

In the beginning there was some confusion around sales processes and metrics but nothing that held us back too much. Lots of learning on your own during the early days. These have since been fixed and training is pretty top notch. No micro managing or anything so it's hard to think of anything too bad. If you're looking for a company with 100m in funding this probably isn't the place for you. Bizness Apps is a bootstrapped start up at its core.

Keep focusing on creating such a fun culture for your employees and you will continue to win. Continue to foster an environment that makes people want to come to everyday and the team's productivity will reflect that. Invest more in making goals clear and coaching available when needed. Hit the gas on sales because you guys really have something great on your hands. Keep up the great work!

Jan 2, 2015COO

First off thank you for choosing to work with us for nearly 3 years, the pleasure was all ours. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to try and focus on creating a work environment that ... More

Industry leading product, fast paced sales process, great team environment

I have been working at Bizness Apps full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Being a part of the leading company in any industry is great. That's my favorite part. I'm pretty happy here, I feel like when I have an idea it gets heard, CEO is like a team member and is very helpful / approachable when asked, business is growing, overall I enjoy working here.

Some background, I've worked at Bizness Apps for a little over 2 years. During that time period we've lead the way for mobile apps for small businesses and the changes I've seen happen have been fun to watch. From a small office in Millbrae to an much nicer office in San Francisco, tons of stuff have happened. Too many product upgrades to list, the team has really grown, new processes implemented, Salesforce utlized,, perks & benefits added, etc. I probably won't ever forget my experience here.

I'd recommend working here if you're the type of person who loves a challenge, craves a seriously fun culture, is OK with some processes that haven't been completed ironed out yet, has ideas to fix those processes, wants to have an impact, can add value, liking mobile apps can't hurt, and wants to work along side some pretty fun people in a huge market opportunity. As a young company there's tons of upside in the years to come that it's exciting to see where the company will be in a few years considering the growth in the mobile industry right now.

Cons

It would be nice to be paid more, pay here is good but not the highest in the area, and that comes with a benefit I guess. Work life balance is great compared to some other friends I have in similar roles at different companies. However, they're typically very stressed each day going into work. Other than that, I'd like to see some management roles open up in the future as I'd love to continue to help the company grow and help train new reps as growth continues. I also think more company outings would only benefit everyone. They are key for culture and the ones we've had have been almost too much fun.

I think overall Bizness Apps is on the right track. My biggest concern is as you grow, the culture will move more towards a corproate type setting. Since were in such a fast moving market I think staying nimble is so freakin important. I'd say stay true to what you got you guys to where you are now and everything else will fall into place. Continue to focus on growing the business and being a leader in the space.

Sep 11, 2014COO

Thanks for the review. We will take your advice to heart.

Cool product, fun atmosphere, young company

I have been working at Bizness Apps full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- young growing company
    - product that businesses need
    - exciting to be in mobile
    - nice people to work with
    - office located by Polk
    - break room isn't too bad
    - PTO time, paid health, perks
    - flat management structure
    - fun company outings
    - learn a lot pretty fast
    - decisions made quickly

Cons

- needs more growth opportunity for entry level employees
    - some of the clients can be hard to deal
    - management team is new but showing promise
    - compensation is fair but could be better considering SF location
    - product communication getting way better from before

If you continue to invest in your product development, management team to create new job opportunities for entry level employees, and in overall employee morale you'll do great. You have a great company but don't forget to reward the people that help you guys grow and your clients. Overall I'm happy but things could improve.

Sep 8, 2014COO

Thank you for your review. We'll look to continue to improve on the points stated.

Good place to get into the industry - but know when to move on

I worked at Bizness Apps

Pros

- If you're right out of college and want to get into the tech industry they will hire you for customer service positions
    - You will make friends as the employees are (for the most part) all good people
    - young atmosphere - This is fun but also a massive negative (See below)
    - The company is small so you can access the CEO very easily to pitch ideas. If some are implemented it can look good on your resume for your next job.
    - If you have a personal situation, management will listen and work with you

