Black Box

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael McAndrew

Pros
  • The Box continues to let go the good people, so we pick them up when they become available (in 4 reviews)

• Great benefits and just get it all in writing (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, no raises, no direction from upper management, they stand in their own way of being successful (in 6 reviews)

• No raises, Don't know who is running the office from one day to the next (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Pretty standard place.

Marketing (Current Employee)

ProsCoworkers were great. Smart, fun. They give you free lunch there! But it's misguided. YOu have to walk uphill, outside, to get to the cafeteria, which is bizarre. And then you only have a half hour to eat. it feels like school. It's all an attempt to keep you onsite and working.

ConsSalary not competitive. Traditional, old-school culture. Not progressive. Hierarchy and politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more progressive in your culture, your expectations. This is 2014.

Black Box = Black Hole

ProsIt's a pay check, nothing more.

ConsLow pay, no raises, no direction from upper management, they stand in their own way of being successful. Their business model inhibits them from being successful, not promotes it. Their focus has become following policies and procedures, not customer service and making a profit. They are a bloated organization where the support staff is more important than the actual field personnel that generate revenue. Stay away from this company, far far away.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign and find some other company to run into the ground.

PM

Solutions Architect (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsPay is decent once jobs come in

ConsLimited Techs, had to hire temps to fill in.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a happy place to work.

Accounting Manager (Current Employee) Amityville, NY

ProsI can't think about one.

ConsThey don't know how to run the business, has no plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO keeps lying to employees.

okay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proscompetitive environment with a large foot print

Consevery branch is run differently so leadership varies

Micromanaged and Brushed Off

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsDecent pay, good benefits, lots of good people

ConsNo vision at the management level, a lot of empty promises, unethical dealings with VPs, upper management doesn't care at all about the employees

Advice to Senior ManagementStop listening to the middle managers that completely lack vision and listen to the people in the field who actually WORK in the markets they're in vs the managers who haven't been in the trenches in 2 decades.

9 years of terrible

Customer Service - Support (Former Employee) Blue Bell, PA

ProsI actually liked working with the majority of the people there. Gained many long lasting customer relationships and some friendships as well.

Cons10% pay cut - 2 lay offs- then cut hrs. Because their #s weren't met. Was underpaid to begin with. Try laying off the union workers in the office that belong on the street working. Or how about upper management who I could do circles around. Not one person in that building could do my job as well as I could. 9 long years at the same desk with no where to go!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop having drunks make decisions - wake up!

Worst project management ever!

Technician/Project Manager (Former Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

ProsIf you are in desperate need of work and have no other options and don't mind low pay and working for horrible project managers with absolutely no morals, then Black Box Winston-Salem is the place for you!

ConsThere is absolutely no one in the office that knows how to manage a project properly. Customers are fleeing because of the total incompetence of the office. They have just lost two of their biggest local customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the entire office staff and hire people who actually know how to manage projects. Most importantly, stop promoting lazy, incompetent, morons from the field and making them "project managers" just because they are easily manipulated and willing to weasel and backstab their way to the front office. The Winston-Salem office is a pathetic joke, which is why they continue to lose customers, as well as their best technicians.

It has only gotten worse

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThe Box continues to let go the good people, so we pick them up when they become available.

ConsThe Box will retain all of the lazy, incompetent people. The reason? Because they cannot function in the real world and can be manipulated, like puppets, to make that all important BOTTOM LINE, look good.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe sad part here, I have read through the recent posts, and, the pattern has remained the same. There is no upper management at Black Box. The management resides in Murfreesboro, sucking the company dry without a care in the world. If the shareholders only knew how poorly run this company is, they would dump the worthless stock and re invest it elsewhere.

good company

Cable Technician (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosyou can learn alot, inside work.....

Consnot high pay, not much overtime

Worked for Black Box? Contribute to the Community!