Black Angus Steakhouse

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Meredith Taylor

Great job to get through college

Server (Former Employee)

ProsYou make money every shift, don't have to wait for a paycheck. For the most part, your scheduling and pay are based solely on your own performance. Managers are pretty laid back and co-workers help each other out. Contests to win gift cards, free appetizers, etc are fun.

ConsTips based on customers, so not a guaranteed amount. Deductions come out of your hourly wage, so checks are low. Company does not allow automatic gratuity on large parties, easy to get screwed out of a large deserved tip.

Advice to Senior ManagementReinstate automatic 16% gratuity on parties of 8 or more! You are losing employees over this decision to opt out of a tax.

This is a great company to work for.

Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsAn excellent culture, great employees, and great vision on top. Brand recognition is top notch, and it's a good company to put on the resume.

ConsThe doom and gloom of complaints can wear you out. You can do 499 dinner counts, and each one of them be a satisfied customer, but if you get one complaint then the night was a failure.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt isn't fun to be walking on eggshells all the time. Don't make each complaint a nuclear disaster.

I absolutely loved my experience with The B.A.S.H. Family! There was always a positive atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExtremely friendly, and welcoming. Understanding; by all means. Maintained with cleanliness. Team work. Togetherness. B.A.S.H. Love<3

ConsThere was always some type of New Management going on..

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate. Communicate. Communicate.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dissatisfied

Hostess (Current Employee) Lake Forest, CA

ProsGreat for students looking for part-time work.

ConsPoor management, often unclean habits by servers.

Good Overall Experience for new workers

Server (Former Employee) Vallejo, CA

ProsTips were good and friendly co workers

ConsNot many cons at this job

It has been the best job I have ever had

Server (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsI enjoy seeing a rreguar cliente. The food is great. They have great food and drink specials. My coworks are great to work with.

ConsThe cons right now is I am working at a store that is closing soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have always had great managers the time a worked dor black angus.

Easy Money but hard to keep the quality up, cooks are constantly battling with you

Food Server (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

Prosthe people and co-workers and the friendships. I have made alot of lifetime friends here, Tips are pretty good considering all the coupons

Conscoupon restaurant, used to be a place to go for a big night out. Now if the coupon comes in the mail they come in. otherwise, you get alot of meal sharing

Advice to Senior Managementtreat your employees who have been there longer than you have been with this company with respect and listen to them.

Looking for a job in restaurant, keep moving past Black Angus

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsFlexible hours
    Good meals
    Decent Health Plan

ConsLong hours
    No holidays off
    No breaks or lunches
    Poor management

Advice to Senior ManagementBlack Angus you should have taken that bankruptcy in '09 as a sign, and closed up shop. CEO Meredith Taylor should be ashamed how these restaurants are run, bargain decent meat, with slave wage hours and labor. If you see her as your CEO for your company, just run!

Once a great company, now mediocre

Procurement & Product Innovation Manager (Current Employee) Los Altos, CA

ProsNew young talent breathing life back into culture

ConsPoor benefits. Lip service from senior management

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your line employees and act on their recommendations

Black angus

Hostess/Server (Current Employee) Northridge, CA

Prosits a very flexible place to work.. great for college kids or moms who need a job while there kids are at school.

Consmajor holidays are mandatory, it you are unable to work on mothers days, fathers day, thanksgiving, or valentines day don't apply. These are northridge's most busy holidays other holidays are not mandatory but may be required. Another con would be the fact that it is very hard to become anything more then a hostess or a server.. If you would like to become a manager you have to talk to the district manager. And its very hard to go from there.. so if you are looking for advancement, not the place you you either.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your trusted employees, they have good ideas and you should have a semi annual meeting to see how anything may be improved.

Worked for Black Angus Steakhouse? Contribute to the Community!