Cons

- Low pay - way below industry averages for San Francisco
    - No equity given to employees - This takes the excitement away from working for a start up. You know that if the company makes it, which is unlikely, you will see nothing in return for all your hard work
    - Not many real benefits apart from the standard healthcare
    - Very strict on PTO. They count the days and you will only get 12 max
    - Poor engineering investment/attitude - Engineers are all based overseas apart from one (who is new). This is to save costs and it tells in many releases
    - Many features advertised on their site didn't work and have had done, which, made for some tricky convocations in customer service
    - If you're driven you will hit the ceiling fast at this place with no where else to go within the company
    - Lack of investment means the company hasn't really grown in the last 18 months - not by bay area start up standards
    - Personally, I didn't agree with the business model and the clientele was awful to deal with - because these are the types of clients they targetted
    - The office is in a poor location with no windows - feels like a cave and that is draining
    - young atmosphere - no real experience to pull on. Felt like we were just stumbling through
    - lots of new competition entering the market which management never took seriously. This complacency will probably hurt them one day

- Really push for investment to get some actual experience in the door
    - Revisit the business model - the reseller model isn't scalable and you may have already hit or be close to hitting your market ceiling. We could all see this by the lack of real, significant growth over the last 18 months.
    - Increase base pay, revise commission structures and change peoples titles so it is relevant to their experience. Having a salesman with 1 year of sales experience with the title 'Director of Partnerships' or 'VP of sales' will severely hinder their career prospects moving forward. I know that this acts as a great employee retention strategy for Bizness Apps.

There are some smart people at Bizness Apps and I think some investment will enable them to fix some of these poor practices.

Aug 12, 2014COO

Thank you for your candid feedback and we'll continue to strive for creating the best work place possible for our employees. We're extremely sorry your experience here was not to your expectations ... More

Great place to work and have fun at the same time

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bizness Apps full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Bizness Apps is a fun company to work at with tons of perks from management that truly cares about employee satisfaction. Full paid health, dental, vision, but no 401k just yet. The company is also bootstrapped with impressive growth. During my time at the company I've learned the ins and outs of the software industry quickly and then some. Tons of free food, company outings, made friends, all with exciting new market opportunities ahead. This place has serious energy. I would highly recommend this company.

Cons

There aren't really cons besides when comparing the company's perks to other start ups that have raised millions of dollars from venture capitalists. For example, theres no catered lunches like at Google or crazy Christmas parties like at Box but they make up for it a genuinely fun culture.

If you're looking for a get rich quick start up this place probably isn't the spot to be, but if you're looking to learn and grow look no further. The few employees I've seen leave, leave happily onto other exciting career opportunities.

Keep supporting your team and continue to open up new opportunities for people to grow into. Hire the smartest people possible. Keep focusing on making the best product in the market.

Jul 3, 2014COO

Thanks for the review and for working with us!

Needs a few major changes

I worked at Bizness Apps full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Smart, young, fun loving people working hard for a bigger goal. This is a great place to see self motivated people accomplishing tasks and growing every day, personally and as a company. There is a lot to learn about business practices (what to do, what not to do) at a company that doesn't have a corporate structure - it's live and learn here. We take work hard play hard to a new level. From 8am - 4:30pm, we work hard. After 5pm, there is no thresh hold to the fun that can be had. Work life balance is nice and your coworkers will be your friends.

Cons

With lack of corporate structure comes some downfalls. Not much of a career path set up - Management is still establishing their own career path, how could they establish other people's? Also, there is no 401k program or stock option- For a start up with less than 35 people in office, this is a pretty significant downside. With all of the competition in the bay area, it's hard to convince oneself what the long term goal of employment here is.

Adding training for long term employees, and considering how you show your employees that you care about their long term involvement in the company would benefit you considerably.

Jul 3, 2014COO

Thanks for your feedback and your valid points of concern. While we do not have 401k or stock options at this time we do provide compensation above market rate and provide ample opportunities to make ... More

A fantastic and fun place to work.

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bizness Apps full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I worked at Bizness Apps for a bit under a year, and I have nothing but good things to say about the whole experience. It's great for learning the ins and outs of working in a startup environment, but I'd say the best part is the company culture. Everyone here is very dedicated not only to the success of our clients, but to the success of the company as a whole (which includes the individuals in it). Great place to start.

Cons

Still a growing company, so there are some snags here and there.

Mar 10, 2014COO

Thanks for the review. We appreciated the time you spent with us!

Working for a thriving software company has been the most rewarding experience in my career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bizness Apps full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Amazing Company Culture.

-Learn Something New Every Day.

-Fast Pace Work Environment

-Working with Domestic and International Clients

-Unlimited Growth

-Passionate Management Team

-Great Work Environment

Cons

Start-Up Environment.

Relatively new company that has a vast amount of room to grow and learn, which is standard for most start ups.

Keep up the great work!

Jan 27, 2014COO

We appreciate your feedback, thanks for the review.